Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-05-2019, 10:58 PM   #15
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Raise the seating position, fix wacky interior ergonomics, extra hp for 1le.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:20 AM   #16
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Hybrid power
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:44 AM   #17
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Talk about wishing for unicorns to lead you to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I've tried for years to do just what the OP suggested, but it's invariably slammed as being either 'dated', or 'it looks like a... whatever older car they think it looks like. Comments like "the 80's or 90's have called and they want their style back" etc. make it really difficult to even explore new ideas.

People say they don't want retro anymore, but the moment you do something that isn't retro, they start complaining and suggesting you add...retro styling features. The Camaro crowd is ridiculously difficult to design for, because the image people have in their minds when they think Camaro is so heavily entrenched in the retro style, it's almost impossible to move them out of it.

I'd love to see a modern coupe that looks and feels more like a pony car rather than a pavement ripping muscle car. The enthusiasts want the pavement ripper however, but they're such a small segment of the market, it's not enough to keep the car alive it seems.

For the Camaro to survive, it has to appeal to a wider market; a much wider market. That's going to mean a friendlier vibe and look like the original had; less of the deadly, aggressive, intimidating look the enthusiast crowd wants. Not too long ago in this forum I tried all kinds of things trying to get away from retro; just didn't fly.

Good luck with your premise, but I'm afraid it's probably too late for it to make any difference for GM. They don't know what to do with the Camaro, and it seems they don't want to worry about it anymore. I'm going to watch this thread though, and see what any of you come up with as it's always interesting to follow these kinds of exercises. I may even try and come up with something again myself.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:36 AM   #18
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Another vote adding PHEV, hybrid, and full-electric options in 7 gen Camaro.

I don't really mind Camaro keeping retro look. I will like to see gen 7 gets like 3 gen and 4 gen fastback, large trunk.

Since C8 Corvette switches to mid-engine and having seen gen 6 useless rear seat, I think 7 gen Camaro should have big rear trunk.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:02 AM   #19
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
First off the Camaro design team must decide if is they are going to keep the 4 seat or 2 seat design. What we have now is a bastardized 4 seat that is not usable. My feeling is to go back to having a useable rear seat. With that, a lower belt line and possibly a hatch back would help with the visibility. You can't have a design with two seats, as that would compete with the Corvette. It must be muscular but, keep away from the common euro look. Smooth out the lines and keep out the angular straight body lines.
Lastly the consumer must be able to have more options to control their price.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:36 AM   #20
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
GM is not going to invest Billions of dollars trying to keep a car alive that's not selling. A redesign to sell less than 5000 cars a month is bad business decision.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:18 AM   #21
17Blk1LE

Drives: 2017 Black Camaro SS 1lE
Well GM did the investment for the Corvette. Read the stats on the Corvette.
17Blk1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #22
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
1. Ditch retro. It's long overdue for something new. The trick is to keep the lineage clear without becoming a previous generation.

2. lower belt line, better visibility, more practical back seat yet keep the weight down and the appearance aggressive.

3. Incorporate some kind of electric assist into the V8 trims to boost torque & efficiency. Get the SS's in a combined 500-550hp and the ZL1 variants upwards of 750.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #23
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Blk1LE View Post
The difference is that the Corvette is GM's halo car.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #24
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
I am not a designer and I thought the Gen 5 & especially 6 were the best Camaro's ever. But the one thing I know is going back to a retro design would be a mistake.....
+1
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #25
TheWiseWolf

Drives: Camaro
I think they should just drop the V8

I know that will make alot of hard core fans mad but its a feature that not many people care.

Replace it with a V6 hybrid kinda like the NSX.
TheWiseWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #26
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
GM is not going to invest Billions of dollars trying to keep a car alive that's not selling. A redesign to sell less than 5000 cars a month is bad business decision.
This. Couple that with the fact that a large number of the people on a forum that is dedicated to the car, bitch and complain about the current model like there's no tomorrow.....there's not an overwhelming amount of positivity with the car right now.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:16 PM   #27
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Blk1LE View Post
Starting price for the base Corvette is more than all but a loaded up ZL1. Way different business case. The Corvette was engineered and tooled for that volume and it will be wildly profitable At lower volumes than Camaro.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #28
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockCamaro View Post
Hello Everyone!

Recently "trusted" sources claim that GM will put the Camaro on ice after 2024-2025, but fortunately those are just rumors. I hope GM goes for a Gen 7 Camaro and in any-case if they do pull it off I sure hope it looks good, but for now we do not know. I really want a new Camaro and we all know GM and Chevy look into these forums for information on what we want, so I say let's give them what they want. This thread is made so that we the community can speculate and discuss what we would want in the next gen Camaro. I for one think it would be a great idea to not only discuss, but to also create, innovate and be creative by creating, drawing, concepts that everyone can observe and talk about, talking is one thing, but observing something tangible and realistic will be better in my opinion.

I am a college student currently studying towards a masters in Automotive Aerodynamics, I also have a bachelors in Art and have graduated Elementary Art School two times two years in a row. Apologies for the academic flex there, but I just wanted to give some back-round. Either way I alone could draw up a mock-up , but I think that will be a bad idea without first getting your opinions and hey if anyone else is a Artist and can draw then please feel free to collaborate with me, but you don't need to be a great artist to do this sort of stuff anyone can do it.

I am currently working on a mock-up now, and mine is a little bit crazy, but I think you guys might like it. It's a mid-engine all electric Camaro and the body is based off the ZL1. Anyway lets get this thread started! post your opinions and ideas!
I was going to read this whole thread but you lost me with “mid-engine all electric”! If that’s the case design a completely new 2+2 spot coupe all electric just don’t call it a Camaro!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote