Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-12-2024, 06:01 AM   #967
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010sgm View Post
Framless mirror? Please enlighten me....
Here is a kit.

Can be done much cheaper if you are willing to source your own mirror and do a little wiring.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:56 AM   #968
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
Here is a kit.

Can be done much cheaper if you are willing to source your own mirror and do a little wiring.
looks interesting but it says this in notes :
This kit is for 2010-2011 Camaro 2SS/2LT models only.

my car is a 1lt anyhow ill look into...maybe time to change out mirror all together since on star does not work

Last edited by 2010sgm; 03-12-2024 at 11:14 AM.
2010sgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 10:59 AM   #969
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
My '10 SS L99 started throwing Check Engine & Check Suspension warning lights. It was also shifting rough and shaking like crazy. Scan found low voltage and low communication codes which were cleared according to my mechanic. Along with another oil change I found today to be very productive. Still no mechanical repairs needed on my SS after almost 15 years and 72,000 miles.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:00 PM   #970
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010sgm View Post
looks interesting but it says this in notes :
This kit is for 2010-2011 Camaro 2SS/2LT models only.

my car is a 1lt anyhow ill look into...maybe time to change out mirror all together since on star does not work
If you don’t use on star and don’t have auto dimming. There are plenty of cheap used ones to be had on eBay. GM used that style of mirror in a lot of cars.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:19 PM   #971
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
If you don’t use on star and don’t have auto dimming. There are plenty of cheap used ones to be had on eBay. GM used that style of mirror in a lot of cars.
On star has been disabled in the 5th gen no longer in service i may just look for a cool billet mirror..either way thanks for the info
Old 03-12-2024, 10:45 PM   #972
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Replaced the a/c evap temp sensor under the passenger side of the dash. Apparently it controls when the compressor kicks on and off. Quick 2 minute job. $17 part.

Doubt it'll change anything but I'm willing to try anything as I chase down the inconsistent a/c on my Camaro.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 07:09 AM   #973
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Took it to work today. I was on the phone on my ride in explaining to my buddy that even though I occasionally think of selling it, its paid off, only 75k miles, and its been the most reliable car ive ever owned. Then i noticed the coolant leak dripping as I pulled into my parking spot lol. I already found the leak, its the small hose coming off the radiator cap, it rubbed against the intake and wore a hole. Easy fix, gonna pick up some hose on lunch and swap it out. Think ill have to burp the system or ill be ok because its the hose way up top? Its not the one my finger is on, its the one next to it that im pointing to
Attached Images

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 07:55 AM   #974
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
Took it to work today. I was on the phone on my ride in explaining to my buddy that even though I occasionally think of selling it, its paid off, only 75k miles, and its been the most reliable car ive ever owned. Then i noticed the coolant leak dripping as I pulled into my parking spot lol. I already found the leak, its the small hose coming off the radiator cap, it rubbed against the intake and wore a hole. Easy fix, gonna pick up some hose on lunch and swap it out. Think ill have to burp the system or ill be ok because its the hose way up top? Its not the one my finger is on, its the one next to it that im pointing to
Will be fine just to add coolant. for the minimal amout youve lost shouldnt think it would be a worry at all.
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 08:33 AM   #975
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Swap the hose quickly and you will be fine. That line shouldn't leak much coolant when you swap it anyways.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 08:48 AM   #976
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Swap the hose quickly and you will be fine. That line shouldn't leak much coolant when you swap it anyways.
Thats what I was thinking... Hopefully I can sneak out during lunch and grab a piece of hose at one of the local spot and then top it off.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Old 03-13-2024, 09:07 AM   #977
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

would any of you happen to know the size of the hose so I can pick one up without having to remove mine first? They get a little weird when I work on my car in the parking lot at work so I wanna make it as quick as possible after hours

Old 03-13-2024, 09:42 AM   #978
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
It is 1/4" hose. I think the factory hose is molded, so if you just buy standard hose you might need a little bit longer hose. I swapped to silicone on my car, but I still have my old hose if you want it I could send it to you.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 10:17 AM   #979
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
It is 1/4" hose. I think the factory hose is molded, so if you just buy standard hose you might need a little bit longer hose. I swapped to silicone on my car, but I still have my old hose if you want it I could send it to you.
I appreciate it! I already have it all apart in my work parking lot so ill just run to the parts store for some standard hose on lunch. Truly appreciate the offer though.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:30 PM   #980
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Lets see some pics!

Been having issues with uploading pics here. One on it’s way to Carvana, the other in the garage
Attached Images