Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
New Member, New Order for 2015 2LT

Hello everyone. New guy here. I'm going to be putting in an order for a 2015 2LT as soon as my negotiating process is done, hopefully no later than late February. I'm sending out emails to some Chevy dealers with a spec/price sheet that also have a proposed price. There is, of course, some wiggle room in there and after the dust settles I'm sure it will work out with someone.

I'm looking to get a 2LT in Summit White with grey leather interior. It already has most of what I want and I'm only adding an automatic, sunroof, nav, and the upgraded wheels. I've looked high and low and cannot find white with grey interior. We are moving to Southern Nevada in 2016 and black interior out there would be a killer, so I am resigned to ordering one which is fine with me. I'm in no hurry but definately want a Gen5 and not the 6.

It's funny how I got interested (hooked) on getting a Camaro. We were on vacation two summers ago and I rented one, kind of by accident (they upgraded us). I wasn't in that car 5 minutes and I told my wife I *HAVE* to have one of these. Driving it for a week got me really hooked. Coming from a Lexus ES this is quite a departure, but WTH, you only live once.

So here I am. I've been reading a lot of posts and hope to throw in my 2 cents once in a while. One the new baby arrives (the car, that is) hopefully sometime in April I'll be sure to post some pics.
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Welcome to C5!

The 2LT/RS V6 is a great car. I had a blast in mine before I upgraded.

I live in SoCal and my 2LT had black leather seats. Just get 20% tint with UV protection and you'll be fine. These Camaros have small side windows so the heat that gets transferred to the interior is minimal with tint.

Happy hunting.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:26 PM   #3
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Wow didn't know there are so many seating surface options. I checked with the build your own site, you can get blue red tan gray leather seating surface. Who would of thunk it. Well when you receive your vehicle please post the images.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Also found you can add a

Spoiler extension
  • Adjustable Wicker Bill attaches to the rear spoiler, extending its height for additional downforce at higher speeds
  • On LS Coupe, LT Coupe and SS Coupe, it requires the available blade spoiler
$450.00 wow...
Old 01-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
RS14
Automotive Enthusiast

Drives: dr
Welcome. Great choice! I love my 2014 2LT/RS. Silver Ice Metallic with Grey Leather Interior.
RS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:34 PM   #6
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Welcome Aboard!!!. Excellent color choice.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #7
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
As you might tell from my screen name, I play a lot of golf. One concern was getting a golf bag through that rather small trunk lid but doing a search I found a You Tube video from someone here (I think) showing the guy putting two bags in the trunk. It wouldn't have been a deal-breaker, but it was nice to see nonetheless.

With the rental I had I didn't find the visibilty to be the problem that a lot of people make it out to be, and neither did my wife. That was also the first time I'd used a HUD and that is pretty cool once you got used to it. I am no leadfoot driver but man, it was fun to step on it and have it take off. Hopefully there are no court dates in my future. LOL.
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #8
TX/ZL1

Drives: '14 ZL1 RRM M6
Welcome.....
Old 01-28-2015, 02:08 PM   #9
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Congrats on the new car, you have a sweet color choice there especially seeing you are moving to Souther Nevada (I am presuming Vegas) when i moved here a year and a half ago I had a dark hardtop, i then started putting the word out that i wanted a convertible, and i wanted a white one due to the heat in tbe summers, i am so glad i went with that choice.
when you move out here feel free to look up our local club _ Souther Nevada Camaro Club, we are always doing something, lots of meetups and cruises and events. Most of the time you can just come out and check us out at the weekly Cars & Coffee every Saturday, PM me for details
Old 01-28-2015, 02:18 PM   #10
garyw

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS
drive an SS and you will really be hooked
garyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #11
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Welcome from Near Stlouis In IL

Congrats on the new 2LT/RS !!

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #12
13BRM2SSRS

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS Vert L99
Congrats and welcome!
Black GFX / Dynatech Supermaxx LT Headers / FR Black Chrome ZL1 Replicas 275/315 / RDP Tune / CAI / VMAX TB / MBRP SS Catback / Gtechniq CSL & EXOV3 / VTC / RX Catch Can / Valentine 1 / Halo DRL / LED Fogs
13BRM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #13
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
As you might tell from my screen name, I play a lot of golf. One concern was getting a golf bag through that rather small trunk lid but doing a search I found a You Tube video from someone here (I think) showing the guy putting two bags in the trunk. It wouldn't have been a deal-breaker, but it was nice to see nonetheless.
I play a lot of golf too, and almost always drive the Camaro to the golf club. Getting the bag in and out of the trunk can be a bit of a hassle. If you have a standard size "cart bag" you have to feed the bag in diagonally, butt first, into one of the front corners of the trunk. Then you can gingerly work the club head end in at the opposing rear corner. It's very tight. I found that putting the bag rain cover on makes it easier - hold all the club heads in a tighter group. Carry bags are probably easier, but I don't play for the exercise, so...

I can't imagine getting two standard sized cart bags in the trunk. Gave a friend (and his clubs) a ride home after golf one day... he has one of the tour sized bags. Had to drop the back seat and put the bags side by side through the opening. Didn't care for that too much.

Hit 'em long and straight and congrats on the Camaro. Hope it all works out for you. Welcome to C5!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #14
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Hello, and welcome to Camaro5!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote