Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #29
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
DAMN! I need a 4 bay garage like that. I thought 3 was going to be enough for me but turns out it's not.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #30
Kerr

Drives: 67 vette
Garage is like HP... its never enough lol.. that turned out way bigger than what it was going to be. But im glad, And to make it work with the house there is one under it too but its packed full. there is a truck down there and all my grandparents everything from when they past away. The game plan was a lift and all but never got it put in..

whats your all thoughts on those wheels in chrome? I like blacked out like my sububran but, but not sure how that would look on the convertiable.. they just look a lot longer than coupe for some reason..
Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
caverman

Personally I like the polished OEM wheels. This is one of the first cars in a long time that I can remember where I left the OEM wheels alone.

If it were me, I would keep the wheels. Add a little vinyl to the bow tie in the center cap. You would be surprised at how well that makes the wheels look and it only costs about $10. Then I would powdercoat your brake caplipers red and add the big Brembo stickers. That will really pop on the black. Just my opinion though. That's alot cheaper than a new set of wheels as well.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #32
Kerr

Drives: 67 vette
very true, i havent given the car much attention.. im trying to get my sububran project finished.. Those wheels are like a blackish gray.. I figured they would be bright silver..

There is a camaro in town that did the brakes and it makes them look 10 times bigger in bright red. Years ago i did my stock brakes on a toyota supra in Viper red with black supra sticker then clear coated them.... they turned out well.
Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #33
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
very true, i havent given the car much attention.. im trying to get my sububran project finished.. Those wheels are like a blackish gray.. I figured they would be bright silver..

There is a camaro in town that did the brakes and it makes them look 10 times bigger in bright red. Years ago i did my stock brakes on a toyota supra in Viper red with black supra sticker then clear coated them.... they turned out well.
Then you have the Midnight Silver wheels from the RS pkg and not the polished wheels.

Do the brakes, add the vinyl bowtie, add and SS if that's your thing, and if you really want to make the car stand out add some white or silver stripes. Do the stripes with vinyl and you can remove them if you wanted to...plus it's alot cheaper than paint.

I couldn't find some of my pics I really wanted but here is a somewhat close up of what I did.
Attached Images

Build Journal
Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #34
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Then you have the Midnight Silver wheels from the RS pkg and not the polished wheels.

Do the brakes, add the vinyl bowtie, add and SS if that's your thing, and if you really want to make the car stand out add some white or silver stripes. Do the stripes with vinyl and you can remove them if you wanted to...plus it's alot cheaper than paint.

I couldn't find some of my pics I really wanted but here is a somewhat close up of what I did.
thats weird, i have the 2SS/RS and my wheels are polished
Old 01-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #35
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
thats weird, i have the 2SS/RS and my wheels are polished
By default an RS came with Midnight Silver wheels or you could order polished wheels for an extra $500. Polished wheels are an option.
Build Journal
Old 01-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #36
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
Step one on the CAI, disconnect the battery. You know, I never did that. I just did the CAI install. Why disconnect the battery?

I was assuming it was to reset the codes for the mass airflow sensor, but not sure. I am a DIY'er and I like to follow instructions.

Glad I did, now I know where the battery is!
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #37
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
I think ill just hook it to the post under the hood. they way its parked there is a plug in right there at the front anyway...

Ill probably do thursday, I had to get a battery for the G6 GT cab. Dealer said it would be here then so i just do them both at the same time. That dumb pontiac died even with it on a trickel charger..

I did remember to snap a pict though... Not like is matters as they all look the same lol..
Great photos! post some of the 67 too if you could, would love to see it

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote