Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #15
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The path Camaro styling currently is on has put it in third place in it's segment behind Mustang and amazingly behind Challenger.

Camaro's evolutionary styling and getting away from the retro look, has not produced anything close to a home-run. At first I was not a fan of continuing on with any retro theme from previous generations, but after this many years the retro styling is what the Camaro needs for the future...

Use this existing alpha platform for a 7th Gen with 2nd Gen styling cues....All the concerns of what the Camaro needs for improvement can be met with a 2nd Gen look and a return to sensible mild retro styling. It's time, and hopefully not too late for the 7tth Gen to compete with Mustang and Challenger. My $.02
I would rather they end the Camaro with the 6th Gen then see another Retro version no matter how mild . It was easy for designers to rip off styling from the first gen , there is no way they could pull off a split bumper without it looking like some kind of Power Wheels Barbie Mobile toy kids sit in a drive. I know the gen 5 sold well but it was just too big for a Camaro and set a path in the wrong direction.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:14 PM   #16
orange blaze
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I love the gen6 but not so much the 2019. We took a trip this spring down the West coast along the PCH into LA and then to Phoenix. The car was so comfortable to drive, exceptional gas mileage and I was not easy on it. Raced a new Challenger and wasted him. I would not have minded if they had made the Gen6 even a little smaller.
orange blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:16 PM   #17
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
GM performance cars have a long history of copying Ferrari, with a twist.
The C7 is super obviously a copy of the F12
The Portofino recalls the Camaro with its wide stance and hips.
We could do worse than to get a 7th gen inspired by the Portofino.

Last edited by protovack; 11-23-2018 at 11:49 PM.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 02:18 AM   #18
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
The leaked Cadillac Coupe gives us the best hints at the 7th Gen Camaro.

Of course you can't say anything about front- and rearend styling. But the sidelines will stay pretty much the same, but with bigger windows and lower beltline, to improve visibility. If you look closely you can see that this coupe concept has a hatchback trunk, so it seems like they really want to increase the practicality in the next Camaro.

I can totally imagine that the next Camaro will go the Blazer frontend route in terms of very small headlights just like this coupe.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #19
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
I think that Ferrari does indeed look like a C7. I'd buy a Camaro that looks like that fo sho.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #20
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBsC6 View Post
The alpha platform on the camaro is utterly superior to the competition...

The evolutionary styling of the 6 th gen was a calculated move on the part of gm...and the 6th gen camaro is a dam good looking vehicle...

It just didnt ignite enough 5 th gen owners to trade in and buy a sixth gen...

The recent mid cycle refresh upgrade isnt photographing well..(hopefully)

As the corvette goes rear mid engine this january at the detroit show..lthat leaves room for the camaro to take a giant leap forward in styling.

The alphaa platform only needs to be modified to adjust to the styling changes suggested...

The platform itself is the best in the industry...

The interior needs almost nothing to be changed....or whatever changes are made will be fine..

Just style this bitch to look like a standard hardtop 2 plus 2 we see here...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/05/phot...ifornia-t.html

Who would buy a 7 th gen camaro that looked like this ?

Nobody would care about sightlines, rear seat room, and barely about price...

Thats how you get pricing power as a manufacturer...

You style your 2 plus 2 sexy camaro to look like this car...

The camaro zL1 s performance is already on par with the portifino...

Who wants some of the weed im smoking?

Happy holidays guys yet this is a good idea...

Keep the alpha platform as is and just style it like a ferrari portifino 2 plus 2 hardtop.

We want classic American Pony Car styling, not some Boujie Italian sports car crap.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 03:38 PM   #21
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Can't say it enough...great car top performer horrendous visibility..GM needs rethink retool and revise.. The evolution thing is KILLING sales. It is a sad day getting beat by competition by old non updated models.. Ok rant over...its upsetting to me and I can only personally buy so many camaros ...

They get beat because Chevy refuses to advertise and excite. Dodge Challengers were slow selling until they started doing those retro Dodge Brothers commercials along with promoting the Hellcat...then sales took off. Dodge cut back on the commercials because they have now sold enough to see 10 or 15 of them on the street everyday. Chevy can't figure that out.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:43 PM   #22
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARBIE 1 View Post
Silly ass post.

