Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #43
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Turbo4 AWD and a couple fart cans.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #44
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
if they had awd and LT4 it would be a 10 second car all day long on any surface.

I would love it it if you could control the bias.

I am not 100% I would buy it but having the traction issues I have at only 585whp I can't say I would be annoyed about being able to just hook up. I mean I can big brother a GTR from a roll but from a dig I am jealous.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:25 PM   #45
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
I'm not sure what traditions you're trying to protect are you saying we should go back to 3 speed autos, 4 barrel carbs maybe drop the electronic ignition and go back to points. Or are you talking about going back to steering by wire, no ABS, drop the heated seats and steering wheel. No digital climate control. A lever and a guess on how hot or cold it was in the car, that's all my generation needed.
Yeah... that's what I'd like to see again. You forgot the 3-speed (three on the tree) manual column shift. That should be 6th Gen option. (hope you can detect sarcasm in the written word).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
Look I'm not trying to be a jerk...
Ooooo, too bad... 'cause you were well on your way there.

I thought this part of my statement kind of covered it: "...maintaining certain traditions - specifically, that the Camaro remain a two-door, RWD, sports/pony/muscle car".
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:27 PM   #46
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
You think adding AWD capability to the 6th gen wouldn't cause an increase in weight?
Oh I absolutely do - I'm agreeing with you.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 05-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #47
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
AWD camaro on the drag strip would be amazing
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #48
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
LOL @ this thread.
As mentioned, that website is not GM, and if it was, they wouldn't be polling the full and random internet to base a decision on, especially a super major one such as this.

I can say with confidence that there will not be a factory AWD Camaro in the foreseeable future.

Personally, I would LOVE a well engineered (performance-based) AWD Camaro with an LT1 or a V6 (then add turbo). I would trade my C7 for one, then mod the hell out of it. I'll take it in Hyper Blue, please.
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #49
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Actually, no I didn't so thanks for letting me know. Doesn't matter to me though as I'm pretty sure such polls and comments have "the ear" of GM marketing gurus.
Only to some extent. Most of that stuff is conducted through GM-initiated focus groups. There's only been a handful of times GM has actually listened to the Internet, killing the Vue-ick back in 2010ish and allowing blue on the Camaro SS.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #50
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
No thank you.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #51
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Yeah... that's what I'd like to see again. You forgot the 3-speed (three on the tree) manual column shift. That should be 6th Gen option. (hope you can detect sarcasm in the written word).

I thought this part of my statement kind of covered it: "...maintaining certain traditions - specifically, that the Camaro remain a two-door, RWD, sports/pony/muscle car".
Yes I know good sarcasm when I see it, and as soon as I do I will let you know. (see that's sarcasm.) ;-)

Personally, I wish they would bring back the crank starter. Anyone can row gears, it takes a roid man to hand crank an LS1.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #52
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
LOL @ this thread.
As mentioned, that website is not GM, and if it was, they wouldn't be polling the full and random internet to base a decision on, especially a super major one such as this.

I can say with confidence that there will not be a factory AWD Camaro in the foreseeable future.

Personally, I would LOVE a well engineered (performance-based) AWD Camaro with an LT1 or a V6 (then add turbo). I would trade my C7 for one, then mod the hell out of it. I'll take it in Hyper Blue, please.
Hey... I saw the article, complete with poll and area to leave comments. I was not aware that "GM Authority" is no longer associate with General Motors - sure sounds like it is.

Anyway, forgive my ignorance please. The only thing even more ignorant is that GM would even consider building an AWD Camaro. My apologies to all participants if you feel I have wasted your time.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #53
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Hey... I saw the article, complete with poll and area to leave comments. I was not aware that "GM Authority" is no longer associate with General Motors - sure sounds like it is.

Anyway, forgive my ignorance please. The only thing even more ignorant is that GM would even consider building an AWD Camaro. My apologies to all participants if you feel I have wasted your time.
Hey don't sweat the haters. Some people have nothing better to do than sit behind a keyboard and criticize something.

The number of pages that this thread has grown to in such a short time is indicative that yes, there ARE a lot of people reading and commenting.

That much activity is not relative to wasting someone's time, whether you support the AWD concept (which I do with certain qualifiers) or not.

It's still a free country.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #54
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
No hating going on here.
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #55
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizley View Post
As long as it's not full time awd. If it's switchable then I say bring it on.Would make it fun to drive in the snow
AWD is full time (think Subarus, etc.)......do you want a 4 wheel drive Camaro? maybe some super swampers on it too?
Old 05-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #56
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
AWD is full time (think Subarus, etc.)......do you want a 4 wheel drive Camaro? maybe some super swampers on it too?
4x4 Camaro?
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote