Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-19-2018, 09:43 PM   #1
Bosun68
One El E

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE M6
Dealer incompetence

BLUF: After having your car at the dealer three times to fix the same paint issue what would you do? I plan on going in an asking for the service manager.

Background: I bought my ‘16 Camaro SS on Mothers Day weekend 2016...and had to get underway on Monday. Part of the deal I made with the dealership was to get tinted windows (a MUST in Texas). I dropped her off that Monday and when we tied the cutter up Friday afternoon I had the Chief drop me off at the dealership to pick her up. I walked up to the driver side and made a quick walk around as my salesman was strolling up grinning. I got around to the passenger quarter panel and right above the tire is a 4” dent running up. I stayed calm and asked the what/who/where/why. The salesman was cool and asked to get the floor manager who hemmed and hawed until I walked over. We agreed that THEY would take care of it.

So began my almost two year ongoing battle to get this thing fixed. Right.

I’ll shorten this up to say that Dent Wizard did the initial fix. However, it was returned to me with fisheyes and spots where the clear coat was sanded. I couldn’t believe it initially. They told me I had to wait at least 6 months before they attempted to fix that. Well, that took me into the end of 2016 and in the spring of 2017 I dropped it off again. I received it back basically in the same condition. I deployed out and didn’t get to address it again until February 2018. I dropped it off once again and picked it up after 20 days. It was filthy from sitting outside so I brought her home and cleaned her up. Same issue. If anything, it’s worse.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:35 PM   #2
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
So the dealer couldn't even get a 4" dent properly taken care of? How / why did Dent Wizard get involved? Were they employed by the dealer? I'm used to dealers having independent body shops they have agreements with. Why six months before another attempt? Must be more to the story.

Have you tried escalating this to Corporate?
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #3
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Hate to say this, but escalating to corporate will get you nowhere. It’s a shame, but the only thing after this much time would be to get a lawyer involved. It’s very obvious that their failed attempts at a proper repair to your satisfaction are out the window at this point. I say let them know that this will be your next step. That might motivate them enough to get a proper body shop involved.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:47 PM   #4
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
GM certified mechanic:

Old 03-20-2018, 12:40 AM   #5
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Small claims court.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #6
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
GM certified mechanic:

STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #7
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Incompetent dealer

After experiencing total incompetence from the dealer I purchased my car from I then found a gm performance dealer with an excellent service advisor and I haven't looked back. It's worth the extra drive time for me.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #8
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Team 6 View Post
After experiencing total incompetence from the dealer I purchased my car from I then found a gm performance dealer with an excellent service advisor and I haven't looked back. It's worth the extra drive time for me.
Same here. I have a dealership 10 mins away but drive 40 mins to a better one.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #9
Bosun68
One El E

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE M6
I'll know by the end of this week if this gets escalated or not. The Service Manager was apologetic and promised to make everything right....just give him a chance he asked. No problem. What's another week at this rate anyway.

And, I believe that this will be the last time to take it to this particular dealership. I'll take the advice of those posting above and move my business across the bridge to another Chevy dealer.

Fingers crossed that it comes back fixed. Thanks for letting me rant!!!