Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #71
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
Or it could be that people hate when something they love changes in a way they do not like.

Showing my age here.... I remember when "New Coke" was released. Marketing, studies, taste tests and a ton of money was spent with the improved version. They expected everyone to love it.... but the backlash was huge. Sure there was people that loved the new version but tons hated it. It was not jealousy or the fear of the new. People had a passion for the original and replacing it was not just updating but altering a classic.

As I said earlier the original Gen 5 was the first car in a long time I personally had a passion for and nothing was going to stop me owning one. To this day I stare at one regardless if it is a V6, V8, 1LE, or ZL1. I see one in a parking lot I look at it. I love the Gen 5 Camaro design. The refresh is my equivalent of "new coke". It is not the same, I don't feel the rush looking at it and for me it is . Sorry if that causes new '14 owners pain but it is my opinion and feelings. "If I have to get used to it" or "it will grow on me" then nope. Not when it was love at first site for the original design and when the ZL1 was released. (BTW I planned on owning my 2010 forever but the ZL1 changed all that real quick.)
Then you should be glad you got one before they changed.
I too remember the "new coke" debacle. I tried it and didn't like it so I bought Classic Coke instead, simple. I didn't set my hair on fire or whine like a little bitch about it.
People have opinions and that's fine. I took no offense at how you expressed your distaste for the 14. A lot of people seem to agree with you and express their opinions about it and that's fine as well. I might even agree with some points they bring up.
My point was if you go out of your way and miss no opportunity to run something into the dirt as opposed to just expressing an opinion there is most likely more to it than just dislike.
You sound very passionate about your Camaro I would imagine a lot of 14 owners feel the same.
I'm no stranger to forums and I could care less what people think so it doesn't bother me but at some point your not just finding fault with GM your also putting down someones car.
Expect some push back.
I honestly think the 14 refresh is a big improvement.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 PM   #72
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig Zag View Post
Then you should be glad you got one before they changed.
I too remember the "new coke" debacle. I tried it and didn't like it so I bought Classic Coke instead, simple. I didn't set my hair on fire or whine like a little bitch about it.
People have opinions and that's fine. I took no offense at how you expressed your distaste for the 14. A lot of people seem to agree with you and express their opinions about it and that's fine as well. I might even agree with some points they bring up.
My point was if you go out of your way and miss no opportunity to run something into the dirt as opposed to just expressing an opinion there is most likely more to it than just dislike.
You sound very passionate about your Camaro I would imagine a lot of 14 owners feel the same.
I'm no stranger to forums and I could care less what people think so it doesn't bother me but at some point your not just finding fault with GM your also putting down someones car.
Expect some push back.
I honestly think the 14 refresh is a big improvement.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
Old 03-19-2014, 05:27 PM   #73
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
+1. I'm all for the '14, but glad I got the '11. Less expensive to keep on the road, annual taxes & reg (over $1,000 in NH) and depreciation is what will keep me from buying '14, '15, '16+ etc. The more the Camaro changes the better, it makes the earlier 5th gens more unique. The newer models will be "better" too, but imvvho, it's how you define "better".

The earlier models are "better" at being the initial reincarnation of the classic '67-'69 though arguably not the same as the originals. The '14, '15, and '16+ will be "better" as improvements to the initial 5th gen reincarnation. So they are all "better". What your criteria is, that's the subjective part! Personally I don't want to pay more $ for a newer car, only replace every 15 to 20 years. If Camaros start to become capable of flight, then maybe sooner. (I know, ZL-1!)

Now if the newer models didn't start or run reliably, I would not say they are better. Those would be the cars of my high school & community college days - from the mid-'70s to early '80s that I saw in junkyards at the time. Lol!

Last edited by OrangeVert; 03-19-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #74
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
The best part of the 2014 redesign is the non-RS front end.

Every time I see the 2014 RS its makes me think of someone with eyes too far apart wearing cat eye glasses (the chrome strip).
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #75
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
2014 3rd tail light

I was at my local dealer the other day and I noticed the 3rd tail light on the 2014 trunk lid.

Actually it looked more like they inserted the light into a swollen pocket that was growing on the trunk.

You would never notice this if the spoiler came standard on all 2014s. But its not and that tail light looks like a growth that you should go see your doctor about.

It has to be the ugliest thing I have seen on this car, with the exception of 32" rims and 28 speakers (don't ask ).
Old 03-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #76
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
I think you're wrong on that. Considering 10-13 was made for 4 model years and 14-15 will only have 2 to get cars out on the road. There will be a a whole lot less of the current bodystyle produced making it more collectible. (probably)
Limited production doesn't mean anything ! The 10-13. is what the public. love because of the Retro styling. Remember transformers is a classic because of the original 5th Gen.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:46 PM   #77
CaliDave

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to CaliDave
I like the 2014 I'm starting to not like the 10-13 cuz of all these dumb ass comments. Didn't your mom every tell you that if you ant got nothing good to say about the 2014 camaro to just STFU! Lol
Old 03-20-2014, 05:16 AM   #78
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
I hate marketing BS. They didn't just "learn" that the lower grille was more efficient or that an extractor hood releases underhood pressure. Unless GM is just full of completely incompetent engineers, they knew it a long time ago. They make it sound like aerodynamics have never been studied before.
They said the same thing about how the Volt's rear corner creases promote flow separation and then made it sound like the kammback effect was a new discovery that is a sole consequence of the Volt's blessed existence. Of course that was known long, long ago, but you don't even have to know that... because any monkey can see that the Prius had those shapes before the Volt did.

If they actually did just discover all that then it's really not something to be bragging about, heh.

Changing the grille textures for better airflow? Yeah, because that aerodynamic effect makes a huge difference in cooling this fiery monster.

C'mon Tom, give your engineers some credit. They aren't that dumb, and neither is everyone else.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #79
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I hate marketing BS. They didn't just "learn" that the lower grille was more efficient or that an extractor hood releases underhood pressure. Unless GM is just full of completely incompetent engineers, they knew it a long time ago. They make it sound like aerodynamics have never been studied before.
They said the same thing about how the Volt's rear corner creases promote flow separation and then made it sound like the kammback effect was a new discovery that is a sole consequence of the Volt's blessed existence. Of course that was known long, long ago, but you don't even have to know that... because any monkey can see that the Prius had those shapes before the Volt did.

If they actually did just discover all that then it's really not something to be bragging about, heh.

Changing the grille textures for better airflow? Yeah, because that aerodynamic effect makes a huge difference in cooling this fiery monster.

C'mon Tom, give your engineers some credit. They aren't that dumb, and neither is everyone else.
Groundhog Day!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #80
dal022

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
if it wasn't for the tail lights I wouldn't hate the 2014-2015 Camaro love the nose tails really kill it though ... maybe someone will come up with a real nice after market tail and then ill upgrade my 2012 SS
Old 03-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #81
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDave View Post
I like the 2014 I'm starting to not like the 10-13 cuz of all these dumb ass comments. Didn't your mom every tell you that if you ant got nothing good to say about the 2014 camaro to just STFU! Lol
My Mom never used The word "ant " in anything ! lmao...
Old 03-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #82
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they usually stink.
That said, I had the choice between the 13ZL1 and the 14ZL1. Seeing them side by side convinced me that the 13's rear end was much more muscular looking and the version for me. The 14's rear diffuser looks cheap, almost like the plastic that was all over the early Avalanches. Just my take on it.

As far as the new nose on the 2014SS, I feel that it looks like the nose is hunched over like its tipping over. I prefer the 2013 SS nose.

Hey, I love my old Land Rover Defender, but most people think it was ugly as sin. To each their own. We are adults and shouldn't have our feelings hurt over opinions on cars. It's not like we are calling each other's wives ugly! :-)

BTW, I could trade my car for a 2014 if I wanted, so I'm not jealous. I specifically chose the 2013. I'm waiting for the Z06.

Last edited by BigBoyBlue; 03-21-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #83
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
I thought the 14 zl1's stayed exactly the same...
Old 03-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #84
corymac22

Drives: 2014 1SS with RS package
I personal like the exhaust on the 2014 over the 2010-2013. Not a big fan of the square tips on the 2010's and up. I don't like the standard SS 2014 taillights, But do like the RS packages on the SS, big difference on the taillights.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Closed Thread