Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #1
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
ZL1 in tank pump part number

Does anyone have the part number for this pump? There are two numbers listed on thatgmpartsguy's website, 23377983 and 23377989. I'm looking to upgrade the fuel system on my '16 2ss coupe
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:18 PM   #2
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
23377989 is the LT4 in-tank pump (may not come with the sender, reuse your existing sender if so)

The other part number you listed is for the 3.6L LGX equipped Camaro.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:17 AM   #3
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
23377989 is the LT4 in-tank pump (may not come with the sender, reuse your existing sender if so)

The other part number you listed is for the 3.6L LGX equipped Camaro.
It comes with a new seal, so dont order one of those as well! Mine came complete with a new level sender

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #4
L78toLT1

Thanks guys. I'll get the pump on order. I'm doing a few preemptive mods to get my car ready for Pray's head and cam package sometime early next year. Still on the fence on stg 1 or stg 2 cam. Dudchitts, if I'm not mistaken you're doing stg 1 aren't you? Has Pray finished your heads yet?
Old 12-01-2017, 08:51 AM   #5
Dubchitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Thanks guys. I'll get the pump on order. I'm doing a few preemptive mods to get my car ready for Pray's head and cam package sometime early next year. Still on the fence on stg 1 or stg 2 cam. Dudchitts, if I'm not mistaken you're doing stg 1 aren't you? Has Pray finished your heads yet?
He started on them the other day. Sounds like we're waiting on those, and my gaskets to come in

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Old 12-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #6
L78toLT1

Dudchitts, since I'm pretty much following in your footsteps mod wise, what are your thoughts on header installation? I picked up some Kooks long tubes from another member and am debating on when to do the install. Obviously it would be easier to do when I do the heads/cam but if it's not too much of a pita, I would like to knock it out beforehand.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
Old 12-01-2017, 11:14 AM   #7
Dubchitts

Quote:
Dudchitts, since I'm pretty much following in your footsteps mod wise, what are your thoughts on header installation? I picked up some Kooks long tubes from another member and am debating on when to do the install. Obviously it would be easier to do when I do the heads/cam but if it's not too much of a pita, I would like to knock it out beforehand.

If i were doing it again, I would wait until the cam/ heads. Only to save money on tuning. Otherwise they aren't really hard to do, just don't plan on it being a quick job if it's the first time doing it.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476665

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...Header+install

I used these two guides and the kooks. I thought the starter was easier to remove than the motor mount, and is probably how I would do it again. If you don't have a hoist you need good jackstands, and wheel chocks. You have to get the car almost as high as a jack will take it to get the headers in. I can't remember if both went in from the bottom or just the passenger side.

Also a rubber plug 3/4" for the heater hose.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #8
Dubchitts

Quote:
I'm sorry, I gave you bad information. It does NOT come with a level sensor. You have to transfer it or buy new. Easy to transfer. Push the 2 locks in and pull the assembly out. The wires are just wrapped around the others but and have 2 little clips at the bottom that you just slide the wires out of.

When you do this there's 3 hoses that you have to disconnect while the pump is inside the tank. Easier off than going back on I found. If you have some strong string or thin wire to wrap or tie around each of those hoses inside it helps for reinstalling.

Removal, do the big one up top, then the one that has the 90* fitting, then the other (it has the shortest line) reverse for install

Old 12-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #9
L78toLT1

Thanks for the tips. My pump should arrive by the weekend but I'm not sure if I will tackle it right away. Temps are going to dip into the 20`so this weekend and my shop is unheated
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
Old 12-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #10
L78toLT1

Any sign of your heads yet?
Old 12-09-2017, 05:03 PM   #11
Dubchitts

Quote:
Any sign of your heads yet?
I believe theyre getting milled next week. So maybe if im lucky I'll get a nice present in time for Christmas! Lol