Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #29
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Retro interior...
Old 04-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #30
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
How would you build a Z28?
Start with a price point of $55-65K range, honestly that has to be addressed and even still that's pricey but affordable than the current Z/28. Keep some of the attributes the Z/28 has but scale it down. If Chevrolet can dedicate their effort in making a track ready car, they can make an affordable car. And no the 1LE isn't what I mean either.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #31
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnman View Post
I don't want to see a return to the bubble back rear window/no rear-quarter window design. We had enough years of that.
You know what's awesome at 75mph with the windows down??? Windows the length of what's in a 4th gen...so much less wind noise in a 4th gen on the highway than in a 5th gen. So I'd like to see quarter windows that can roll down like the real old cars.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #32
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Start with a price point of $55-65K range, honestly that has to be addressed and even still that's pricey but affordable than the current Z/28. Keep some of the attributes the Z/28 has but scale it down. If Chevrolet can dedicate their effort in making a track ready car, they can make an affordable car. And no the 1LE isn't what I mean either.
How is it not? It seems to fit what you say, other than not having a Z28 badge.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:14 AM   #33
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
How is it not? It seems to fit what you say, other than not having a Z28 badge.
Had a 1LE already and it wasn't all that great to be honest. If it had a Z28 badge on it I would have traded it in regardless. Put a LS7 in the 1LE and I may change my mind but even still I want to see results. The 1LE felt loose, didnt feel grounded. I wasn't impressed.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:45 AM   #34
Bhobbs

Quote:
Had a 1LE already and it wasn't all that great to be honest. If it had a Z28 badge on it I would have traded it in regardless. Put a LS7 in the 1LE and I may change my mind but even still I want to see results. The 1LE felt loose, didnt feel grounded. I wasn't impressed.
So you want a Z/28 but don't want the premium it commands? An LS7 1LE would probably be slower than the ZL1 but the same price.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #35
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
So you want a Z/28 but don't want the premium it commands? An LS7 1LE would probably be slower than the ZL1 but the same price.
I want a Z28. Not a Z/28 to what we know it. The Z/28 shouldn't have been called that honestly. A premium of $75K and now will most likely be $100K value for a Camaro mind you is wrong. Did you pay premium for your Z28? Sounds like it was pretty damn affordable to me.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #36
Bhobbs

Quote:
I want a Z28. Not a Z/28 to what we know it. The Z/28 shouldn't have been called that honestly. A premium of $75K and now will most likely be $100K value for a Camaro mind you is wrong. Did you pay premium for your Z28? Sounds like it was pretty damn affordable to me.
What should if have been called?

Did I pay a premium for the Z28? Of course not because GM didn't put anywhere near the effort into it. It's not even in the same universe as the 2014 Z/28. They didn't even put in the best N/A engine they had. Corvette was all they cared about and because of that, the Camaro died.

$75k is wrong to you but not to me. Everyone wants the Camaro to compete with the best cars in the world. Well you gotta pay to play.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #37
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Just an FYI but the Camaro emblem has already made an appearance on the 5th gen.

I think it can be made nice for a 6th gen as well. As far as removing the Bowtie... NEVER gonna happen. The Corvette is a Chevy but it's much more than that. It's a car that someone would shop but never would look at another GM car. The Camaro is really the working mans halo car. You might get smaller or differently designed Bowties but if you think they would ever remove them 100% your crazy.

That said whats with all the hate! lol
Attached Images

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:39 AM   #38
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
What should if have been called?

Did I pay a premium for the Z28? Of course not because GM didn't put anywhere near the effort into it. It's not even in the same universe as the 2014 Z/28. They didn't even put in the best N/A engine they had. Corvette was all they cared about and because of that, the Camaro died.

$75k is wrong to you but not to me. Everyone wants the Camaro to compete with the best cars in the world. Well you gotta pay to play.
If you release a Camaro that has a price tag that the average/slight above average consumer can't buy how will it not die? The Z/28 is alive because of the other trims below it. The Camaro brand won't sustain just based off of Z/28's they don't make enough and if you make enough of them they WILL sit because its too expensive. I see alot of Z28s on the road. Alot of them. So while you say they didnt put much effort in it, you own one and many others do. Pay to play is that your ending statement? Well that doesn't apply. I've paid and still waiting....
Old 04-20-2014, 12:45 AM   #39
Bhobbs

Quote:
If you release a Camaro that has a price tag that the average/slight above average consumer can't buy how will it not die? The Z/28 is alive because of the other trims below it. The Camaro brand won't sustain just based off of Z/28's they don't make enough and if you make enough of them they WILL sit because its too expensive. I see alot of Z28s on the road. Alot of them. So while you say they didnt put much effort in it, you own one and many others do. Pay to play is that your ending statement? Well that doesn't apply. I've paid and still waiting....
There are plenty of Camaros of different price levels. The Z/28 has nothing to do with people buying V6s or SSs.

You see a lot of Z28s because they were the SSs of the 4th gen. They were nothing special. Yes I own one and accept what they are. Seems like you have them made out to be something they aren't.

The Camaro isn't going to live or die off the Z/28, just like the ZL1. It has the V6 SS to support it. I bet they sell every Z/28 they build.

You're waiting for something that will never come because even you don't know what you want in the car.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:41 AM   #40
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
There are plenty of Camaros of different price levels. The Z/28 has nothing to do with people buying V6s or SSs.

You see a lot of Z28s because they were the SSs of the 4th gen. They were nothing special. Yes I own one and accept what they are. Seems like you have them made out to be something they aren't.

The Camaro isn't going to live or die off the Z/28, just like the ZL1. It has the V6 SS to support it. I bet they sell every Z/28 they build.

You're waiting for something that will never come because even you don't know what you want in the car.
Guess ill be waiting then. In anycase if you want to further talk about it, PMs are available at your disposal. Your opinion or whatever you choose to call it won't sway my mind. I've given you enough attention as it is. Enjoy your Z28 the car in your mind GM didn't really put much effort in.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #41
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
I don't want to see a Z/28. I want to see a Z28.
You set your standards low.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #42
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
What I don't want on a 6th gen:
Less interior space.
Less truck \ cargo space.
Less interior hard plastic materials.

What I would like to see on a 6th gen:
More exterior color options (so tired of dark or darker).
More interior color options (so tired of charcoal and a little color of whatever).
Improved interior materials / finishes (less hard plastic, better quality leather and metal parts versus plastic parts).
More wheel choices in different sizes.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote