#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Final Verdict Need your input on Damages

Attached Images

Last edited by formoutofchaos; 03-14-2017 at 02:37 PM.
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #2
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
I learned a long time ago that I do not like any of these applied sealants on the interior or the exterior. I just use good ole elbow grease and a microfiber towel to clean my cars interiors and exteriors. And I never leave the windows down while parked. All that dust and grime gets into the cracks and crevices of the interior and is a pain to try and clean out.

The concept of these types of sealants or protectants is for all the right reasons, but in the end I feel they work against you because it makes it harder for you to correct something later when the protectant fails to prevent what you thought it would prevent. So for me just standard interior cleaners, and good ole wax for the exterior and regular washing. I know it's probably more work than some magic sealant that claims I'll never have to wash my car again but I don't think I've ever seen a true magic sealant so I'll stick with the tried and true.

Sorry to see you are having this difficulty with your new car. It does suck.

I'm curious why you were so quick to get rid of the Factory NPP exhaust though. Plenty of people love how that sounds and it's controllable from the touch screen. I'm just not sure what there is to gain performance wise over the factory NPP. Maybe a different sound/tone but I highly doubt any real performance gain was had.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:39 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
I learned a long time ago that I do not like any of these applied sealants on the interior or the exterior. I just use good ole elbow grease and a microfiber towel to clean my cars interiors and exteriors. And I never leave the windows down while parked. All that dust and grime gets into the cracks and crevices of the interior and is a pain to try and clean out.

The concept of these types of sealants or protectants is for all the right reasons, but in the end I feel they work against you because it makes it harder for you to correct something later when the protectant fails to prevent what you thought it would prevent. So for me just standard interior cleaners, and good ole wax for the exterior and regular washing. I know it's probably more work than some magic sealant that claims I'll never have to wash my car again but I don't think I've ever seen a true magic sealant so I'll stick with the tried and true.

I'm curious why you were so quick to get rid of the Factory NPP exhaust though. Plenty of people love how that sounds and it's controllable from the touch screen. I'm just not sure what there is to gain performance wise over the factory NPP. Maybe a different sound/tone but I highly doubt any real performance gain was had.
Forget "magic" but there is new tech out there.....Your message is correct, however you're going to the extreme. There are plenty of products that are halfway between a coating that needs to be polished off if applied wrong, and a wax. Wax is dead. It only lasts 3 to 4 months whereas Polymer lasts longer goes on far easier. A polymer sealant csn be washed off with Dawn liquid. Look at some stuff like black fire Crystal seal or ultima paint guard. Wipe them on, and walk away, no buffing. Nothing can be easier and still just as effective.

Watch:
http://youtu.be/q3u4x3oLtBU
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
Seems like a "my ash tray is full time to sell it" situation. Welcome to owning and modding a car, shit happens and then you fix it or live with it.
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #5
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Interior damage: Have you consulted an attorney yet?
Exhaust: Thats a relatively cheap fix.
HVAC issue: Warranty will take care of it.

Youre just which is understandable. These issues are not that bad compared to some people that had whole engines replaced with less than a 1000 miles or still fighting dealers/GM months later. Your car is structurally and mechanically good. Get your AC fixed and talk to a lawyer (some do free consults). Good luck
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #6
formoutofchaos

No attorneys seem to want to deal with it not enough money, called 10 still waiting on call backs .

Exhaust is the second time and they are blaming burkas manufacturers gonna try for a third

Ac belt broke and damaged compressor getting fixed
Old 02-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #7
formoutofchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post

I felt like the exhaust just wasn't strong enough I love the exhaust if borla it completes the car
Old 02-28-2017, 02:02 PM   #8
ClaunchOfficial

Drives: 2024 SS 1LE
How much do you want for your car ???
ClaunchOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #9
formoutofchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaunchOfficial View Post
How much do you want for your car ???
well I'm contemplating wether or not I want to FIX, sell, or trade in for the same 1le, or go back to the corvette or maybe even zl1. The car has ceramic coating on exterior 2200 , and clear bra 1200, front and rockers and borla for 2500. fluids changed to royal purple they are going to fix the hanging exhaust friday! If your interested PM me I'm on the fence ... honestly I'm just very OCD with even a swirl mark or tiny molecular smears but the added stuff should offset that cost i think 99% of humans wouldn't notice the interior.

PM me lets talk
Old 02-28-2017, 04:30 PM   #10
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
$1, Bob.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:47 PM   #11
formoutofchaos

so i requested the business's insurance for my damage and was received a GO F........ your self text. I guess I have to have the police get the ins info! I can't find a lawyer to take the case but I have 4 shops agree things have to be replaced and can't be cleaned , i have texts admitting to damage from corporate and the company. I gonna go for interior damage , and diminished value ..... sigghhhh

Last edited by formoutofchaos; 03-01-2017 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:48 PM   #12
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
seems like you went into chaos with this car
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:33 AM   #13
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
English please?
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:27 AM   #14
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by maraging View Post
English please?
His punctuation isn't great but is completely understandable, no need to be a jerk

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote