Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-27-2013, 02:51 AM   #15
Brian Bond

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candr3535 View Post
No. I'm one anal bastard. I'd take it back and have it fixed. But then again the dealership I deal with knows me so well. I've purchased at least 8 cars there in 10 years. They know I'm anal. Lol
Its not too bad, I will just do my best to remove them with in the next few days. I found the severe swirl remover on their website but the video said there is a less intense one but I can not find it.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #16
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Look in the polishing section of Adams. 5th row down and then 3rd product to the right. Helps with swirls
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #17
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Adams paint finishing polish
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:56 AM   #18
Brian Bond

Ohhh ok! I Will call them tomorrow and see when I can place a quick order
Old 11-27-2013, 03:26 AM   #19
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bond View Post
Ohhh ok! I Will call them tomorrow and see when I can place a quick order
Adams has black Friday deals. Don't forget to check that out

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
Egon

Just FYI, this question is probably more suited for the detailing section and you might get more replies there. However to answer your question I have been using the products recommended here by forum member CamaroDreams07 and I have been extremely satisfied with all of them. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275418 I have been especially pleased with the Optimum products, Optimum Car Wash and Optimum No Rinse. I use Rinseless wash most of the time and it gets the car spotless with about 4 gallons of water total. The Adam's Detail Spray is fantastic, I want to buy a 55gal drum of the stuff. I would also recommend the Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer for the hood wrap. Adams also makes a product for the matte wraps that I hear is great but I have not used it myself. (get something for the hood wrap otherwise it will look like crap)

I ordered my 2014 1LE and I told my dealership not to wash or prep the car so no swirls for me. After the initial IronX treatment and wash I took it straight to a local detailer for any paint correction (there was almost none needed) and application of Opticoat. I will eventually start waxing and sealing the car but the Opticoat really reduces the need for it. If you do have visible swirls please check with the detailing gurus over in the detailing section on how to handle them. Often times they will require the use of an orbital polisher and some know how. If you aren't familiar with how to correct paint please ask them for advice first.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #21
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Adams has a deal right now where you get a $100 gift card and a 16 oz bottle of detail spray for $85 bucks.

I bought to last night.

They only have 100 available.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #22
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bond View Post
I am thinking about getting this Kit:
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-782-a...etail-kit.aspx

Good Deal?
I started with the same kit. The vrm stud is great for trim
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
detox

Drives: 2002 ss camaro
Hot soapy water works best at removing tree sap. Then wax
detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #24
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Search for and watch junkman2000's two bucket wash series on YouTube.

Here's my process and tools for just the wheels.

I use a multi step process:

TOOLS
1. Adams Boulder Blonde Boars Hair Wheel Brush - 20 inch
2. Adams Fender Brush - 20 inch
3. Adams Turbo Stick (connected to wireless drill)
4. Adams Trim and Lugnut Brush
5. Five gallon bucket of water
6. Microfiber cloth
7. Chemical Guys Diablo Gel Gem Wheel Cleaner
8. Chemical Guys All Clean All Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser
9. Electric Leaf Blower

WASH (do one wheel at a time and keep cleaned wheels wet until your car is completely washed)
1. Spray wheel, inside barrel and wheel well thoroughly with water - highest pressure your hose has. Watch the brake dust roll down your driveway.

2. Spray wheel well with All Purpose Cleaner/Degreaser

3. Spray wheel liberally with Diablo. Start with lugs. Shoot into barrel (up, down, left, right). Spray outer edge. Spray in circle around the legs of the wheel. I use a lot.

4. Dip Blonde Boars Hari Wheel Brush in bucket. Stand to side of wheel. Make clockwise circles spiraling out from lugs. Make counter clockwise circles spiraling in toward lugs. Spiral it around some more until it's nice and soapy. Put brush back into bucket.

5. Dip lug nut brush into water bucket. Insert brush over lugs, one by one. Spin brush right and left. Then get your valve cover. Then your brake pads. Rinse brush in water and let sit on something (mine has a wooden handle so I don't leave it in the water) between wheels.

6. Dip turbo stick into water. Insert into barrel portion of wheel. Turn on drill. Move it left to right between the wheel arms. Then diagonally side to side. I rock it toward the outer edge of the wheel to get the groove that goes around the rim. Do these steps in all positions. Rinse the turbo stick. Put the drill away from water spray.

7. Take microfiber towel. Rinse in same water bucket. Then wipe down the wheel's arms one by one. Especially get behind each arm and around the groove that goes around the rim. Now doctor up the brake pads. Smile.

8. Take the fender brush and rinse it. Clean the fenders wells as best you can. It's tight in there on the frontiers. Don't bang up your fenders. Put the brush into the bucket.

9. Rinse, Repeat for each other wheel

It take me about 30-45 minutes to wash my wheels. They come out amazing.

10. Wash your car (I won't get into this here. Watch the Junkman videos I mention above.)

11. Sheet Dry / Pool Dry your car. Yes, dry your wet car with water.

12. Take the leaf blower and dry the wheels, wheel wells, gas cap, side markers, door handles, mirrors, grill/front and spoiler/rear end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #25
Murse

Drives: 2014 1LE (STORMTROOPER)
Chemical guys has the Meticulous Matte on sale for $9.99 today! Just ordered 2