Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
Germy2011

Drives: 2015 Summit White Camaro LS Coupe
Today I Felt So *ay...

Good morning Chevy Friends,

Last night i had to take my car to the dealer to look at my transmission and clutch, Making funny noises if you remember any of my posts. This morning I drove a Nissan Sentra 2015. I felt so less of a man driving that thing :(. I dont think i could ever have a family or anything if it meant driving something different than my Camaro.

Sorry guys just wanted to rant.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #2
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Let us not judge a man by the Nissan Sentra he drives but by the content of his... CAMARO!!! I'm with ya, Bro.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Not really sure how to take your post. I'm both curious and offended at the same time. You sound like a pretty young dude, so I guess some slack is in order. If driving your Camaro makes you feel like a good old heterosexual male, all the power to you, but to say that driving another makes you feel "gay" is pretty crappy. Would it have been better if you said it makes you feel like "a girl". Bet the woman on this board would have liked that.....

Now I know a car forum isn't necessarily the place for political or social debate, but IMHO, save that crap for another place, preferably a private place.

I love the car experiences and the tech knowledge that we share here, but stuff like this wears thin......

Just an old dudes .02....and no OP, I'm not "gay", but my daughter is married to a wonderful woman, who my wife and I love dearly...
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Not really sure how to take your post. I'm both curious and offended at the same time. You sound like a pretty young dude, so I guess some slack is in order. If driving your Camaro makes you feel like a good old heterosexual male, all the power to you, but to say that driving another makes you feel "gay" is pretty crappy. Would it have been better if you said it makes you feel like "a girl". Bet the woman on this board would have liked that.....

Now I know a car forum isn't necessarily the place for political or social debate, but IMHO, save that crap for another place, preferably a private place.

I love the car experiences and the tech knowledge that we share here, but stuff like this wears thin......

Just an old dudes .02....and no OP, I'm not "gay", but my daughter is married to a wonderful woman, who my wife and I love dearly...
+1

Maybe try "felt like a sissy"
Old 03-16-2016, 09:50 AM   #5
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
In other words I only have a 2 incher but when I'm in my Camaro I feel like John Holmes!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #6
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
I have an '06 Sentra lol

It's a different world when I get into it compared to my SS. So gutless
Old 03-16-2016, 10:02 AM   #7
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
The vehicles I own are a reflection of my likes & hobbies, the cars I drive (mine, wife's, rentals, others) do not define who I am. Taking care of my family, raising my daughter, taking responsibility for my own actions, serving my country, etc. define who I am ... as far as what other's may think based on what I'm driving, I could really give a rats as....
Old 03-16-2016, 10:08 AM   #8
Skillet
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post

I think maybe he meant he feels more Canadian *ay?
Old 03-16-2016, 10:08 AM   #9
1LEJNG

Drives: Red Hot 2014 1LE
Nissan

I love driving my 1LE but my "Winter Beater" is a 2014 Maxima Sport. I never feel less than when i drive it.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:09 AM   #10
Skillet
Account Suspended

I feel like a man no matter what I drive. Even if I had to take the bus or walk or ride a bicycle I would not feel any less of a man. Wait...except for a Prius. Now if I had to drive a Prius I might start talking with a lisp.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:17 AM   #11
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
"Land of the Oppressed, Home of the perpetually offended." You'll have your Camaro back soon enough OP. Sorry to hear about your loaner Nissan.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 03-16-2016, 11:31 AM   #12
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
"Land of the Oppressed, Home of the perpetually offended." You'll have your Camaro back soon enough OP. Sorry to hear about your loaner Nissan.
It's a maturity issue.... I realize the OP may be younger and maybe didn't mean he actually feels like changing his sexual preference when he drives a Nissan. God forbid he drives a Corvette. Who know what he'll feel like then,,,,,
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #13
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
It's all about the attitude brah....

Old 03-16-2016, 11:49 AM   #14
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
My winter beater is '16 Cruze M6... is it as fast? no. Is it the most badass looking car? definitely not. Do I feel like less of a man driving it? not at all.
OP its really about self-confidence more than anything. If driving a vehicle in place of your camaro truly dents your confidence that much you may have some underlying issues that the illusion of a car's "manliness" is hiding for you.
Yeah I'm never super pumped to drive the Cruze bc well, lets face it, its a boring A to B car. But I deal with the boring because I know whats at home in the garage waiting for the first sunny day of spring.

Closed Thread

Tags
dealer, nissan, rant