Agreed
Old 11-24-2018, 03:50 PM   #23
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
The leaked Cadillac Coupe gives us the best hints at the 7th Gen Camaro.

Of course you can't say anything about front- and rearend styling. But the sidelines will stay pretty much the same, but with bigger windows and lower beltline, to improve visibility. If you look closely you can see that this coupe concept has a hatchback trunk, so it seems like they really want to increase the practicality in the next Camaro.

I can totally imagine that the next Camaro will go the Blazer frontend route in terms of very small headlights just like this coupe.

Caddy has had so many beautiful designs that have never come to fruition. Don't know whats up with that. If they make this...like it looks it will be hit. This looks sweet.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #24
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
They get beat because Chevy refuses to advertise and excite. Dodge Challengers were slow selling until they started doing those retro Dodge Brothers commercials along with promoting the Hellcat...then sales took off. Dodge cut back on the commercials because they have now sold enough to see 10 or 15 of them on the street everyday. Chevy can't figure that out.
But in reality the Challenger’s volume has increased to the level of the new Camaro low. Maybe edging it slightly in 2018.

So if they are selling ~equally~ how is one a screaming success and the other a failure? Because it really, really sucked for so long?
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 11-24-2018 at 06:39 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #25
Michael2000

Drives: .
I've given up hope of GM producing a "pretty" car again. GM is hung up on these sharp edged lines, and it just doesn't look good. If you look at the most beautiful cars in the world, they don't have these overly sharp lines.

Also something has gone wrong at GM Design. Put a 2nd Gen F body next to a 6th Gen, and the 2nd Gen is sleeker, lower, and smaller, but had better visibility, more room inside and the trunk, fit big block V8 engines, had better weight distribution, and was lighter (even with big iron engine blocks, heads, intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds, and no high strength steels, no carbon fiber, etc.).
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:06 PM   #26
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
I've given up hope of GM producing a "pretty" car again. GM is hung up on these sharp edged lines, and it just doesn't look good. If you look at the most beautiful cars in the world, they don't have these overly sharp lines.

Also something has gone wrong at GM Design. Put a 2nd Gen F body next to a 6th Gen, and the 2nd Gen is sleeker, lower, and smaller, but had better visibility, more room inside and the trunk, fit big block V8 engines, had better weight distribution, and was lighter (even with big iron engine blocks, heads, intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds, and no high strength steels, no carbon fiber, etc.).

Car companies today can't just design whatever they wANT from creativity. They must sacrifice all out design with wind tunnel designs to meet govt. mandates of fuel efficiency and safety/crash tests. That wasn't an issue with 1st and 2nd and even 3rd gen camaros.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:50 PM   #27
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:

The problem is those cars were junk ,out side of sentimental value they have nothing over a 6th gen . I loved my old 1972 RS but keeping it running at top notch was a huge pain in the a$$ . If you park a 1972 SS/RS next to a 2018 SS/1Le you see difference in safety and laws over 46 years but the fact is a big block second gen is not much better then a 4 cylinder 6th gen in performance .I think the 6th gen is a much more belonging Camaro then the 5th gen will ever be . Another thing ,i can't remember my 72 visibility being better then my 18 but it has been a while . Don't get me wrong i love the second gens but the Camaro has come a long way since then and they are right where they should be , forget sales let Chevy worry about that .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:04 AM   #28
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

I started driving when the gen2s flooded the used car market. I owned many and loved them ...especially the TA. However, the trunk was worst than the gen6 and backseat was only marginally better. Rear visibility is a wash

GM sold hundreds of thousands each year but people actually drove them. Storing one for the winter was a rare occurrence. They were drivers.

The bunker side and front view is unique to the gen5/6 and the high belt line throws off your perception of where the front of the car is. You get use to it and adjust but it’s easy to see it being an obstacle to ownership for many
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 11-28-2018 at 07:30 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote