Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 10-31-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Frayed Seat Belts

Anybody else with seat belts that are starting to fray? I pulled the belt out slightly for the picture but both front seat belts show the same fraying on the outer edge right at the point where the belt touches the trim. There is slight fraying on the inside edge where it touches the trim. I could see where maybe I did something accidentally to one of the belts but to have them both fray at the same point seems like a warranty issue. The car is a 2016 convertible with about 5,500 miles. I had 40,000+ miles on my 2013 convertible with no belt issues.

Took it to the dealer today and they didn't see any TSBs listed for this problem. I will take it back to the dealer in few weeks to see what they will do to replace the belts.
Attached Images

Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:05 PM   #2
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Well that's gonna cause a recall and stop sale soon.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #3
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
There seems to be a growing number of issues with premature wear of interior parts.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:28 AM   #4
EXSSIVE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Well that's gonna cause a recall and stop sale soon.
Based on what? So far this is one incident. One incident is a warranty claim, not a stop sale. Things happen which is exactly why the warranty exists in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
There seems to be a lot of issues with extremely premature wear of interior parts.
Such as???

The dealership should've already ordered both belts. IF they didn't, take it to another dealer and get them replaced.
EXSSIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:45 AM   #5
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXSSIVE View Post
Based on what? So far this is one incident. One incident is a warranty claim, not a stop sale. Things happen which is exactly why the warranty exists in the first place.
I jumped the gun a bit but if they see this in a few more that is definitely an issue that would cause a stop sale. Similar thing happened to the SS Sedan on the seatbelt (although it was the buckle) and they did a stop sale for a few months.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #6
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Mine is frayed as well all over, it's really fuzzy.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:04 PM   #7
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXSSIVE View Post

Such as???
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Mine is frayed as well all over, it's really fuzzy.
I realize my original comment was a bit extreme, so I have edited the comment to soften the comment.

Here's someone else with the same issue, albeit not as bad. I've never seen a frayed seat belt on any car before, whether new or 30 years old, and now we have a few with this issue on cars less than a year old.

There's also at least a handful of people that had to have seat covers replaced due to premature wear within a couple months of buying the car. Low wear fabric appears to have been used in areas where it shouldn't have been.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote