Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-27-2015, 07:26 PM   #57
hkittrell

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
So I meet this guy at my shop, talking about car stuff, etc. Turns out he is a Police officer. I do a show on YouTube called Turlock Undercover, so he checks a couple episodes out out and he comments on my license plate. No Radar. Probably two or three months ago when this happened. Today, I'm in another town about twenty miles away and an unmarked Crown Vic pulls in behind me at a gas store, rolls down his window, in full uniform, and says he remembered my plates. I told him I thought for a second I had done something wrong, and he says, that's the whole idea. LOL. Kinda wished I had been messing around. Might of given me a warning.
hkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:16 AM   #58
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Slick View Post
Wow?!?!?! I sure hope there's a good story to go along with this comment.

Cops are people; some are good at their jobs and some suck. There's always bad ones just like there are bad lawyers, bad teacher, bad doctors, bad clergy members, and bad whatever it is you do for a living.

If a fine for speeding, running a red signal or careless driving was only 5 dollars, I wouldn't feel safe driving out there. Would you? Who would obey the law?

Next time your car is stolen, or your house is broken into, or heaven forbid something terrible happens to a loved one... don't you dare call one of those lying, money grabbing cops!!!

That's just my 2 cents with 24+ years in law enforcement.

I bet you solve a lot of crime in good ol Detriot. How many crimes are actually stopped while in commission by LE vs left to investigate or unsolved? You didn't legitimize anything with your post and sound like another cop in this thread that needs their ego stroked.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:40 AM   #59
mbhnjj

Drives: ford
So was this cop a good one or a bad one? You were going over the limit (albeit not enough to matter) and you are implying that your tint is not legal. I'd say this was one of the "good" ones.
mbhnjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:35 AM   #60
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Wish I had the time or energy to write the 3 pages it would take to address all the BS in this thread. In all my years in LE I never knew a single cop, including myself, who had a problem admitting a mistaken car stop. You just admit what the problem was, apologize, tell them they're free to go and to drive safely etc. You come across as a human being who makes mistakes like them and you build a bit of goodwill and respect.

I've said it before, it's too easy to do the job right. You miss a speeder, just wait, another will come along in a minute. You don't need to do questionable things because doing it the right way is just as easy.

You guys making the generalizations that all cops are bad, untrustworthy, and hide behind a badge to empty wallets or just out there waiting to screw you personally. I have to ask, how many of you applied to be cops and couldn't do it? Couldn't even pass the written test? Got washed out on the polygraph? Failed the psych exam? I'm guessing quite a few but I know you'll just lie or not admit the truth on a forum like this. It would be interesting to know the truth.

For those putting down cops and their job, I invite you to walk a mile in my boots! Walk up on a car where someone grabs a gun; walk up on a guy who tries to rip your own gun from your holster; walk up on a traffic accident where you cannot even tell how many bodies are in the car; walk up on a suicide - shotgun in the mouth! Try it sometime and see if afterwards you have the energy to go look for that one guy in a red camaro who might be speeding.

There's a lot of young studs on here who love fast driving and adrenalin. I seriously encourage you to go apply at your local PD. Salary for LE is good right now. Most departments are in panic hiring mode which is good for some of you with questionable IQs and backgrounds. Six months of work in the academy, and you could be out on the streets driving fast (legally). You could stop every speeder and let them go with a warning so you aren't one of those badge heavy a$$hole cops you hate so much. Just cite Mustangs if you want. It's your show to run however you wish. Go live it. WHY NOT?
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #61
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlem View Post
Wish I had the time or energy to write the 3 pages it would take to address all the BS in this thread. In all my years in LE I never knew a single cop, including myself, who had a problem admitting a mistaken car stop. You just admit what the problem was, apologize, tell them they're free to go and to drive safely etc. You come across as a human being who makes mistakes like them and you build a bit of goodwill and respect.

I've said it before, it's too easy to do the job right. You miss a speeder, just wait, another will come along in a minute. You don't need to do questionable things because doing it the right way is just as easy.

You guys making the generalizations that all cops are bad, untrustworthy, and hide behind a badge to empty wallets or just out there waiting to screw you personally. I have to ask, how many of you applied to be cops and couldn't do it? Couldn't even pass the written test? Got washed out on the polygraph? Failed the psych exam? I'm guessing quite a few but I know you'll just lie or not admit the truth on a forum like this. It would be interesting to know the truth.

For those putting down cops and their job, I invite you to walk a mile in my boots! Walk up on a car where someone grabs a gun; walk up on a guy who tries to rip your own gun from your holster; walk up on a traffic accident where you cannot even tell how many bodies are in the car; walk up on a suicide - shotgun in the mouth! Try it sometime and see if afterwards you have the energy to go look for that one guy in a red camaro who might be speeding.

There's a lot of young studs on here who love fast driving and adrenalin. I seriously encourage you to go apply at your local PD. Salary for LE is good right now. Most departments are in panic hiring mode which is good for some of you with questionable IQs and backgrounds. Six months of work in the academy, and you could be out on the streets driving fast (legally). You could stop every speeder and let them go with a warning so you aren't one of those badge heavy a$$hole cops you hate so much. Just cite Mustangs if you want. It's your show to run however you wish. Go live it. WHY NOT?

Or just go for a ride along. Anyone can do it as long as you pass an NCIC check.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:53 AM   #62
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
People will just hate and be a$$es to anyone and anything because they to are a$$es. This useless thread can on and on until no end, topics like this get a lot of in a frenzy, Camaro owners or not. But hey it's a forum people can say anything behind a screen.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:10 AM   #63
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Some people will just hate and be a$$es to anyone and anything because they to are a$$es. This useless thread can on and on until no end, topics like this get a lot of in a frenzy, Camaro owners or not. But hey it's a forum people can say anything behind a screen.
Fixed it for you.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:11 AM   #64
J-Crazy Camaro

Drives: Red V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Short answers like "nope" and "yup" and overall way you tell the story. Ive been a cop 28 years....know a smartass when I see/hear one. Not saying you are/were.....but it sure sounded that way.

Just to clarify, does that mean im supposed to give you as much information as possible which you could possibly use against me? and not to be a jerk but I do think most people in authority think that a lot of people are being a smartass. that being said I try to be respectful and even the cops with mustaches and aviators tend to be real cool people haha
Old 10-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #65
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhnjj View Post
So was this cop a good one or a bad one? You were going over the limit (albeit not enough to matter) and you are implying that your tint is not legal. I'd say this was one of the "good" ones.

dont stop reading a post half way through. You will see that i was actually going UNDER the speed limit by 1 mph.
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:29 AM   #66
kmarshall2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Or just go for a ride along. Anyone can do it as long as you pass an NCIC check.
quoted on wrong post - see below...
Old 10-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #67
kmarshall2121

Quote:

first off, that is, if you are referring to me: I do not disrespect the law. I have many friends, including my retired father that are / where police officers. as well, as my son who is a fire fighter, and served our country. What I am getting at was the fact the officer could not and would not admit his wrong doing, therefore, I was a bit agitated, as well as many others would be. As far as you not meeting any cop that wouldn't admit their mistake, well, you apparently haven't met this guy.

Second, thank you for your service to the public, and keeping us safe. Need more level headed and public oriented officers out there. God speed.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:38 AM   #68
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:

At first, I was kind of sympathizing with your post. I know a lot of cops and ex cops. They're GREAT people. Some of the best in fact. My particular story was about two cops in a small town...A rookie who was a moron, and his "momma bear" sgt. The ticket was BS and he even wrote it up under a completely wrong statute. The court will throw it out. It's the hassle I'm annoyed at...And the fact the kid wouldn't come past my b-pillar to talk to me. In some respects, I feel like he was bating me to step out of my car without permission...That sounds ridiculous, but you should have seen the angle I had to bend my head just to get a little glance at him.

Second, I COMPLETELY stopped sympathizing with you your third paragraph. You try to make yourself out as a good guy and all of your buddies are good guys, then you COMPLETELY BECOME A SELF RIGHTEOUS ASS. Do you even realize it? Probably not...But it would be good if you could admit your own mistake...As you're wont to do apparently?

No, I'm not a cop. No, I never had any desire to be a cop. Instead I joined the military. Yeah I know...I know...Not nearly as tough guy and awesome as being a cop...How dare I prefer to serve my country while learning a skill and earning money for college? God forbid I not want to be exactly the same thing day in and day out for the rest of my life...

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:46 AM   #69
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Here s my problem with your "alleged" story. To start: if you talked to me that way..I would find a way to ticket you. You demand my supervisor over a traffic stop...you'll prolly wait an hour and still get a ticket. People tend to stretch the truth with their "I got pulled over stories."
A person who cooperates with me and is not a smartass.....will usually drive off with a warning or nothing at all. Remember folks, driving is a privilege, not a right.
Of all the posts in this thread IMO this is the most significant and hints to what the OP might have encountered.
I don't think Avenging realizes how horribly that comes off. Isn't that the same as saying "I'm not afraid to abuse my power?" And this is just if he THINKS the person is being a smartass. What would he do to someone that actually questions his actions/authority if/when he did make a mistake as all humans do!?!?!?!?!?!!? WOW!
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #70
todd69gs

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red 1LE 2SS
Had a response to some if the posts here but....
todd69gs is offline   Reply With Quote