Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-17-2024, 03:20 PM   #15
sklippi2018

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Any ideas what they were trying to rig up with a ribbon cable at around the 2:00 minute mark? I wonder if the owner had a dummy OBD plug and they were sophisticated enough to find the databus under the dash somewhere?

Ironic, using the white 1LE to try to steal a ZL1, working their way up.
I thought same regarding the dummy OBD plug. Persistent buggers!
sklippi2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 08:01 PM   #16
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Until GM fixes this (if they ever do), get yourself a "kill switch", hide your OBD-II port and install a fake one and get a steering wheel club (yes, I know they can cut the steering wheel and remove the club but if they don't have a hack saw with them, they can't do much and simply seeing the "club" may give them pause as to what other measures you have taken to avoid theft and they may simply pass on your vehicle)... I install my club everywhere I park the car, even if only for 10-15 minutes...
And keeping your keys in a faraday bag.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 08:21 PM   #17
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
what are the legal rights that we, as owners have, if we're confronted by a thief?
I'm in NC, and I carry everyday. I (we) in NC cannot use deadly force to deter theft. Only to protect myself or someone from imminent bodily harm. If I was threatened while in my vehicle, I could of course use deadly force, but still I'm protecting "ME", and not my vehicle.

Not sure about your state.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 10:41 PM   #18
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifecta View Post
what are the legal rights that we, as owners have, if we're confronted by a thief?

If I feel as though my life is threatened, I'm emptying the mag.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:05 AM   #19
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
Its a shame the owners dont come out and shoot the thieves dead.
#LIKEABOSS

https://youtu.be/ESwP7RSqYZk?si=3tcenuzF0hbNAK4v

Then again he lives in Detroit. Shooting yourself in the foot doing that.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:16 AM   #20
L2SS455

Drives: VOM 2022 2SS
Maybe, it's still better to Call GM customer service and demand an security Update 1-800 222-1020. Just like JLR did for it customers for new and older vehicles. I have. If they get enough complaints that might just help us out. Even with thousands spent on security prevention we get broken windows due to this issue being know via tiktok.
L2SS455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 10:36 AM   #21
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifecta View Post
It varies by state.

Or if you live in Canada, you're supposed to just leave your keys in the door and in your carseat to avoid confrontation with thieves. Imagine being led by someone that weak and having nobody in the country that is on your side to defend yourself.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:56 AM   #22
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
If I feel as though my life is threatened, I'm emptying the mag.

They're heading right for us

Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:59 AM   #23
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
It varies by state.

Or if you live in Canada, you're supposed to just leave your keys in the door and in your carseat to avoid confrontation with thieves. Imagine being led by someone that weak and having nobody in the country that is on your side to defend yourself.

For those who don't believe this is real, Ontario police are now telling people to leave their keyfobs outside their front door so that thieves won't break in to steal them.

https://nowtoronto.com/news/toronto-...aws-criticism/

Don't believe me? Here is the video:

Peak clown world.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 12:02 PM   #24
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
I'm in NC, and I carry everyday. I (we) in NC cannot use deadly force to deter theft. Only to protect myself or someone from imminent bodily harm. If I was threatened while in my vehicle, I could of course use deadly force, but still I'm protecting "ME", and not my vehicle.

Not sure about your state.
Pretty much this ^^. The use of a firearm constitutes the application of deadly force which is only justifiable in the context of using it to save a life, not property.

Things I remember from long ago in Concealed Carry class:

Can't shoot them in the back, even when running off with your flatscreen.
Can't shoot at them in a car fleeing.
Can't shoot them in the leg (deliberately) because it demonstrates that deadly force was not required.
Can't shoot them for stealing or destroying your property, even harming/killing pets or livestock, unless you can prove human life was at risk.

Basically, they have to be "coming right at you" or your family/others and in that case you should aim for center mass.

Where states vary is "castle law" doctrine. Some states give a lot of leeway once someone has B&E'd your home.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 12:13 PM   #25
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
For those who don't believe this is real, Ontario police are now telling people to leave their keyfobs outside their front door so that thieves won't break in to steal them.

https://nowtoronto.com/news/toronto-...aws-criticism/

Don't believe me? Here is the video:

Peak clown world.

Can you believe this, just throwing the surrender flag. Trudeau led country at its best. I am a Canadian living in MN and everyone here says how dumb and stupid Biden is, which I won't get in to politics, but then I say, have you ever heard of Trudeau

https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FJ1R60R0111531
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 03:26 PM   #26
L2SS455

Until GM fixes this. This is what we have to content with.
Old 03-20-2024, 04:03 PM   #27
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2SS455 View Post
Until GM fixes this. This is what we have to content with.
This aint a GM problem, its an ideology problem. You are in Maryland right? Well May 14, 2024 from 7 am to 8 pm is your chance to start to fix it. Otherwise come on here, continue to flap your keyboard and deal with it...
Current mileage: 310
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 04:31 PM   #28
L2SS455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junction65 View Post
This aint a GM problem, its an ideology problem. You are in Maryland right? Well May 14, 2024 from 7 am to 8 pm is your chance to start to fix it. Otherwise come on here, continue to flap your keyboard and deal with it...
Sure it's GM problem. JLR fixed their customer cars, read up on it and get back to us.