Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-17-2023, 09:42 PM   #1
DannyC

Drives: 17 Camaro SS
Question Fuel Pump Control Module?

Anyone had any problems with their fuel pump control module? I am hearing something in the back of my 2017 Camaro SS and I can't figure what it is. It sometimes sounds like a rattle can paint can when you shake it.

I have had random codes pointing to the fuel pump and the controller, but it's usually when the engine is not up to normal running temp.

My throttle body is going bad and it "thembles" like open and closes even though I am holding the peddle steady. It's a long story but the motor on the Soler throttle body is not strong enough and the super charger actually sucks it close partially. So it's opening and closing slightly just enough to feel the car surging.

But now with the noise in the rear, under the car and codes showing errors in fuel pressure and throttle body control module I'm wondering if it's going bad.
Flow Tech axle back, Roto-Fab, Nick Williams 103, AEM Wide Band, Defrost vent pod, billet catch can, BBK long tube headers and NGK LTR6GP, #90198, one step colder, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance water/methanol injection. (Also tune myself w/HPTuners)
DannyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 11:37 PM   #2
BeauRichardson

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyC View Post
Anyone had any problems with their fuel pump control module? I am hearing something in the back of my 2017 Camaro SS and I can't figure what it is. It sometimes sounds like a rattle can paint can when you shake it.

I have had random codes pointing to the fuel pump and the controller, but it's usually when the engine is not up to normal running temp.

My throttle body is going bad and it "thembles" like open and closes even though I am holding the peddle steady. It's a long story but the motor on the Soler throttle body is not strong enough and the super charger actually sucks it close partially. So it's opening and closing slightly just enough to feel the car surging.

But now with the noise in the rear, under the car and codes showing errors in fuel pressure and throttle body control module I'm wondering if it's going bad.

What are the codes? Any fuel system upgrades? At what point does it make the sound? At idle? or while driving or WOT?
BeauRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 09:19 PM   #3
DannyC

Drives: 17 Camaro SS
Well I usually run a half tank or less to keep the weight down. It makes the sound all the time but I only notice it at idle since the exhaust is a little loud.

Since I put 3/4 of a tank it seems like the noise is less.
Flow Tech axle back, Roto-Fab, Nick Williams 103, AEM Wide Band, Defrost vent pod, billet catch can, BBK long tube headers and NGK LTR6GP, #90198, one step colder, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance water/methanol injection. (Also tune myself w/HPTuners)
DannyC is offline   Reply With Quote