Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-20-2023, 10:48 PM   #15
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
I have a Whipple Kit, and at time of installation added a BT Blower Cam, Springs/Retainers, Timing Chain, MSD BAP, full Borla exhaust, etc. Had it dyno tuned, went for a reliable tune @ 632 RWHP. Point here is you need to spend more $$ on parts other than just the blower kit to take advantage of the power it can produce.

1J's point on breaking parts is a valid one - best to upgrade the springs, retainers, timing chain, rockers, as these stock parts' durability are iffy under boost. And a Blower without a Blower Cam makes no sense to me.

Then as I learned, running a Blower and a big cam puts the Stock Fuel pump at the hairy limit of fuel starvation under boost, even with a BAP. Best to cut the hole in the floor and at least run a ZL1 HO pump. And the kit's 63 lb injectors are maxed out, and actually not up to the demand for more fuel.

So this summer I made some parts and Tune upgrades thanks to T. Jannetty. Added a 3.75" pully, ZL1 pump, 3 Bar MAP, his custom IAT, and Injector Dynamics ID1050X Injectors. And whent thru his intensive tuning process using a HP Tuner Interface and numerous Data Logs. The guy is a tuning pro, and I have had a number of them, some absolutely not in the same league as Ted. The end result was impressive and the immediate power under boost is incredible. Just check out his "Street Brawler" packages. That is how my car is built.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...olet-camaro-ss
I gotta say, I like the splitter, with the functioning adjustment rods…

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote