Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-02-2015, 12:14 PM   #113
321LATER
321LATER

Drives: 2019 White ZL1 (On Order)
Just curious what shops are you using for mods to your Camaro. It is hard to find a reputable and knowledgable mechanic that knows what they are doing.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:33 PM   #114
2013blkss

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2CGM View Post
Just curious what shops are you using for mods to your Camaro. It is hard to find a reputable and knowledgable mechanic that knows what they are doing.
Your right, that's why I do mine myself.

2013 Black 2SS/RS :
Go: M2W, BMR Trailing Arms & Bushings, CAI Intake/Scoop, Ported TB. Stainless Power Headers, RDP Tune
Show: 1LE Strut Tower Brace, ZL1 Spoiler, ACS Rockers & Splitter, Niche Misano Rims.
2013blkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #115
321LATER
321LATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013blkss View Post
Your right, that's why I do mine myself.
You are lucky. I am pretty good with my hands when it comes to construction and computers but not so good with mechanics.....
Old 04-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #116
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
I too have done all my own work. It helps that I have the tools and worked as a HD tech in a previous life. I'd be willing to give a hand if you need it. It's always a pleasure to work on nice stuff. You will get a lot of satisfaction doing things yourself and with a resource like Camaro5 and it's members you can't go wrong. Let the modding begin.

I'll be starting in on some stuff on my car as soon as the snow melts in front of the storage garage here. Got some "show" and "whoa" mods to help with the "go" mods from previous years.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:33 AM   #117
321LATER
321LATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
I too have done all my own work. It helps that I have the tools and worked as a HD tech in a previous life. I'd be willing to give a hand if you need it. It's always a pleasure to work on nice stuff. You will get a lot of satisfaction doing things yourself and with a resource like Camaro5 and it's members you can't go wrong. Let the modding begin.

I'll be starting in on some stuff on my car as soon as the snow melts in front of the storage garage here. Got some "show" and "whoa" mods to help with the "go" mods from previous years.
Cool. May take you up on the offer once I get my car put some miles on it. Good luck with your mods and keep us posted.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #118
2013blkss

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321LATER View Post
Hi Guys. Just waiting for my 2015 Summit White ZL1 to be built (TWP 03/30/15) and once I get it I would be happy to meet up with some of you in the area. I do live in Carleton Place but spend a lot of time in Kanata/Stittsville. Spring is just around the corner....
You get your car? Think I saw you this evening on McNeely. Car looks really good!

2013 Black 2SS/RS :
Go: M2W, BMR Trailing Arms & Bushings, CAI Intake/Scoop, Ported TB. Stainless Power Headers, RDP Tune
Show: 1LE Strut Tower Brace, ZL1 Spoiler, ACS Rockers & Splitter, Niche Misano Rims.
2013blkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #119
321LATER
321LATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013blkss View Post
You get your car? Think I saw you this evening on McNeely. Car looks really good!
Yes I got my car and I was on McNeely. This car is the beast and have been spending a lot of time taking friends for rides Still in the break-in period but pushing it a little to see what it can do.

Love this CAR....
Old 04-25-2015, 12:21 AM   #120
Juventus

Drives: Convertible White Camaro 2SS/RS 201
Hey guys, summer is almost here, (this cold doesn't wanna give up) lol
I was wondering if any one in or around Ottawa had their mufflers deleted (SS). I would love to hear the sound before I get it done, and what's the best shop to get it done? appreciate your help
Juventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:27 AM   #121
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Do not have an SS or muffler delete. However, last year had my Camaro exhaust system changed out at Wicked Garage. Only took 2 hours while I waited and very happy with their service and knowledge. This coming week taking my 1966 T-Bird conv. to Wicked Garage to pull together a list of tweaks I want done this summer.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:02 AM   #122
ripcard
INJACC

Hey guys, since we're on the subject of exhaust...I will have a used stainless cat-back system available very shortly. It's a Magnaflow Competition Series 3" (16483).

www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_16483

Love this exhaust. Lowest tone (frequency) of any of the cat-back systems out there. With stock manifolds it is only slightly louder than stock at low rpms but gets nice and raw as the revs come up. The only reason I'm selling is to accommodate a rear valence change. Even bought the Quad tip version of this system to replace it. Unfortunately you can't buy just the Quad tip mufflers so...

It will be removed from the car probably by next weekend as I'm just about ready to get started on my rear clip. The parts are back from the paint shop, so I'm motivated now.

It is complete and bolts up to a stock system right after the cats. Tips are perfect. Of course being a used system there will be some heat discolouration in the pipes and crossover which are generally unseen under the car.

$650 picked up.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:05 PM   #123
Juventus

Drives: Convertible White Camaro 2SS/RS 201
Thanks Abaucom21, I will definitely check them out.
(ripcard) I was wondering if it would fit a convert 2014. I checked the link and it's not one of the listed. Do you have any idea what extra modifications it might need? Thanks
Moe
Juventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:37 AM   #124
ripcard
INJACC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventus View Post
Thanks Abaucom21, I will definitely check them out.
(ripcard) I was wondering if it would fit a convert 2014. I checked the link and it's not one of the listed. Do you have any idea what extra modifications it might need? Thanks
Moe
PM sent.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:51 AM   #125
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Hey guys, since we're on the subject of exhaust...I will have a used stainless cat-back system available very shortly. It's a Magnaflow Competition Series 3" (16483).

www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_16483

Love this exhaust. Lowest tone (frequency) of any of the cat-back systems out there. With stock manifolds it is only slightly louder than stock at low rpms but gets nice and raw as the revs come up. The only reason I'm selling is to accommodate a rear valence change. Even bought the Quad tip version of this system to replace it. Unfortunately you can't buy just the Quad tip mufflers so...

It will be removed from the car probably by next weekend as I'm just about ready to get started on my rear clip. The parts are back from the paint shop, so I'm motivated now.

It is complete and bolts up to a stock system right after the cats. Tips are perfect. Of course being a used system there will be some heat discolouration in the pipes and crossover which are generally unseen under the car.

$650 picked up.
What are you doing to your car?
Old 04-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #126
ripcard
INJACC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
What are you doing to your car?
Some "show" and some "whoa" to go with the "go" from last year.

Completing the lower body treatment started two years ago. 1LE splitter and ZL1 rockers will be finished off with ZL1 rear valence. This requires a quad tip setup...thus the change in exhaust. Also have a TL1 hood insert from ACS to put on my Seibon hood.

The "whoa" involves mounting up a complete set of ZL1 brake callipers, rotors, braided lines and backing plates.

Going to get busy in the garage soon.