Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #113
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMI View Post

Any new updates with regards to resolving dead fob prob?
I had my car in for this and according to the service ticket they replaced a receiver, part number 13595511 per 16-NA-396

For whatever that is worth i've not had any issues since they installed the part.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:16 PM   #114
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post
I had my car in for this and according to the service ticket they replaced a receiver, part number 13595511 per 16-NA-396

For whatever that is worth i've not had any issues since they installed the part.

Thanx! Good to know.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:51 AM   #115
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Public Service Announcement from Your Local Neighborhood PinHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzaa View Post
All of a sudden both of my key fobs don't work at all. I can't drive my car or pop the trunk or anything else. Anyone run into this before?
(EDIT- After my post I finished reading the remaining 7 pages and a few other's mentioned RF interference GOOD CATCH Guys)

Here's my WAG

It might be the case of frequency overload/interference.

I was waiting for things like this to happen.

If you're located near a "High RF" facility expect malfunctions;

High RF can be found near Airports, Radio/Microwave Transmitting sites, Police Radar etc.

You're key fob works on either 315Mhz or 433Mhz.

400Mhz band is extensively used in other applications, voice, data, remote control, etc.

When you're talking about interference you do not need the interference to be on the offended Freq Band. Harmonics interact and can be 2nd or 3rd and still interfere with the remote control.

You also have other transmitters in the car, OnStar/Cell Phone, WiFi, and MESH Routers.

I can't wait until the Dealers have replaced 1,000,000,000 key fobs and ancillary parts only to find it was an interference issue.

Welcome to 2017
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:25 AM   #116
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post

Yes. Correct. This is a Service Bulletin that just came out - thanks to Kaizer_911 for Posting this - Post Number 4576. Here is the link: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...67040&page=327

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
(EDIT- After my post I finished reading the remaining 7 pages and a few other's mentioned RF interference GOOD CATCH Guys)

Here's my WAG

It might be the case of frequency overload/interference.

I was waiting for things like this to happen.

If you're located near a "High RF" facility expect malfunctions;

High RF can be found near Airports, Radio/Microwave Transmitting sites, Police Radar etc.

You're key fob works on either 315Mhz or 433Mhz.

400Mhz band is extensively used in other applications, voice, data, remote control, etc.

When you're talking about interference you do not need the interference to be on the offended Freq Band. Harmonics interact and can be 2nd or 3rd and still interfere with the remote control.

You also have other transmitters in the car, OnStar/Cell Phone, WiFi, and MESH Routers.

I can't wait until the Dealers have replaced 1,000,000,000 key fobs and ancillary parts only to find it was an interference issue.

Welcome to 2017
This is EXACTLY what I was told when I took mine in for this issue. Police transmitter(s) / interference.
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:21 AM   #117
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

It's the strangest thing, mine started working again after a couple hours of sitting in the garage... huh.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:48 PM   #118
SuperSteveSS

Drives: 2017 ss
I had my first experience with a "fob issue". I wasnt stranded or anything terrible, i just could not unlock the door with the thumb button. I had to get the fob put of my pocket and hit unlock. Everything else worked just fine. Also, I always leave my fob in the cup holder.
SuperSteveSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #119
dray

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 NGM, 2012 Yamaha FZ8
I had this issue happen last Tuesday. Went to the gym and got the message about no key detected when I got there. Drove it home and got the other key because I didn't want to pry the cover off the lock cylinder in the parking lot at the gym.

I know all cars are built to a price, but crispy Christ this sucks.
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:33 PM   #120
somedude

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Convertible Auto V6
Action Required, No Remote Detected Press Brake To Restart

New car with two key FOB's it has happened to me three times with the message "Action Required, No Remote Detected Press Brake To Restart" I press the brake and nothing, the car will not turn off unless I keep pressing the Engine start stop. In order to start it up again its the same process, after a few tries it starts up. I read the manual and placing the FOB in the cup holder is the same as having it in my pocket. Tried both FOB's and they have no function, cant lock doors or open trunk, its like they are dead. Only fix that works for me is leaving the car unlocked for about 10 minutes then both FOB's work great. I just hopes it does not keep happening. Below is a picture of the message.

somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #121
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I have never used the remote features of my fob. 100% passive. No problems in the 15 months I've had the car. It's always in my pants pocket.

I'd be more inclined to believe that some people's receivers in the car were installed wrong or are bad vs interference being so bad that even passive while in the car with the doors closed wont work.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #122
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Took my fob to the dealership. Described the issues that I had with it and could not find one issue with it. Oh, well.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #123
somedude

I think you are correct, I will bring it up to the dealer when I get my first oil change( or sooner if it keeps happening) along with the windshield fog that shows up when I first start the car. I just read on the forums that their is a STB for the FOB transmitter.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:26 PM   #124
somedude

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...67040&page=327

approximately the 12th post down by Kaizer_911
Old 08-29-2017, 05:33 PM   #125
somedude

Just an update for the FOB issue, I noticed something interesting this past few weeks, when I wear shorts I usually put my key FOB in the cup holder because they will slide out of my pocket and fall in between the seat and console. Now when I do this and I pick someone up with the car running put it in park doors open automatically, they open the door get in, then I get the "Action Required, No Remote Detected Press Brake To Restart" message, the car does not turn off but feels like it looses power for a second, they get in and I drive away with no problem, arrive at my destination and FOB works fine.

Noticed that when I wear pants instead of shorts and clip my FOB to my belt loop never had this problem, I wonder if other Camaro owners can test this, I have been testing this myself and can tell you that putting my FOB in any of the two cup holders will cause issues most of the time but not always. Any input would be great and hopefully a step closer to figuring this issue out .
Old 08-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #126
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Just an update for the FOB issue, I noticed something interesting this past few weeks, when I wear shorts I usually put my key FOB in the cup holder because they will slide out of my pocket and fall in between the seat and console. Now when I do this and I pick someone up with the car running put it in park doors open automatically, they open the door get in, then I get the "Action Required, No Remote Detected Press Brake To Restart" message, the car does not turn off but feels like it looses power for a second, they get in and I drive away with no problem, arrive at my destination and FOB works fine.

Noticed that when I wear pants instead of shorts and clip my FOB to my belt loop never had this problem, I wonder if other Camaro owners can test this, I have been testing this myself and can tell you that putting my FOB in any of the two cup holders will cause issues most of the time but not always. Any input would be great and hopefully a step closer to figuring this issue out .

Putting the FOB in the silver section BETWEEN the cup holders is how you start the car with a dead remote battery... wonder if it's affecting operation just sitting in one of the cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote