Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #29
tuckermaclain

Drives: 2016 Cadillac ATS-V coupe
The Super Snake is little more than a concept car. By that I mean the availability will be a little bit better than the availability of a concept car. You can go to any big city Chevy Dealer and buy a Z28 or ZL1 today. Try that with a GT350. Only certain dealers (Shelby Authorized) are allowed to handle those rare things. The Super Snake will be even more rare. Just consider it a concept car, a pipe dream, whatever. Probably as easy to find a used NASCAR ride to buy. That's why the GT350, GT500 suck. They are just unobtainable Halo cars that exist on the internet. What good is that gonna do for an enthusiast when the only guy who can get his hands on it is Jay Leno?

Additionally, having been down the "take your car to a really reputable speed shop and spend almost as much as the new car itself to make it breathe fire" road, I can tell you that it is a million times better to buy something fast from the factory. It's WAY more reliable. Check engine lights don't pop up randomly, and it is under warranty. The warranty thing bears repeating. I would rather have the 2017 ZL1 with a warranty and a garage in my city than any 1,000 HP aftermarket deal with no warranty, with the only shop than can fix it being in New Jersey.
tuckermaclain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:57 AM   #30
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
A good automotive forum rule of thumb is the side that's outclassed is the one talking about aftermarket upgrades to compete.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #31
888GT#31

Drives: 2008 G8 GT Liquid Red :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
People who say that never owned an import vehicle. Talk about a small market. Not to mention that the OEM support Chevy AND Ford has for their vehicles is absolutely mind blowing, oh and how CHEAP it is compared to imports both aftermarket AND Oem. Hell, just the wheels alone. OEM Forged BBS 18's cost 780 EACH. The 56V low gloss back 20's cost 520 each... That is just WHEELS ALONE. SS wing is 350 (painted), Evo GSR wing without being painted is 490 bucks.

Diablo tuner is 350, Accessport is 400 USED. 500 new.

I can name more than 15 LEGIT companies that support both ford and chevy aftermarket parts... And this is my very first "domestic" American muscle car. I can only tell you 3 legit import aftermarket supporters and I have owned imports over 8 years.
Absolutely true. I've completely replaced the valvetrain and AFM hardware of my G8's 6.0L engine. Cam, timing set tune.... Went from dog 6k RPM redline to 6.8k screamer. So much can be done even with my low production import. All thanks to the GM smallblock. Now my friends 2008 Lexus ISF.... very very limited. Lexus will not release codes to tune. Tune is everything! He's stuck with just full exhaust and intake.
888GT#31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #32
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
It is true that Mustang owners will have to do some upgrades to match the Camaro
Modding to match the competition has always been a part of my performance car ownership tactic. Unfortunately, wins against bone stock opponents is somewhat soured since modding is akin to cheating...lol.

When I had a 2008 Mustang Bullitt, as unique as the car was, it could not be modded within reasonable cost to compete. I traded it for a 5th gen Camaro 1SS after I got beat in my Stang by a relatively stock Chevy Cobalt SS...at a public drag strip...how embarrassing!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #33
pdoherty972

Drives: 2013 370Z sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
as for the second, I think the Camaro aftermarket is pretty large. The mustangs is larger I believe but is that the new measure for how good a car is?
Even more ridiculously the GT guys want to brag about their sales figures, as if Ford selling more Mustangs is any measure of success for the GT. Who cares how many they (or GM) sell? How does that help you as an individual consumer of the vehicle? To hear them tell the tale they're happier with their slower and poorer-handling cars because Ford sells more of them than GM sells Camaros.
pdoherty972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
Even more ridiculously the GT guys want to brag about their sales figures, as if Ford selling more Mustangs is any measure of success for the GT. Who cares how many they (or GM) sell? How does that help you as an individual consumer of the vehicle? To hear them tell the tale they're happier with their slower and poorer-handling cars because Ford sells more of them than GM sells Camaros.
Generally speaking, sales are a very good objective measure of how well the 'total package' of a car is put together. Features, specs, performance, price, styling, etc. The car that balances those things best usually sells more. Thats why for nearly 5 years in a row, Camaro fans brought up the fact that they were outselling the Mustang. Because when it came time to put the money down, most people agreed that the Camaro was a better buy than the Mustang.

How do sales help consumers -besides indicating that your car is better overall? The more people there are driving the same car as you, the more likely there is to be aftermarket support and/or the range of products will be greater. You'll be more likely to find how to fix that annoying little problem that sometimes pops up. More spare parts in junkyard 5, 10, 25 years down the road. More cars make it easier for the OEM to spot recall issues. And it makes it more likely that your local service shop actually has experience working on your type of car. The importance of these things will vary person to person, but don't pretend like there isn't any advantage to having more cars like yours on the road.

That said, there is a bit of a caveat on the Mustang sales: it is new, while the Camaro is old & production is currently changing over between 5th and 6th generations. Once the 6th gen production is fully up to speed in a couple months, I wouldn't be surprised it to consistently outsell the Mustang for quite a while. Again.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote