Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
1LE Dual Exhaust Tips??

Ok I so I have my 1LE exhaust diffuser ready to install. I'm running magnaflow axle back exhaust on my LFX, which the piping is pretty close to stock since it was direct fit. The piping is 2.5", but of course I need to change to quad tips for the 1LE diffuser.

I see these posted around but their examples show no 5th Gen Camaros... will these fit? Do i need them to be smaller in length? These are 11.5"... I'm afraid it will stick out too much.

Does anyone know where to get good direct fit tips for 1LE diffusers?

Here's what I'm looking at, interested in 2.5" inlet 4" outlet.

http://tips.byethost4.com/dualindividual.html

Thanks!

-edit-
these look like theyd work but they're only 3" outlet. anyone know if there are 4" available? and theyre only 10" length... does that mean the others are too long?

Last edited by TommyTheCat; 06-04-2014 at 03:10 PM.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
The site you listed shows they have a pair of 2.5' inlet/4" outlet tips available for $125.00 plus shipping.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #3
Spektrum

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I bought my tips from there, very good quality for the price. I posted the same question a couple weeks back and got positive feedback about them. I ended up cutting off my mufflers, having Magnaflow's welded and the tips welded to them. 2.5" inlet, 3.5" outlet. The 4" look good, but to me the 3.5" looked closer to the NPP.

I intend on posting pictures at some point, but I've honestly been too lazy about it.
Spektrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
The site you listed shows they have a pair of 2.5' inlet/4" outlet tips available for $125.00 plus shipping.
I know that, I'm wondering if those will be a good direct fit or not. 11.5" in length might make the tips stick out way too much because the muffler is so close to the back of the diffuser in the first place... I'm hoping someone has done this conversion and can post images of their tips location and where they got them
Old 06-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Just fyi, I'm running the 3.5" dual outlets and they fit just fine.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Just fyi, I'm running the 3.5" dual outlets and they fit just fine.
Are you talking about the magnaflows or the 3.5" from the ones on the first link I posted?

Or if you could, post a picture of your tips and a link to where you got them... thanks
Old 06-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #7
Spektrum

Name:  20140528_110522.jpg
Views: 2605
Size:  131.6 KB

This is a shot underneath while the tips were being installed. They are the 2.5" / 3.5" tips from the site that you're shopping from.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #8
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektrum View Post
Attachment 634301

This is a shot underneath while the tips were being installed. They are the 2.5" / 3.5" tips from the site that you're shopping from.
You seem to have a lot more room than I do between muffler and the diffuser... Mine are also magnaflows...

the tips are only about 6 inches from the weld, being that the new ones would be 11.5" seems like they'd stick out an extra 6 inches...
Old 06-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #9
DSX_Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Are you talking about the magnaflows or the 3.5" from the ones on the first link I posted?

Or if you could, post a picture of your tips and a link to where you got them... thanks
They're the same ones you posted in the original post. That's why I commented lol. I'm not even sure where magnaflow tips were mentioned.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 06-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #10
Spektrum

Perhaps you should find a custom exhaust shop to help you out like I did. Someone who is talented could give you the desired look you want and likely allow you to keep your current setup with small modifications.

The shop I used, Robert's Custom Exhaust, he was willing to make the tips himself if I hadn't already purchased them.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #11
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektrum View Post
Perhaps you should find a custom exhaust shop to help you out like I did. Someone who is talented could give you the desired look you want and likely allow you to keep your current setup with small modifications.

The shop I used, Robert's Custom Exhaust, he was willing to make the tips himself if I hadn't already purchased them.
I was going to install them myself I have a welder. I don't usually do tips but I did the mufflers and I do catalytic converters a lot.

Quote:
They're the same ones you posted in the original post. That's why I commented lol. I'm not even sure where magnaflow tips were mentioned.
I guess I forgot to save the post when I edited it... I added a link to some flowmaster tips I found and somehow mixed them when talking about my current magnaflow tips
Old 06-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Bump-da-bump

I changed the diffuser this morning, only took about 5 minutes real easy job. Judging from the very limited amount of space I have for my tips I may have to get rid of my magnaflows and install something else :/

The tips will be very hard to install without having to cut the system and move mufflers back. Thoughts? I'd like to know who has custom exhaust setup with direct fit axle back mufflers that also installed quad tips and see how hard it was... and also rate their sound because I'd love my magna flows to be louder.

Also in the picture the tips are almost touching the diffuser... I used a pry bar to lower them a bit but obviously the setup is different because the tips never touched before
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #13
DSX_Camaro

I mean... My exhaust tips definitely stick out a bit from the back of the vehicle. Doesn't bother me cause it's not a whole lot.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #14
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
I mean... My exhaust tips definitely stick out a bit from the back of the vehicle. Doesn't bother me cause it's not a whole lot.
the top of his tips are touching the diffuser. i would not drive too much like that.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote