Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
10BlkSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Replacing front bumper

I have a very minor vertical crease (depending on how the light is hitting it) right in the middle of my front bumper, it would be completely covered if the plate was mounted. I thought I could ignore it but it still bothers me as the entire car is perfect with this exception and the plate look is worse IMO. So, since the goal here is perfect, would it make any sense to try having a shop repair the plastic and repaint or would replacing it with a new one be the only real solution, and what am I looking at, $1,500 for a crease? I almost wish there was a giant hole in the bumper to justify it.

Maxima SE (Traded)
Camaro SS
Hummer H3
10BlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
A little filler, some sanding, and a respray should be good. Doubt it would cost that much.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Cangt77

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS Manual
I just bought a new front bumper because mine had the front plate holes in it. $274 unpainted and not sure how much more it is to paint so I think 1500 is way over.
Cangt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
FRSTR90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS, 1973 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangt77 View Post
I just bought a new front bumper because mine had the front plate holes in it. $274 unpainted and not sure how much more it is to paint so I think 1500 is way over.
$275 unpainted? That's a deal! Usually they are about $430 unpainted.. I replaced my front bumper as I had ran over a blown tire tread that was laying in the middle of the road late one night. It basically tore the lower air dam (black rubber) piece off which tore off the corner tab. Basically, I couldn't mount new one back on. Drove me nuts and it was a good excuse to get rid of the front plate. Cost was $1350. High, but I took it to the best shop in town.
FRSTR90 is offline   Reply With Quote