Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #15
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
As long as sales are producing enough profit for the Camaro, they don't bother me.
So if there is so much extra profit built into the camaro people should be able to get quite a bit knocked off the window sticker then.

and looks like my local dealer is doing just that. Ranges anywhere from 2500-5K off the 2016s. Anyone looking for one should go check out Castle Chevy
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:42 AM   #16
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
So if there is so much extra profit built into the camaro people should be able to get quite a bit knocked off the window sticker then.
Not necessarily.. GM may just charge dealers more who also need to make a profit.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:47 AM   #17
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Posaune;9235609]
Anyway to get a breakdown on sales by model? Be interesting in seeing T4 sales ?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #18
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
As long as sales are producing enough profit for the Camaro, they don't bother me.
Yup, way too much bitching about this on here, especially without anyone having a clue about profit margins and targets and such. Plus, this platform is a global platform being used on multiple cars, unlike the Mustang, that also had multiple divisions involvement in R&D. So initial costs were lower then even what they had to do with the 5th gen.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #19
Wireeater

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Posaune;9235609]
Anyway to get a breakdown on sales by model? Be interesting in seeing T4 sales ?
It's not going to break down sales but it shows you the output of every GM model for the month and compared to last July.

https://www.gm.com/content/dam/gm/mo...-July-2016.pdf
Wireeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #20
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

and looks like my local dealer is doing just that. Ranges anywhere from 2500-5K off the 2016s. Anyone looking for one should go check out Castle Chevy
Hard to say, GM makes their money right off the bat. It's up to the dealers to see how much profit above and beyond they want to make...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #21
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Hard to say, GM makes their money right off the bat. It's up to the dealers to see how much profit above and beyond they want to make...
Just the thought that popped in my head is well trucks and SUVs basically print money for GM/Ford/Dodge. And people typically can get quite a bit knocked of MSRP and I know/always heard that is possible just because those vehicles have so much profit built into them.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #22
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Quote:
Posaune;9235609]
I've not seen a model specific breakdown yet for the 6th Gen. Probably won't until later in the year or early next year.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:01 AM   #23
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
I've said it before, it's not just about sales numbers when it comes to making the net profit you want...
It's not about units of product - it's about dollars.

Camaro's cost 10-20% more than mustangs - which helps make up for the lower unit sales.
irmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:04 AM   #24
aestil

Drives: White
If they are selling 60k + a year then the car is going to be fine.

But I'm sure the hand wringing and finger pointing will continue for another month as usual.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:07 AM   #25
Wireeater

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT PP
Quote:
Yup, way too much bitching about this on here, especially without anyone having a clue about profit margins and targets and such. Plus, this platform is a global platform being used on multiple cars, unlike the Mustang, that also had multiple divisions involvement in R&D. So initial costs were lower then even what they had to do with the 5th gen.
That's just not how it works... They build cars based off of previous sales. No business is trying to sell LESS volume than the previous years, they are trying to sell MORE, hence why they refresh designs, chassis, tech, etc. They aren't trying to keep loyal customers they already have, but have other people buy outside of their prefered brands. No business, especially one with shareholders is aiming to produce LESS units than a previous year. The whole, less but for more profit doesn't make any sense unless you can prove it with facts. GM's overall sales are coming from their SUV, trucks and economy vehicles. Everything else is in the negatives. The overall success speaks nothing for the sales of the Camaro. It just means they are generating enough profit through other sales of the business to raise the stock prices.
Wireeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #26
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
From now till the end of the year low gas prices will motivate people to buy more and more Pickups and SUV's. especially with Winter coming. Luxury cars and entry level cars will do good but anything in the middle will suffer. The millennial generation wants reliable and safe and cheep, could care less about stop light to stop light.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:14 AM   #27
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
If they are selling 60k + a year then the car is going to be fine.

But I'm sure the hand wringing and finger pointing will continue for another month as usual.
They are on pace to sell roughly 63k Camaros in 2016* however, the first four months of 2016 sales numbers are heavily skewed by leftover 5th Gens.
*figured by sales not being down more than 25% from last year on the remaining months.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #28
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
100% agree. In High School I could afford a brand new Camaro, now can't even afford one as an adult if I wanted the top of the line one. At least they don't cost as much as a brand new Tahoe, ouch!