Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
If we DO HAVE the ability to contact some aliens...we TRULY NEED THEIR HELP RIGHT NOW with the fukushima reactors (for which 3 of them completely melted down) and they say they are about to remove fuel rods from reactor 4. The entire pacific ocean is going to be toxic waste in a few years. it seems to me that the off-worlders (if they do exist)...need to come and help but I bet they won't.

http://enenews.com/bbc-the-real-dead...-dont-ask-what
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #16
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
I believe that alien life exists, and I dont want to be around when they get here. Will not end well for the human race.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I genuinely hope we're not alone. I would actually have loved to have been born far enough in the future that humans are interacting with cultures from other planets. I understand how far stretched the physics are of trying to travel those distances. I believe that as long as little kids grow up reading and watching science fiction that they will grow into physicists and engineers who have the drive and imagination to make that one day happen.

I was thinking about something a little related the other day, given that we just had the anniversary of JFK's assassination. A big part f his legacy was challenging the American people to put a man on the moon and we did it. Several times. I would like to see a president come out and say something similar about Mars. I would like a president to come out and say within 10 years will have a permanent moon base, much like the space station where international crews stay for extended periods of time, and that also within ten years we will send humans to Mars and return them safely to Earth. I understand some say it's a one way trip, we can't relaunch from that end. Well, can't never could, so drop that word and go old school NASA: Failure is not an option.
Jus a little correction to your post, the anniversary of JFK's assassination isn't until the 22nd of November.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Who's to say if there is other life in the universe any of it is more advanced than we are?
Wouldn't it be funny if we were the most advanced lifeform in the universe???
I am still looking for signs of intelligent life on this planet

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 11-13-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #19
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Check out ancient aliens on history channel. A lot of coincidences.
I have my own opinions about that show.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I genuinely hope we're not alone. I would actually have loved to have been born far enough in the future that humans are interacting with cultures from other planets. I understand how far stretched the physics are of trying to travel those distances. I believe that as long as little kids grow up reading and watching science fiction that they will grow into physicists and engineers who have the drive and imagination to make that one day happen.

I was thinking about something a little related the other day, given that we just had the anniversary of JFK's assassination. A big part f his legacy was challenging the American people to put a man on the moon and we did it. Several times. I would like to see a president come out and say something similar about Mars. I would like a president to come out and say within 10 years will have a permanent moon base, much like the space station where international crews stay for extended periods of time, and that also within ten years we will send humans to Mars and return them safely to Earth. I understand some say it's a one way trip, we can't relaunch from that end. Well, can't never could, so drop that word and go old school NASA: Failure is not an option.
On a related note, India just launched their first mission to mars. Obviously it's an unmanned mission at this point. However, the fact that other nations are revving up their space programs to visit Mars is very promising. I too, would love to see a Manned mission to Mars in the next 20yrs.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #21
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Surely the technology exists for someone else to pay us a visit and their visit go by undetected.

the only reason we have a CPU right now in our computer is because of THEM.

Their stuff crashed here in 1947. We reverse engineered everything we could.....and gave the public some of it.....and some of it is "not" for the public. (integrated circuits, night vision, fiber optics,)

"They" are the reason we had a HUGE leap in technology. Not sure if they live on the inside of earth, or they live on the (extremely obviously artificial perfectly sphere-shaped by design hollow moon) positioned around earth.

All we have to do to get them to show themselves is start sending nukes into space at random coordinates. They will respond by intercepting the missiles and if needed, they will simply come and dismantle all our nukes. earth is a little playground for beings that basically cannot be trusted but considered valuable nonetheless.

We already know how to cloak our own aircraft including how to make it look hidden in the sky. If we can do it, then they can do it way better.

I'm not sure how accurate the whole CPU thing is. I mean, I would like to believe that humans were ingenious enough to develop such tech. I don't know if I buy into the whole "all of our tech stems from their tech" yet.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Old 11-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Who's to say if there is other life in the universe any of it is more advanced than we are?
Wouldn't it be funny if we were the most advanced lifeform in the universe???
I for one is still looking for signs of intelligent life on this planet

Old 11-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #23
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Btw, this seems like an appropriate place to inject this. Is anyone here familiar with the Black Knight satellite? I would like to know what you guys think, even though it's supposedly just a piece of shielding from a previous space mission.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
I'm not sure how accurate the whole CPU thing is. I mean, I would like to believe that humans were ingenious enough to develop such tech. I don't know if I buy into the whole "all of our tech stems from their tech" yet.
Yeah how far back in our technology would you go back to?
I think Silly Putty came from Aliens...
Old 11-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #25
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
Btw, this seems like an appropriate place to inject this. Is anyone here familiar with the Black Knight satellite? I would like to know what you guys think, even though it's supposedly just a piece of shielding from a previous space mission.
The Black Knight is difficult to explain. It was supposedly first detected in 1953. . It's only been seen with the naked eye on two occasions that I know of. First was in 1963 by an astronaut traveling into space and then again in 1998 by Space Shuttle Endeavour's crew of STS-88. It's in a polar orbit. Which wasn't obtainable at that time by the Soviets or Americans.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #26
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I just found out about Black Knight the other day on Imgur. Pretty interesting.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #27
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
The Black Knight is difficult to explain. It was supposedly first detected in 1953. . It's only been seen with the naked eye on two occasions that I know of. First was in 1963 by an astronaut traveling into space and then again in 1998 by Space Shuttle Endeavour's crew of STS-88. It's in a polar orbit. Which wasn't obtainable at that time by the Soviets or Americans.
Anyone have any legitimate news or science organizations that have reports on this? All I can find are wacko lunatic conspiracy web sites.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #28
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Whoa, I didn't know that. From everything I've read, it seemed certain that the piece belonged to us.