Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #15
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I don't see GM waiting that long to get the 6th gen on the lots. I would expect it to be summer or fall 2015.
Agreed.. Production can go pretty quick...remember the Stingray and 2014 refresh all were shown in New York Jan 2013 and the Vette was on road in October 2013 and the Camaro sooner...Also, just because we haven't seen any camo-covered prototypes photographed on test drives doesn't mean they don't exist.. If they really unveil the 6th Gen at the New York Auto Show Jan 2016, I think it be ready in fall of that year...
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #16
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Yeah and it was a disaster in my opinion. I enjoy watching the show minus the whiners bickering with each other and the one female judge seems pretty mean.
Man the whining by some of the dudes is crazy!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #17
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Agreed.. Production can go pretty quick...remember the Stingray and 2014 refresh all were shown in New York Jan 2013 and the Vette was on road in October 2013 and the Camaro sooner...Also, just because we haven't seen any camo-covered prototypes photographed on test drives doesn't mean they don't exist.. If they really unveil the 6th Gen at the New York Auto Show Jan 2016, I think it be ready in fall of that year...
You do understand how hard it is to keep them secret and hidden, right?

Don't compare new headlamps and tail lamps as proof. Those are easier to hide and don't forget the "are those the real headlamps" fiasco? That is because it takes much less time to do the lamps.

And don't judge time from auto show to job 1. That is almost always within a year. You have to judge by when you see the first spy photos.

And being so hopeful that you think the prototypes must exist we just haven't seen them to keep a mid next year job 1 alive is simply.......hopeful.

Even the proving grounds aren't exempt from pics being taken from afar.

Look, I'm as hopeful as the next guy. I just haven't seen the spy photos that start the clock.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #18
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Oh and i think the first spy photos of the C7 were in January of 2012.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #19
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Don't compare new headlamps and tail lamps as proof. Those are easier to hide and don't forget the "are those the real headlamps" fiasco? That is because it takes much less time to do the lamps.

And don't judge time from auto show to job 1. That is almost always within a year. You have to judge by when you see the first spy photos.

And being so hopeful that you think the prototypes must exist we just haven't seen them to keep a mid next year job 1 alive is simply.......hopeful.

Look, I'm as hopeful as the next guy. I just haven't seen the spy photos that start the clock.
Quote:
That's great news for me! I'm going to have a house built within a year and want to buy the Camaro after that. I want a 5Gen 1LE unless the 6Gen is spectacular.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #20
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Waiting sucks.
You must have a very short memory , way below average
Nine months goes by just like that , try to remember the first time you had to wait that long , you will see it's really not that long !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #21
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
They wouldn't reveal it on a tv show because it would not get much publicity. You will see it at the Detroit auto show for sure I think!
The 2014 MCE was first revealed on "Live With Kelly & Michael" ahead of the NYIAS.

IF the car has a sneak peek/preview on a TV show, you can be sure it will be on a BIG-3 network with high ratings, like Mustang did with "Good Morning America" (#1 in its time slot).
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #22
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
I always suspected that the manufacturers called the photographers to give them a heads up on when the cars will be out and about. They did do an excellent job on keeping the Z/28 under wraps. As much as I want to see and know everything about the 6th gen I would be fine with them revealing it closer to launch. A couple years ago I was on my own in saying that the sixth gen would debut as a 2017 model year car. The fifth gen was delayed a year but if I remember right it was delayed from our expectations not what GM officially told us would happen. GM has stated as others on here have reminded that 2015 is the last year of the fifth gen but they always reserve the right to change that.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #23
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Also since they are changing the platform is there anything that says they have to build it where they are building the current Gen 5's. 2015 may be the last year for the Gen 5 but they could introduce the Gen 6 whenever they feel they are ready, even if that means no Camaro's for a year or two. This is not what I think is going to happen, I just believe GM has many options. In the end it still has to revolve around profit. I do not know if the reintroduction of the Gen 5 has been a profitable venture for GM. Gen 6 should be interesting.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #24
sonnydurden

Quote:

I'm being optimistic that they are keeping the 6th Gen under heavy secrecy.. From what we have been reading, GM doesn't want any part of the 6th Gen out until they want it out.. May sound crazy but who knows where the test cars are being tested at..
Old 07-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #25
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
Also since they are changing the platform is there anything that says they have to build it where they are building the current Gen 5's. 2015 may be the last year for the Gen 5 but they could introduce the Gen 6 whenever they feel they are ready, even if that means no Camaro's for a year or two. This is not what I think is going to happen, I just believe GM has many options. In the end it still has to revolve around profit. I do not know if the reintroduction of the Gen 5 has been a profitable venture for GM. Gen 6 should be interesting.
Fifth gen has definitely been profitable for GM and 6th gen production is moving to Lansing Grand River. There's a huge thread in this section about it.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #26
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Fifth gen has definitely been profitable for GM and 6th gen production is moving to Lansing Grand River. There's a huge thread in this section about it.
You would think the ETA for the new line starting would be hard to keep secret. Lots to plan, design, buy, etc

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #27
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
You would think the ETA for the new line starting would be hard to keep secret. Lots to plan, design, buy, etc
Good point. I think seeing your buddy get fired probably helps a little.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #28
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Good point. I think seeing your buddy get fired probably helps a little.
Who is my buddy?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote