Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #15
ichriscamaro
BlueDiamond

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE RRM
1. Go to court
2. Talk to the prosecutor
3. knock down at least 2 points if not 4(additional feel is required)
4. Take online defensive driving and knock down remaining 2 points (if prosecutor didn't agree to erase all 4) -This is optional if you want
5. Expect minimal increase in insurance(if you do 1 through 4 and you have remaining points as specified in 3)
6. Feel good that you didn't have to take the entire hit (full 4 points, insurance increase, record for at least 3 years)
Good luck!
ichriscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #16
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post

blast.. guess i'll take a look at the court date and see what can be done... the rates are already ridiculous where i'm going, and i can't let it get any higher..
if it's your first ticket, and your young, most judges will give you the option of taking a defensive driving class and or some community service in exchange for throwing out the ticket. in that case, it will be like it never happened.

Quote:
i thought about that.. but with the situation i don't see how anything here will hurt me. it's not like i'm admitting fault for an accident or anything...
they don't search message boards. the pull your driving record and sometimes check your name and SSN against fraud databases that are out there.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #17
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
yesssssss

Did some more research and found this...

Quote:
State of Florida Policy for Electing Traffic School

Florida Statute 626.9541(1)(o) 12 States: "No insurer shall impose or request an additional premium, cancel a policy, or issue a non renewal notice on any insurance policy or contract because of any traffic infraction when adjudication of guilt is withheld and no points have been accessed pursuant to s.318.14(9) and (10). However, this subparagraph does not apply to traffic infractions involving accidents in which the insurer has incurred a loss due to the fault of the insured."
http://www.dmvflorida.org/speeding-ticket.shtml

score!
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #18
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
geez, not even worth a ticket
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Attached Images

batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #20
RonnieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichriscamaro View Post
1. Go to court
2. Talk to the prosecutor
3. knock down at least 2 points if not 4(additional feel is required)
4. Take online defensive driving and knock down remaining 2 points (if prosecutor didn't agree to erase all 4) -This is optional if you want
5. Expect minimal increase in insurance(if you do 1 through 4 and you have remaining points as specified in 3)
6. Feel good that you didn't have to take the entire hit (full 4 points, insurance increase, record for at least 3 years)
Good luck!
I've gotten 2 other tickets in the past.. speeding

I've always went to court to get them reduced, but the part that always got me is, how to talk to the prosecutor beforehand. On my first trip I noticed that several people did just that.. prosecutor would say "we discussed this... blah blah.. and we've decided to go with this instead"

Second trip I go a bit earlier but she is too busy then court is in session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
if it's your first ticket, and your young, most judges will give you the option of taking a defensive driving class and or some community service in exchange for throwing out the ticket. in that case, it will be like it never happened.

they don't search message boards. the pull your driving record and sometimes check your name and SSN against fraud databases that are out there.
yeah.. I wouldn't think that the companies would pay someone to scour car forums...

thanks for the input... I think i'll just pay it and skip the trip after finding that information in my earlier post.. if I wasn't moving and had more time on my hands i'd probably do just that..
Old 09-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #21
cd3neil19

Drives: '10 2SS/RS & '14 Range Rover Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
my last ticket I was going 96 in a 65. $450 fine, 6 hours of defensive driving, and 90 hours of community service. pretty harsh. But it was my second superspeeder in a 12 month period.

Only gotten 2 tickets.
Wow, in Illinois you would have spent 6 months in jail as well for going 30MPH over.

Silver 2010 L99 SS/RS
Mods: Magnaflow Competition Series Exhaust, 20% Window Tint, Blacked out LED tail lights, OEM Color matched mudflaps.
cd3neil19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #22
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
haha... yep.

I had let my dad drive the 2LT back in February. In July my whole fam came down for a visit and I drove my dad to go see and old friend. He looked down at the shifter and said, "why is reverse on this side now?" (the reverse gear is on the right as opposed to the 2LT having it on the left)

The awkward silence was broken after my sister busted out laughing (she knew about the switch). It was cool though... turned out to be perfect timing.. he couldn't really get too upset about it since he was going to see his old friend.

Cool part is he didn't tell my mom while they were down here.. that would've been an earful.. Even cooler was when she did find out and he told her to just save it. His words were, "He really loves the thing, and it's his own money, so just leave him"
aww that's a nice story. Always nice to have understanding family. It's funny that your dad noticed that, from everything that was different. Did he not realize the SS on the seats or steering wheel? Or the suede steering wheel?
Old 09-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #23
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
When I broke the news to my mother that I had gotten a ticket for racing a charger, her reply was, "Well at least you won, didn't you? That would have been so cool to see!"
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #24
RonnieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
aww that's a nice story. Always nice to have understanding family. It's funny that your dad noticed that, from everything that was different. Did he not realize the SS on the seats or steering wheel? Or the suede steering wheel?
I had told him that I changed a bunch of things since he last saw it.. the wrap, rims, tint, and fuse pull among other things.. he mustve overlooked the SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
When I broke the news to my mother that I had gotten a ticket for racing a charger, her reply was, "Well at least you won, didn't you? That would have been so cool to see!"
lol... that's cool of her.. I hear those racing tickets are a pain
Old 09-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #25
Gone to the bowtie side
Former Ford man

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 1SS, NPP.
Quote:
Did some more research and found this...

http://www.dmvflorida.org/speeding-ticket.shtml

score!
But......

They can take away any discounts that you have for "safe driver" , "preferred driver" ,etc, thus de facto increasing your rates.
2000 - 08 Sep 09
3300 - TPW 28 Sep 09
3400 - 28 Sep 09
3800 - VIN 2G1FT1EW9A9153318
5000 - 21 Oct 09
6000 - 22 Oct 09
traded in for 2016 Camaro
Gone to the bowtie side is offline   Reply With Quote