Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions


Cold Air Inductions


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2017, 10:36 PM   #15
Rooster OG
 
Rooster OG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Northern California
Posts: 264
Hmm, interesting. Are you guys doing something for the vents on the sides of the front?
Rooster OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:22 AM   #16
JustinOpinion
 
JustinOpinion's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Delaware
Posts: 210
Meanwhile, the rear body panels are being eaten alive. How about a set of REAL rock guards for the ZL1??
__________________
2017 Black ZL1 6MT
JustinOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #17
Mize442
 
Mize442's Avatar
 
Drives: Current driver AMC Pacer.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Space Lord by Monster Magnet
Posts: 121
damn I like it but do you have to remove the front of the car to install it? I'm not that inclined.
Mize442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:51 PM   #18
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28, Challenger
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,221
We now have it online. here https://zl1addons.com/collections/ac...o-grill-screen
__________________
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #19
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28, Challenger
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mize442 View Post
damn I like it but do you have to remove the front of the car to install it? I'm not that inclined.
easier to remove the front fascia than on the 5th gen. its not that hard. You will have to remove it if a rock gets the radiator, Same screen as used on the GT4R race Camaro.
__________________
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #20
Thirty3
 
Drives: SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Land of 10,000 lakes.
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
easier to remove the front fascia than on the 5th gen. its not that hard. You will have to remove it if a rock gets the radiator, Same screen as used on the GT4R race Camaro.
Funny you guys just came out with this. I was just going to ask if anyone had a front screen protector, similar to the GT4.R! You guys are on point.

Your company will being taking a lot of my money once I get my car.
__________________
2018 SS 1LE
Thirty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #21
seddon

 
seddon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,151
I will be needing this, nyc driving is tuff
__________________
Elite Design Concepts NY5THGEN2017 ZL1 Garnet Red/M6/// IG @Crazl1
seddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #22
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28, Challenger
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty3 View Post
Funny you guys just came out with this. I was just going to ask if anyone had a front screen protector, similar to the GT4.R! You guys are on point.

Your company will being taking a lot of my money once I get my car.
Thr GT4R uses the same material as we use.
__________________
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:38 AM   #23
SkunkJunk420
 
SkunkJunk420's Avatar
 
Drives: "The Skunkmobile"
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 678
is there a package deal or member discount if we order multiple items? I need one of these and the tow hook (red) with the front license plate adapter
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:28 AM   #24
SuperSteveSS
 
SuperSteveSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ss
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Tex
Posts: 99
Ehh, I was hoping for something with a bit smaller holes to help with bugs as well. This looks like a trip to the hardware store.
SuperSteveSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #25
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28, Challenger
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSteveSS View Post
Ehh, I was hoping for something with a bit smaller holes to help with bugs as well. This looks like a trip to the hardware store.
Anything smaller will impede airflow, A screen like on a window will not be good. bugs will not hurt the radiator, but rocks will.
__________________
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #26
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT
 
Sven59's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 4,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Anything smaller will impede airflow, A screen like on a window will not be good. bugs will not hurt the radiator, but rocks will.
How much reduction in cooling?
__________________
"DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?"
Sven59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #27
DWillys
 
Drives: Truck
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 45
Like many things in life, it depends.
DWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #28
kwav8r
 
kwav8r's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: G14 Classified
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOpinion View Post
Meanwhile, the rear body panels are being eaten alive. How about a set of REAL rock guards for the ZL1??
+1
kwav8r is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.