Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2015, 02:49 AM   #1
Rob_H

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro LT RS
Who the hell is Elvis Crespo? MP3 problems.

Hi there,

I'm having a little bit of an issue with the MP3 player on my 2014 LT RS.

I have my MP3s all in correct folder names, all correctly tagged with only Artist, Album, Track and Track#. All other parts of the tag are blank.

The problem I have is that some artist names are showing up incorrectly. Example, "The Rolling Stones", instead of "Rolling Stones, The", and "Elvis Crespo" instead of "Elvis Presley". Where Mylink gets Crespo from, I have no idea.

I have checked and double-checked the tags and all is well. I have even moved all the artist folders in a "Music" folder to force Mylink to refresh the cache, but again to no avail.

Any ideas? I wondered whether Mylink is reading a different tag that isn't showing up on my MP3 software, but can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Rob
Rob_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:53 AM   #2
BMWW
Emerald Archer

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green Metallic
Answer to the Elvis Crespo question, he is a latin singer.

As to why MyLink is messing up your music, did you purchase the music in mp3 format or did you rip the music from CDs in mp3 format?

Did you manually input all the information or was all info already input in the music?
BMWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:23 AM   #3
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
or did you download it (p2p, etc...)?

I remember downloading music from Napster/Kazaa/Bearshare back in the day, and ALL of the tags were consistently jacked up.

I would venture a guess that it's your mp3 player causing the issue- would think that the comp is only going to display what it is told to by the device that is attached...
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
graf101
Trouble_SM

Drives: 17' Summit White ZL1
LOL @ Elvis Crespo.
graf101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #5
Rob_H

I take the 5th amendment on responding to the question of where I obtained the music.

The tags are clean, so far as I can see. Perhaps the car player is reading a different format of tag to that which I have edited and can see on my PC? Is that possible that MP3 files can carry several tags?
Old 04-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #6
flamandj
I love me some Chevy's!

Drives: 14 2SS/RS ,14 BMW X3 ,02LR Disco 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_H View Post
Hi there,

I'm having a little bit of an issue with the MP3 player on my 2014 LT RS.

I have my MP3s all in correct folder names, all correctly tagged with only Artist, Album, Track and Track#. All other parts of the tag are blank.

The problem I have is that some artist names are showing up incorrectly. Example, "The Rolling Stones", instead of "Rolling Stones, The", and "Elvis Crespo" instead of "Elvis Presley". Where Mylink gets Crespo from, I have no idea.

I have checked and double-checked the tags and all is well. I have even moved all the artist folders in a "Music" folder to force Mylink to refresh the cache, but again to no avail.

Any ideas? I wondered whether Mylink is reading a different tag that isn't showing up on my MP3 software, but can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Rob
Funny story.... I know Mr. Crespo.. He is a Puertorrican singer.. My friends dad is his lawyer. This is so funny to me!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Pull the file up on your computer and check the details, make sure that you are also looking at contributing artist. The radio also looks at that too. Make sure you look at any category that could contain information on the artist. I bet somewhere in those details what you are seeing is in the file information. More than likely you are only seeing the default information. I think you can right click on the bar that the categories are displayed and you can select different information.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:22 PM   #8
Rob_H

This is driving me absolutely mental now. I used MP3Tag to completely wipe the tags, then retagged from the file names. Plugged the USB drive back into the car, 10 minutes of indexing, bloody Elvis Crespo comes up, singing Jailhouse Rock. Ugh...
Old 04-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #9
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Better question.... Why the hell are you listening to Elvis in 2015? I'm from his hometown and I don't even listen to his music lol
Old 04-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #10
Rob_H

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Better question.... Why the hell are you listening to Elvis in 2015? I'm from his hometown and I don't even listen to his music lol
Because it's Monday of course!
Old 04-13-2015, 05:01 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Because even 60 year old Elvis music is better than the crap being passed off as rock music today.