Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #71
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTOKED View Post
I'm in the process of the water leak repair and I have faith in GM fixing it eventually but not my dealer right now. It's been there two days and the jack wagons haven't even called me yet. Not too concerned since I'm having a urethane floor put in my garage and I needed the storage. But how can you not call to update a customer with a brand new $40K car? I won't totally judge Doyle Chevrolet in Webster, NY until this is over but overall....

I love my car and look forward to the day when I don't have to worry about water.

I have a college friend that I believe was or is a quality engineer/manager at the Camaro plant. I'm working it to get the scoop. No guarantee's. I'm sure they are told to keep their mouths shut with issues like this.

Sorry to hear SStoked.
get on the phone with your dealer.Find out if they have even started on it.
I have received daily calls since I took mine in 2 days ago.Last update I had on mine, is they have apparently located the source of the leak and are having the parts they need couriered in overnight.Parts should be here today and they will continue with the fix.
They will also be replacing the rubber gasket seal around the trunk and adding some sort of clip to the wire harness, as the wire harness is chaffing the gasket.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #72
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post
Ah, I really do love this question. I'm glad you asked it. If you look at the OP's passive agressive first post;

You can see in the parts that I highlighted that the OP had a hidden message to get across. He apparently thinks that those of us who have problems should just suck it up and call it normal. And if we don't like it, then get lost and buy a coupe.
Finally putting this to rest. I had no hidden message in my original statement so if you feel that way I apologize. Having my top put on next week dealer just called yesterday saying they have the redesigned top for me. I was stuck without my camaro for over two weeks and GM did everything in their power to make me happy. I can only speak from me experience with verts and believe that GM is doing their best at least with me to solve the issue. From rental cars to other added goodies I have been very satified with GM and my dealer. I also have been seeing that it depends on your dealer the more motivated the dealer is the better the results from GM tend to be. My dealer has done about 99% of the leg work to get my problem resolved. The last thing I wanted was to think I had hidden messages in my post just speaking my mind. I just believe screaming and yelling will end up slowing the process down. Because in my experience the louder you scream and bitch the farther down you fall on the list. Hope I cleared the air.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #73
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
Just trying to take a poll because all I hear are people who hate this car. I have been in the same boat with top(without car for two weeks). But GM and my dealer are doing all they can to fix the problem. I give them both a lot of credit for how easy the whole process has been at least with me. Besides that this is a dream car and a convertible none the less. Wrinkles are going to appear, lines may show if you guys didnt want this then they also make the camaro in a hard top. I love droping the top and cruising but with that added feature you deal with the wrinkles and rub marks all tops have them. GM has realized their top wears in spots more and are fixing the issue. I love this car no matter what. Just my two cents.
I have not heard this one time about this car! Maybe you have been on a different forum... Now GM customer service, well...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #74
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
So true Tram. I have never heard one person complain about their Camaro Convertible. It is such a beautiful car with the top down. Now, bad dealerships, GM customer service, and quality issues with the tops is a totally different story. With my old car I had better service from returning a $3 item to Walmart than trying to get info on my 40 thousand dollar car from GM or the dealership.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #75
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
This is why I started with this post to finally start talking this car up man. Every other post is about this vert is horror stories just wanted a little positive post. The post has strayed from the orginal purpose, trying to make nice with everyone. Can only talk about my experience with my vert and my previous vert's.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #76
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
Finally putting this to rest. I had no hidden message in my original statement so if you feel that way I apologize. Having my top put on next week dealer just called yesterday saying they have the redesigned top for me. I was stuck without my camaro for over two weeks and GM did everything in their power to make me happy. I can only speak from me experience with verts and believe that GM is doing their best at least with me to solve the issue. From rental cars to other added goodies I have been very satified with GM and my dealer. I also have been seeing that it depends on your dealer the more motivated the dealer is the better the results from GM tend to be. My dealer has done about 99% of the leg work to get my problem resolved. The last thing I wanted was to think I had hidden messages in my post just speaking my mind. I just believe screaming and yelling will end up slowing the process down. Because in my experience the louder you scream and bitch the farther down you fall on the list. Hope I cleared the air.
Don't worry about it Fishface, other people will always read whatever they want into someone elses comments.

I for one understood what you were trying to say I think, yes there are issues with the tops, noone is denying that, and GM seems to be working on the issues.

Has GM solved everyones issues as quickly as we would have hoped, not by a long shot.

But..... there are still many of us that are enjoying the heck out of these cars. I know I am.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #77
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkcfm95 View Post
took my vert in for the top recall. they found a different broken piece in the top mechanism & ordered new fabric. took them 2 weeks to get the parts & install. had my car back 2 days & the sides of the top by the back corners came off. now they're ordering more parts & new fabric. thinking of trading it in for a coupe. the warranty may cover these repairs now, but what about in 5 or 10 years? I'm not paying thousands of dollars for a manufacturer defect.
I am sorry for any inconveniences that you have been experiencing with this issue. If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership, I may be able to set up a case to contact your dealership for more information. From there, we can see if there are any options available to you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #78
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
I had my top replaced last year due to the minor rub marks, and I've been loving it since the day I bought it.

The ONLY reason I'would get rid of it (and I am) is to trade it in for a ZL1 Vert.

18k miles and LOVING it.
That is awesome! We definitely appreciate the feedback. What sparks your interest in the ZL1? Please let us know.

Brandon
Old 06-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #79
tramtwo

The spam on this is site is getting ridiculous...
Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #80
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
If you would like, I can look into the concern you are having a little bit further. I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership. Also send me all of the details you have concerning the top and what your dealership has already addressed. I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
Dude? Really? Do you not follow up with any of your posts? (i.e. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...63#post5025563 ) Do you not see what/where people are at with their processes? Or are you just intent on inciting more vitriolic comments by baiting people?

PM sent to stop this tomfoolery.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #81
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post
Dude? Really? Do you not follow up with any of your posts? (i.e. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...63#post5025563 ) Do you not see what/where people are at with their processes? Or are you just intent on inciting more vitriolic comments by baiting people?

PM sent to stop this tomfoolery.
Now there is a word you don't read everyday...
Old 06-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #82
totgate

Drives: 2012 Eurospec Convertible Manual
Fishface, thanks for trying but there is no end to the bitterness that some people seems to have. They probably wont stop wrecking this place until everybody else is just as unhappy and bitter as they are. And why shouting at the guy from Chevrolet. I think people in here should be happy about that GM actually cares enough to let some of their employees spend time in here.

/Tobbe
totgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #83
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by totgate View Post
Fishface, thanks for trying but there is no end to the bitterness that some people seems to have. They probably wont stop wrecking this place until everybody else is just as unhappy and bitter as they are. And why shouting at the guy from Chevrolet. I think people in here should be happy about that GM actually cares enough to let some of their employees spend time in here.

If GM really cared, they would issue a recall on the verts and solve the problem once and for all instead of the band aid fixes they have been doing.
The bean counters are in control and will only authorize one repair at a time instead of doing complete top replacements.

When I called GM Canada for assistance as to recommendation for a dealer with convertible top experience when my 5th bow broke, they told me "can't help you".

I love my vert, but am getting frustrated as my vert has been to the dealer twice in the last 7 weeks(when it came out of winter storage)
Once for a broken bow and now its in again because of flooding in the passenger rear floor area.It is a bit annoying as I have to drive a minimum of 2 hours round trip.Last time it took me closer to 2 1/2 hours round trip.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #84
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
I am one of those folks that suffered through the ACadia issues. My car went in for five separate attempts to fix the leaking/draining sunroof issues. Couldn't lemon it because we bought it used. Imagine the disgust we had when our 2011 Camaro had all those issues. That is part of the reason I fought so hard for the buy back. I have lost a lot of faith, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertf65 View Post
This is scary stuff you folks are going through with these expensive verts.

But it reminds me of GM's rich history of leaving customers to work out the company's engineering defects in the field after purchase. Just go to a GMC Acadia forum and read about all the problems with the leaking sunroofs on those vehicles.

Back in 1982, I bought a brand new Trans Am that amongst other problems, had a faulty cruise control system. I found this out one day on the Ventura Fwy when, after engaging the system, it began accelerating my car towards 100 mph -- no amount of braking or turning the system off had any effect and the car continued to accelerate. I finally had to jam the transmission into neutral and turn the engine off to get the system to disengage.

It took no fewer than 6 return trips the dealer, including several scary rides with techs trying duplicate the problem, and promise after promise that the CC had been fixed (only to have the uncontrolled acceleration problem return), before GM and Pontiac admitted the problem and that they had no technical fix for it. They disconnected my CC system for over a year before I got a letter asking me to bring the car in to have it restored. That car also went through two transmissions and several lock-up tourqe converters in a very short space of time. I found out later that GM had used the POS transmission from the Monza in the new TA's.

The only way to get forward progress with these problems, was to be an absolutely screaming bastard with the service managers and zone office people. One time, after a particularly loud week of angry exchanges between myself and the service manager, they called to tell me my 2nd transmission had been installed and the car was ready to go. I picked it up and got about 5 miles away on Sunset Blvd, when the drive shaft fell completely off the car at 45 MPH. This was late on a Friday afternoon and the dealer initially refused to do anything until the following Monday -- until I threatened to have the CHP take the car and conduct a willful tampering investigation. The dealer sent a tow truck out, took it back to the shop, pulled a drive shaft off a new car on their lot and installed it. We didn't get outta there until after 9pm. I've always felt the tech purposely mis-installed that drive shaft because I was such a PITA about the issues with that car.

No lemon-law back in those days, so I was screwed. When the warranty expired I sold the POS.

You folks with the vert issues -- I feel your pain. Stick to your guns until GM makes it right or gives you a new car. But watch your backs...