Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #155
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Working on the mounting posts. I think I'm going with only two posts instead of three like I originally had in the rendering. The wing is pretty strong and will hold up in the middle no problem, plus I think it looks better with two. I'll have some pics up towards the end of the week after it is painted
Ok -- does that make us folk with factory spoilers have to break out the body filler and crayons?? :(
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #156
lcrngrs

Drives: 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
Ok -- does that make us folk with factory spoilers have to break out the body filler and crayons?? :(
Good question. Same concern I have. Having to fill holes is a major deal breaker for me.
lcrngrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #157
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrngrs View Post
Good question. Same concern I have. Having to fill holes is a major deal breaker for me.
I had a chat with a body shop yesterday. To fill (tig weld the holes) make good and paint -- over $400!!
I posted to the members section anyone willing to swap lids! i had one guy out of Texas, but shipping will be $80+ each way....may have to pass on that
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #158
DarkDragonAn

Drives: 2010 Blk Camaro 2SS/RS Pkge
Hey Guy I got an email back from classic design concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Angel,

It looks like we'll be able to start selling the Firebreather spoiler again
shortly, so keep checking the website weekly for updates.

Thank you!

Reon D'Andrea
Classic Design Concepts
28266 Beck Rd.
Wixom, Mi 48393
ph - 866-624-7997 xt 227
fx - 866-624-7987
[url
www.classicdesignconcepts.com[/url].
Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #159
joefresh22

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Crystal Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDragonAn View Post
Hey Guy I got an email back from classic design concept.
possibly get a group buy going on this ?
joefresh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #160
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
I will wait for the Rideskinz spoiler as it is a little smaller and lighter...and cheaper.
You have to deal with the holes in the trunk lid either way. Get the Rideskinz, save some money for the lid fix.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #161
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
I had a chat with a body shop yesterday. To fill (tig weld the holes) make good and paint -- over $400!!
I posted to the members section anyone willing to swap lids! i had one guy out of Texas, but shipping will be $80+ each way....may have to pass on that
Thats crazyness...why do you need it welded? have them bondo and spot paint it, should be nowhere near that price....heck for that price you can get one of the after market trunks ....

I was planning on getting the VIS carbon fiber trunk anyways, assuming this is offered in carbon fiber that is

Last edited by Rhyder; 11-27-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #162
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
So this spoiler is no longer going to use all the factory mounting holes?
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #163
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
I'm a little too lazy to look for it but if I remember correctly I believe Rideskinz said the new spoiler was going to use the factory mounting holes. So I don't think there's any need to worry!
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #164
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.u.el View Post
I'm a little too lazy to look for it but if I remember correctly I believe Rideskinz said the new spoiler was going to use the factory mounting holes. So I don't think there's any need to worry!
see post 153 -- they are going with 2 posts. The factory uses four mounts (total of 6 holes albeit 2 pairs are very close together, so if they are def running with 2 posts, factory spoilers wont line up --

RIDESKINZ please chime in, we are all speculating on this

Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #165
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Exactly what markmass said. If you take a look at the rendering below, you'll see that the posts line up with the 2nd hole from the outside corner of the trunk. The center post was deleted because it wasn't necessary, it didn't line up with any holes anyway. So basically the two outer and the two inner holes will need to be plugged. Its not real necessary to weld the holes shut and go through the whole process of repainting the trunk. I think it would look fine if you got a plastic plug with a flat top that covered the hole, then paint the top of the plug body color. The holes are not real noticeable under the wing. As soon as the prototype is done, I'll be sure to get pics of the holes in the trunk under the wing so you guys can judge for yourself.

Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #166
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
Quote:
Exactly what markmass said. If you take a look at the rendering below, you'll see that the posts line up with the 2nd hole from the outside corner of the trunk. The center post was deleted because it wasn't necessary, it didn't line up with any holes anyway. So basically the two outer and the two inner holes will need to be plugged. Its not real necessary to weld the holes shut and go through the whole process of repainting the trunk. I think it would look fine if you got a plastic plug with a flat top that covered the hole, then paint the top of the plug body color. The holes are not real noticeable under the wing. As soon as the prototype is done, I'll be sure to get pics of the holes in the trunk under the wing so you guys can judge for yourself.

if thts the case where can we get these plugs and will u provide them alrdy painted in body color?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #167
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
if thts the case where can we get these plugs and will u provide them alrdy painted in body color?
You can probably get the hole plugs at your local Home Depot or other hardware store. If not there, either Grainger or McMaster Carr will have them. I'll try to locate them and I'll let you know what I find.
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #168
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
Quote:
You can probably get the hole plugs at your local Home Depot or other hardware store. If not there, either Grainger or McMaster Carr will have them. I'll try to locate them and I'll let you know what I find.
ok coo thnx

Tags
dovetail spoiler, roof, spoiler, trunk, wing