Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #29
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Well it could be worse.

They could have charged you for a 2LT too.

Nice car and congratulations!
Thank you. And yes you are right. It could have been worse.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #30

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
OK thanks everyone. Yes also no heads up display, so it does indeed look like a 1LT. Yes so not as great a deal as I had thought. But its cool. The trade in I got for the Hummer was worth it in and of itself. I could have probably gotten 16K to 17K tops for that Hummer, so trading it in at 15 was worth it for me.

Yes that dealer and the salesguy were pretty over the top bad, I found out after I got home, that the supposed oil change I got, did not happen, total lie on that I know.

But its no biggie. I am happy with the deal in any event. I really wanted black and a low mileage 1LT or 2LT, so getting the 1LT is fine. I really liked the spoiler too, so that's another reason.

Now looking back, other than the leather seats, I think I would rather have the 1LT because I would rather have the extra storage space where the 4 gauges go. So its all good. ALthough obviously would NOT recommend that dealer to anyone, since they are obvious liers.

And yes it is in top notch condition, not a scratch on it.

Thanks again for all the advice and help!
Yeah, I wouldn't lose any sleep over anything....You were able to see the car before you bought it and liked the features it had, so all good.

Just because it's not the 2LT doesn't mean you got screwed. It's still a great car that you're happy with...so, Congratulations.

Other thing, not an excuse, but Chevy dealerships aren't much better informed either a lot of times....So from a Kia place, I would expect they would be even worse...No matter, that sort of thing will probably get more and more common on lots as time goes on...

I would just make sure your insurance gets the correct info...Might save you some money...But if you gave them the vin, they probably know already...

...Good luck, enjoy the car!
90503 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #31
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Yes I did some research, but not extensive. Its not that big of a deal, I would have bought this car no matter, the only thing is I probably would have tried to get it down to about 23 or 24, although I did ask for 24, and he said that is what they had in it. But who knows, I'm sure that was a lie too.

I had figured that it was either a 1LT or 2LT due to the wheels, but other than that, i wasn't sure. I had actually done more research on the 2013, which are a little different, so that is why I was a little more clueless with the 2012 version. The 2013 have the rear camera display in a larger video screen in the middle. The 2012s don't have the larger screen I do not think at all, but not 100% sure on that.
As long as you enjoy the car that is all that matters.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #32
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Yes, great car, enjoy! Don't beat yourself up over what you paid, and never ask after the fact!!!! When I did customer service as an intern for GM, we got more calls from people who were PO'd over hearing they "Overpaid" after talking to people who paid much less...

My car was $44850 and I got it for $40k cash with GM credit card and other incentives like buying off dlr stock and Memorial Day weekend sale. I stated this when I first got it, May 2012 and some guy instantly chimes in "You got ripped off, I got the same exact car for $32,000...." Whatever.

Enjoy and welcome aboard!
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #33
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Definitely a 1LT sorry bro but still a nice car

Seriously Sinning - "Veronica"
Commandment 11 - Thou shall not travel slowly.
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #34
TheAviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't lose any sleep over anything....You were able to see the car before you bought it and liked the features it had, so all good.

Just because it's not the 2LT doesn't mean you got screwed. It's still a great car that you're happy with...so, Congratulations.

Other thing, not an excuse, but Chevy dealerships aren't much better informed either a lot of times....So from a Kia place, I would expect they would be even worse...No matter, that sort of thing will probably get more and more common on lots as time goes on...

I would just make sure your insurance gets the correct info...Might save you some money...But if you gave them the vin, they probably know already...

...Good luck, enjoy the car!
Yes the primary reason I jumped on it was that rear spoiler, I really liked and had not seen one at all with that. I figured it would go within days, so I went ahead and jumped on it without any further research. I knew it was at least a 1LT so that was really all I was concerned with.

Also the fact that they gave me such a good trade in value on my Hummer was the deciding factor in and of itself. See it had about 81K miles on the Hummer. Those are actually good cars, but I had done NOTHING to it other than standard oil and filter changes and I changed the air filter a few times. Other than that NOTHING, it no doubt needed new brakes, probably rotors, plugs, I"m guessing it would have needed a new battery real soon. So when they gave me that trade in value, that and the car I like, black with the rear spoiler, I went ahead and jumped on it. They were asking 27 for it, so I at least got them down to 25. And on top of that, they gave me a super low monthly payment, which really meant a lot to me as well. My car payment is now almost half of what my Hummer payment was.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #35
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Yes I did some research, but not extensive. Its not that big of a deal, I would have bought this car no matter, the only thing is I probably would have tried to get it down to about 23 or 24, although I did ask for 24, and he said that is what they had in it. But who knows, I'm sure that was a lie too.

I had figured that it was either a 1LT or 2LT due to the wheels, but other than that, i wasn't sure. I had actually done more research on the 2013, which are a little different, so that is why I was a little more clueless with the 2012 version. The 2013 have the rear camera display in a larger video screen in the middle. The 2012s don't have the larger screen I do not think at all, but not 100% sure on that.
Yes the 13's started with the MYLINK system and have the backup camera in the radio/navigation screen. The 12' was the first year with the backup camera and it was put in the rearview mirror. My car is a 12' and it has the camera in the rearview mirror. I actually like it there better since i'm backing my car out and looking into the rearview mirror it only makes sense to have it there IMO.

If you ever want to add the 4 pack gauges to your car it's a 20-30 min. job and is very simple. It's plug-n-play.

Just a few quick FYI if your interested. The current steering wheel started in 12' to the current model year. Some like it better but most prefer the 10'-11' model wheel better which actually says "Camaro" instead of the gold Chevy bowtie.

The 12' is the only year that has the door lock button on the doors and under the radio. 10'-11' had them under the radio only and 13'+ only has them on the doors.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #36
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
You've already figured out what you have, but for future reference, for the 2012 model year, the differences between the 2LT and 1LT are:
  • HUD
  • Leather seating
  • 4-pack gauges
  • Heated front seats
  • Heated exterior mirrors
  • Auto-dimming rearview and driver's mirrors
  • Universal home remote with 3 programmable buttons
  • 19" wheels (optional on 1LT)
  • Boston Acoustics stereo (optional on 1LT)
  • "Convenience & Connectivity" package items (optional on 1LT), including:
    USB Port
    PDIM (for connecting iPods and similar devices)
    Leather steering wheel w/audio controls
    Leather shift knob
    Remote vehicle start (with automatic transmission)
  • "Rear Vision" package items (optional on 1LT), including:
    Rearview camera
    Ultrasonic parking sensors

In 2012, the RS package would get you:
  • HID headlights with halo rings
  • DRLs in place of fog lights
  • Body colored roof ditch molding and sharkfin antenna
  • 20" wheels with staggered sized summer-only tires

Welcome to C5, and enjoy your grin-machine!
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #37
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Congrats and welcome. If your happy I'm happy. Whats the first mod catch can? headers? Super_____?
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #38
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
2LT has Heads Up Display. You cant miss it.
not all of them
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #39
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
Congrats and welcome. If your happy I'm happy. Whats the first mod catch can? headers? Super_____?

LOL
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #40
TheAviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
You've already figured out what you have, but for future reference, for the 2012 model year, the differences between the 2LT and 1LT are:
  • HUD
  • Leather seating
  • 4-pack gauges
  • Heated front seats
  • Heated exterior mirrors
  • Auto-dimming rearview and driver's mirrors
  • Universal home remote with 3 programmable buttons
  • 19" wheels (optional on 1LT)
  • Boston Acoustics stereo (optional on 1LT)
  • "Convenience & Connectivity" package items (optional on 1LT), including:
    USB Port
    PDIM (for connecting iPods and similar devices)
    Leather steering wheel w/audio controls
    Leather shift knob
    Remote vehicle start (with automatic transmission)
  • "Rear Vision" package items (optional on 1LT), including:
    Rearview camera
    Ultrasonic parking sensors

In 2012, the RS package would get you:
  • HID headlights with halo rings
  • DRLs in place of fog lights
  • Body colored roof ditch molding and sharkfin antenna
  • 20" wheels with staggered sized summer-only tires

Welcome to C5, and enjoy your grin-machine!
I do have the sharkfin antenna, as well as the leather steering wheel and shift and the remote vehicle start although I have not used it, but once. That's all well and good, I'm not sure I even like the HUD or the heated seats. I'm in a pretty warm weather state, so no need for that anyway.

And thanks for that info, that is good to have.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #41
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
not all of them
We're talking 2012 here...
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #42
911medic

Quote:
I do have the sharkfin antenna, as well as the leather steering wheel and shift and the remote vehicle start although I have not used it, but once. That's all well and good, I'm not sure I even like the HUD or the heated seats. I'm in a pretty warm weather state, so no need for that anyway.

And thanks for that info, that is good to have.
All Camaros (except 'verts) have the sharkfin antenna, the RS paints it body colored, along with the roof ditch molding.