#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-26-2018, 09:17 AM   #57
RonatVengeance

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessey Performance View Post
LOL Josh would come running back if we offered him $50 more than you guys are paying him now. Sorry but that won't happen as we have a shop full of talented MEN who dont go running for greener grass every 6 months.

Wow... of all the comments in this post you choose to make snide comments about one of my MEN who left your company over a year and a half ago? Josh left for his own reasons which have been stated in this post several times. Funny thing I also have all of the screen shots showing John asking repeatedly for Josh to come back to HPE.... The same reasons Gearhead Flicks relocated from Texas to Georgia to work for a reputable shop after turning down numerous offers from HPE.

I have much greater respect for my staff than your company seems to and I would never make comments like you have regarding the people who support our company.

While we are chatting, will Hennessey be participating in the upcoming WannaGOFAST 1/2 mile April 14-15 in TEXAS? If so maybe we could enjoy some friendly competition. We can bring one of our VR1100 6th Gen ZL1s to pair up with your mighty Exorcist and give the crowd something to cheer for? What do you say?
RonatVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:04 AM   #58
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonatVengeance View Post
I am not sure why Vengeance Racing was brought into this nor am I sure why an EIGHT YEAR OLD POST was included in an attempt to make us appear to as you say" have lots of problems"... The ONE post you can find on social media that every detail was refuted in??? If you take the time to read the actual link you posted it is evident we went WELL above and beyond issues caused by the customer, not workmanship or manufacturer issues.

We take EXTREME pride in making sure our clients are 110% satisfied with their experience and on the rare occasion they are not we do what it takes to make them happy.
Ron

Thanks for your post. I did not bring Vengeance in on this post, another person did. My ORIGINAL point was people were slamming Hennessey when they have never met the man or brought their car to him and I have: all over some cool video of a ZL1 going 217 MPH. Sorry if I pointed out anything at all towards Vengeance in a bad light. That was not my intent. My intent was any place of business has their bad reviews and you cannot judge someone(good or bad) on hearsay. I would say take note of what was said and it might be valid, but there are a lot of "whiners" over little stuff like I read about Vengeance and I did see where you wrote and refuted topics and that you went far and beyond helping the misguided soul that slammed you.

But for the young group on here to say that they don't trust someone (not trusting you too), I think is wrong when they don't even know them.

What I have been reading about Vengeance for a long time now and the 1047 hp Camaro is freaking awesome. I love my ZL1. I "assume" by hearsay and of course the "proof" of your work that it is great.

Sincerely,
unavailableZL1

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic

Last edited by unavailablezl1; 02-26-2018 at 03:18 PM.
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:06 AM   #59
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonatVengeance View Post
Wow... of all the comments in this post you choose to make snide comments about one of my MEN who left your company over a year and a half ago? Josh left for his own reasons which have been stated in this post several times. Funny thing I also have all of the screen shots showing John asking repeatedly for Josh to come back to HPE.... The same reasons Gearhead Flicks relocated from Texas to Georgia to work for a reputable shop after turning down numerous offers from HPE.

I have much greater respect for my staff than your company seems to and I would never make comments like you have regarding the people who support our company.

While we are chatting, will Hennessey be participating in the upcoming WannaGOFAST 1/2 mile April 14-15 in TEXAS? If so maybe we could enjoy some friendly competition. We can bring one of our VR1100 6th Gen ZL1s to pair up with your mighty Exorcist and give the crowd something to cheer for? What do you say?
I would love to see that !!!

Past Rides
Old 02-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #60
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
I would love to see that !!!
John doesn't have to show up to prove it. He can get the State of Texas to shut down highways to do 200 mph runs on our freeways and make videos about it (no other company in this country has that pull), or he can go to the Continental test track and spend the day out there when nobody else can.

I think alot of people miss the point. While the............"bashing Hennessey" posts stay on the net, he continues to pump out vehicles. It just gets old reading about it once one of his new videos hits the mainstream.

He put out a video showing 217. Shots fired. I'd recommend another shop go out there and PROVE to beat it instead of talking about it. That's competition.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:27 AM   #61
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
Ron

Thanks for your post. I did not bring Vengence in on this post, another person did. My ORIGINAL point was people were slamming Hennessey when they have never met the man or brought their car to him and I have: all over some cool video of a ZL1 going 217 MPH. Sorry if I pointed out anything at all towards Vengence in a bad light. That was not my intent. My intent was any place of business has their bad reviews and you cannot judge someone(good or bad) on hearsay. I would say take note of what was said and it might be valid, but there are a lot of "whiners" over little stuff like I read about Vengence and I did see where you wrote and refuted topics and that you went far and beyond helping the misguided soul that slammed you.

But for the young group on here to say that they don't trust someone (not trusting you too), I think is wrong when they don't even know them.

What I have been reading about Vengence for a long time now and the 1047 hp Camaro is freaking awesome. I love my ZL1. I "assume" by hearsay and of course the "proof" of your work that it is great.

Sincerely,
unavailableZL1
One of the guys on here was considering HPE for upgrades, and some of these posts have steered him away from there, and THAT is worth it. Guys here may not know each other, but everyone gives good advice and recommendations. NOONE wants to see someone get ripped off. As for the video, yes, its cool. We know John CAN make a car go fast, but as his executives have mentioned on the record, the VIPs will get a good product, the average Joe is likely to get screwed over. The shady practices about HPE are WELL DOCUMENTED. It's not just one or two disgruntled customers, we are talking years, and years, and years. That is woven into the fabric of that shop. Read what the journalist wrote after their investigation. When I was building my CTS-V, I initially considered HPE, and the guys at CTSVowners.com steered me to a more reputable shop after giving some of their personal stories about their experience with HPE. D3 Cadillac is a similar, shady company, with shady business practices, and even though they are in SoCal, most of us steer clear of there. These forums are not only designed to help each other, but also, to help keep people from getting shafted!
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:53 AM   #62
aka Reckless

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
John doesn't have to show up to prove it. He can get the State of Texas to shut down highways to do 200 mph runs on our freeways and make videos about it (no other company in this country has that pull), or he can go to the Continental test track and spend the day out there when nobody else can.

I think alot of people miss the point. While the............"bashing Hennessey" posts stay on the net, he continues to pump out vehicles. It just gets old reading about it once one of his new videos hits the mainstream.

He put out a video showing 217. Shots fired. I'd recommend another shop go out there and PROVE to beat it instead of talking about it. That's competition.
PULL? Anyone can PULL this off with some money. It's just marketing. It is a write off for HPE as a business expense. You think the state of Texas gives a crap about them? They charge him the same as anyone else.

He won't bring an Exorcist to the race because his cars don't race. They just make commercials.
aka Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:06 PM   #63
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
One of the guys on here was considering HPE for upgrades, and some of these posts have steered him away from there, and THAT is worth it. Guys here may not know each other, but everyone gives good advice and recommendations. NOONE wants to see someone get ripped off. As for the video, yes, its cool. We know John CAN make a car go fast, but as his executives have mentioned on the record, the VIPs will get a good product, the average Joe is likely to get screwed over. The shady practices about HPE are WELL DOCUMENTED. It's not just one or two disgruntled customers, we are talking years, and years, and years. That is woven into the fabric of that shop. Read what the journalist wrote after their investigation. When I was building my CTS-V, I initially considered HPE, and the guys at CTSVowners.com steered me to a more reputable shop after giving some of their personal stories about their experience with HPE. D3 Cadillac is a similar, shady company, with shady business practices, and even though they are in SoCal, most of us steer clear of there. These forums are not only designed to help each other, but also, to help keep people from getting shafted!
I understand

Past Rides
Old 02-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #64
unavailablezl1

So we will see who is the fastest. Yenko seems to have it all, maybe.

http://www.superchevy.com/news/speci...-yenko-camaro/

Past Rides

Last edited by unavailablezl1; 02-26-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #65
unavailablezl1

Maybe Weapon-X is no good because of someone saying they are terrible. Even though they have a 1000+ HP Camaro.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...torsports.html

Past Rides
Old 02-26-2018, 12:57 PM   #66
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Personally, as an on looker of this thread since the 2nd page, I think the dealings between both shops have fully spoken for themselves. That's all there really is to say. Threatening you could take a former employee back with a $50 increase and revealing names when they clearly were masked for privacy reasons? Really classy John.

There's nothing to take away from Hennessy's size and customers. There's no need to state the obvious. HPE is going to suck up every single customer that hasn't been on the Camaro, Corvette, and CTS-V forums. People who have never done research and only saw the videos or articles and didn't care about the cost. That's frankly how most businesses are. Customers come just because they're there when they drove by, or just because they heard the name somewhere. As a business owner, I can attest to the fact that places with horrid reputations once you get past the first layer, still can out sell, out gross, and out produce places with a smaller operation but stellar reputation.

Vengeance's posts speak entirely for themselves. The only thing that was pulled up that was negative in this thread on VR was linked to Ron's response which FULLY cancelled out and disproved the things that their customer experienced. Turns out, that customer broke his car repeatedly and Vengeance went above and beyond several times and when they didn't give him the free job the last time around, he decided to back stab. I've never heard a bad thing about Vengeance's customer service and I can state first hand that their customer service is second to none in the industry they're in. Vengeance is a truly professional operation. Their staff, service, and performance is proven.

Hennessy is a big shop with a big name. They get the first cars, they get rented highways, and they get all the magazines that the gray-hair-in-denim-shorts read and then patronize. It's business first after all.

OP, I realize you probably were offended by the push back against Hennessy. The video is cool and there's no doubt most shops can get a car to go fast, but a lot less could rent a highway or a testing center and get an actual run like that.

As for the VR vs HPE, that would be awesome to see but let's face it, it will never happen and if I was HPE I wouldn't do it either. There's virtually no benefit for HPE to do so, even if HPE did come out on top.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #67
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Old 02-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #68
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
Thank you all for the kind compliments.
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:28 PM   #69
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Reckless View Post
PULL? Anyone can PULL this off with some money. It's just marketing. It is a write off for HPE as a business expense. You think the state of Texas gives a crap about them? They charge him the same as anyone else.

He won't bring an Exorcist to the race because his cars don't race. They just make commercials.
If anyone can pull this off why don't you? Talking is so easy, anyone with a mouth can do it. Just curious what kind of business do you operate, from the way your talking you must be an excellent entrepreneur. Please do tell us more my friend. Don't bother replying unless you intend on telling us what exactly you do, that qualifies you to judge Hennesey.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #70
Mma6483

Drives: 2017 Zl1
I really would like to see that race happen as well!!! Too bad it never will. Hennessey won’t even post 1/4 times for the exorcist. Which seems kind of odd to me. I don’t doubt it’s a 1,000 hp. You’d just think with a car like that they’d want to show what it does at the track. I’m sure vengeance would humiliate the exorcist.
Mma6483 is offline   Reply With Quote