Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
More content please.

Seriously, the motorsports section on C5 always has been on the thin side. I love racing and talking about it. Are current Camaro guys less interested in racing? Is that why there's never enough Camaros at track days? It's times like these I wish I had bought a Camaro. I'd be out there representing!!! And discussing in depth any and all races I could find here.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
Wait I thought Camaros came with cones when you bought them.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:56 AM   #3
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
I unfortunately have found the 5th Gen Camaro community is much more into Internet racing and bragging than actual racing.

People seem pretty into it in the 4th Gen/ F Body community.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:17 AM   #4
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Lot of guys in my area do race their Camaros, but are not members on this forum. I think you see the people on this forum more into drag racing and show. Maybe 1% into racing on a track and just don't post that much. Myself, would love to get into road course/racing (I do more drag now). But time and funds are more of a challenge. I can't even blame the wife, as she would love to get into racing too, she loves some speed.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #5
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
There's also a Road Course/Track Autocross forum under 'Technical Camaro Topics' where you might find more discussion from members who actually do this.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:05 PM   #6
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011shelby View Post
Wait I thought Camaros came with cones when you bought them.
Shows what thought does for you.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #7
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Lot of guys in my area do race their Camaros, but are not members on this forum. I think you see the people on this forum more into drag racing and show. Maybe 1% into racing on a track and just don't post that much. Myself, would love to get into road course/racing (I do more drag now). But time and funds are more of a challenge. I can't even blame the wife, as she would love to get into racing too, she loves some speed.

That's a great wife!

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 07-28-2015, 09:34 PM   #8
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
There's also a Road Course/Track Autocross forum under 'Technical Camaro Topics' where you might find more discussion from members who actually do this.

Ah, thanks!

Old 07-30-2015, 06:34 PM   #9
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Yea, if you want to read about HPDE and amateur/club racing, then the Road Course/Track/Autocross forum is the place to go. If you'd like to discuss the racing series that Camaros are in, feel free! The only two series that I know have a Camaro is the Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge and the Pirelli World Challenge. I watch the Continental series and love that they post the whole race on Youtube after it airs on TV. They also stream the race live on IMSA.com.

There was some awesome racing at the last Continental race at Lime Rock Park last weekend. I also have respect for the Multimatic Mustang team for building a new car from the ground up in less than 2 weeks after one of their two cars got totaled at Mosport.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote