Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-11-2015, 10:08 PM   #155
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Read the last 3 pages of this thread, So at what point did it go Full Retard?
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:24 AM   #156
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
On second thought, tail lights do stink. Come on GM, this is the 21st century. Use LEDs the way God intended them to be.
Attached Images

RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:32 AM   #157
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
On second thought, tail lights do stink. Come on GM, this is the 21st century. Use LEDs the way God intended them to be.
Change it to stop A-hole and I'm sold.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:08 AM   #158

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Change it to stop A-hole and I'm sold.
Connect it to MyLink on the dash....driver could text in helpful wording in a banner/news crawler also, such as...."Attempting lane change, please let me in. Thanks"....
or "Please stop tailgating", etc....(and you could choose from several languages)....You can never have enough helpful technology that adds to highway safety....

90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #159
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Connect it to MyLink on the dash....driver could text in helpful wording in a banner/news crawler also, such as...."Attempting lane change, please let me in. Thanks"....
or "Please stop tailgating", etc....(and you could choose from several languages)....You can never have enough helpful technology that adds to highway safety....

Talk about being distracted.... Can you imagine all new cars being like that and trying to read all the messages!!!
Old 06-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #160
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

My idea is a tri colored light system. Green when you are on the gas or cruise control, yellow when you are off the gas more than a couple seconds, and red when you apply the brakes.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Talk about being distracted.... Can you imagine all new cars being like that and trying to read all the messages!!!
Rather than a distraction, it would be an attention getter that keeps your eyes on the road, especially on the car in front of you...No worse than a glorified bumper sticker or license plate frame...lol
Old 06-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #162

Quote:
My idea is a tri colored light system. Green when you are on the gas or cruise control, yellow when you are off the gas more than a couple seconds, and red when you apply the brakes.
Excellent ideal also...The possibilities with LEDs is enormous....
Old 06-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #163
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Rather than a distraction, it would be an attention getter that keeps your eyes on the road, especially on the car in front of you...
No your eyes would be focused in the message, not the road or what is happening... Like when a TV has the closed captioning turned on, it's hard to read it and also watch what's happening on the screen.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #164
motorhead

Quote:
Not trying to argue, but why would that be helpful in any way? Also it would be like a disco floor driving down the highway. Talk about distracting.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #165
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Not trying to argue, but why would that be helpful in any way? Also it would be like a disco floor driving down the highway. Talk about distracting.
So you know when someone's slowing down but not using the brakes, or sitting there without touching the brakes, and when the person in front of you is accelerating. You could even have brightness tied in to how hard the pedal is being pressed, so you know if someone in front of you is slamming on their brakes or barely touching them. Highway driving wouldn't be that bad, as you'd see mostly green lights. In stop and go traffic you'd see the most lights, and be given the most information. They could use multi-colored LEDs for one set of lights, so it's not like you'd have a set of red, green, and yellow goofy looking lights on the rear. Just some thoughts.

I recognize that you can know all of this by just paying attention to the cars around you, and I don't doubt that everyone on here does, in fact, pay attention to traffic around them, but clearly, with blind spot / cross traffic monitoring systems and the like becoming more common, people like it when the car pays attention so they don't have to. Include a front camera to detect color / brightness of the lights of the car in front of you and there you go.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:16 PM   #166
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
So you know when someone's slowing down but not using the brakes, or sitting there without touching the brakes, and when the person in front of you is accelerating. You could even have brightness tied in to how hard the pedal is being pressed, so you know if someone in front of you is slamming on their brakes or barely touching them. Highway driving wouldn't be that bad, as you'd see mostly green lights. In stop and go traffic you'd see the most lights, and be given the most information. They could use multi-colored LEDs for one set of lights, so it's not like you'd have a set of red, green, and yellow goofy looking lights on the rear. Just some thoughts.

I recognize that you can know all of this by just paying attention to the cars around you, and I don't doubt that everyone on here does, in fact, pay attention to traffic around them, but clearly, with blind spot / cross traffic monitoring systems and the like becoming more common, people like it when the car pays attention so they don't have to. Include a front camera to detect color / brightness of the lights of the car in front of you and there you go.
If someone is in front of me, the only thing I care about is if they are reducing speed and/or turning. We already have the needed equipment for that. I see no reason to know if they are on the gas or off the gas. I can tell that relative to my own speed which is all that really matters.

Last edited by motorhead; 12-09-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #167
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
ENOUGH.......:bel lyroll: I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE.
You'll be back for more discussion
Old 06-12-2015, 03:34 PM   #168
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
So if a couple of lights go out, you have to buy the whole assembly? Let me guess, dealer item only