Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 08-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #57
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Here's a quick revision with a re-proportioned side view, revised front and back going with the traditional round lighting.
Name:  2016 Camaro R.jpg
Views: 1717
Size:  37.8 KB

I'm working on a more futuristic side view and will hopefully have something to post up later tonight when I get home from work.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #58
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here's a quick revision with a re-proportioned side view, revised front and back going with the traditional round lighting.
Attachment 541330

I'm working on a more futuristic side view and will hopefully have something to post up later tonight when I get home from work.
I love the rear of it! I'd say its perfect. The front end opening, how about the edges go more along the lines of (______) than the way its 5th gen shaped with the headlights a bit larger? Headlights may be the right size too though. The parking lamp/blinkers in the grille. Im trying to figure what would look good besides the dashes. Its 68ish I guess? Id say try circles maybe? The lower facia lamps, make them a little smaller in width maybe so that the upper and lower grilles can be more prevalent? At least the lower portion where air will enter below the bumper, make it much bigger and wider.I could be wrong, but american cars dont try to ignore the fact that they have a large space for a grille. Besides cars like the vette, I think they should have a larger looking grille imo. How about a stock full functioning front splitter as well? The hood, instead of sharp corners inside it, how anout rounding them? If you made the lower portion of the facia have a "larger mouth" and have it angled back towards the car then outwards where it begins to become the front splitter. not a huge angle but a little one maybe? see how you like it like that? As for the side of the car, I'm unsure about features to recommend right now.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!

Last edited by Wizard1183; 08-05-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #59
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Attachment 541330

You got it, on the rear quarter panel maybe a functional gill opening instead of a scoop, either that or nothing at all there or even a smaller scoop on the rocker like the late model 3 gen Camaro had.
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #60
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
But thats what the 5th gen is. A futuristic take on a classic car.

Not calling you out Fen, just making a statement...

The 5th gen was/is clearly a futuristic, aggressive modern interpretation of a classic car. It is not purely "retro" Look at the Challenger...that car looks most like its earlier self than the 2005 Mustang did of its earlier self, and the 2010 Camaro was even farther away than either of those two from its former self.

Again, sorry if its just me, but I strongly feel that retro does not describe the Camaro. Why do you think all the haters call it a "cartoon" car? B/c is has the bold look, the big lines, and the over the top feel that makes it stand out.

So lets say they create a new design for the 6th gen Camaro that doesn't look like the 5th gen. Thats fine, but I guarantee if they don't incorporate some of the classic lines that make a Camaro a Camaro people will b!itch and say "its not Camaro!". Hell...I would! So Chevy is going to have to incorporate something to help us identify with the car.

So when that happens...do we call it "retro"? No.

We don't call Porsche Boxter's or 911s 'retro', but that design is as old as time. Instead, they stuck with a design that just works.
That's not what I mean. Keep things like the wide front grille, quad element taillights, etc, but a ground-up design needs to happen soon. Not a modern take on a '69.

It's true that the 5th gen design has done well in the marketplace but it's time to move on. The rest of the industry has largely abandoned the neo-retro design fad that came up in the mid-2000s.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #61
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Honestly this is probably my favorite of the designs so far.

The only thing I'd correct is the fenders. Visually from the front, they're too wide. The side markers shouldn't really be that visible from the front view.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #62
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
The car definitely looks smaller now due to the larger greenhouse opening...I knew that would do the trick. It doesn't need to be as large as say, the Mustang and yours isn't.

But yes, the design envelope needs to be pushed more on the sides. Not sure what to do there, but something needs to set it more apart from 5th gen. Whats so damn sexy about the 5th gen, is from the side you have two swooping flowing curves that make up the full length of the car...the shorter curve for the back and then a longer curve from the back of the door to the very front of the hood. Its just gorgeous.

I like the change you made to the rear, adding a hard line to each side which looks nice and would really stand out on the metallic colors. It also looks like the butt was shortened up a bit which is good.

I'm not a big fan of the small round tail lights. I realize others here like them, and they have heritage, but I feel like its just too simple or too small to do anything "cool" with. I feel some sort of LED glow should be at play, but there could be a million different designs for that.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #63
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Honestly this is probably my favorite of the designs so far.

The only thing I'd correct is the fenders. Visually from the front, they're too wide. The side markers shouldn't really be that visible from the front view.
Agree.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #64
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
One thing about designing your own is unless you have all the information available to the new safety standards it's going to be hatd to come up with a design on your own that looks good and meet all the safety requirements for the next 5 or so years. I know the pedestrian impact standards are supposed to be tougher. So that could have an effect on front end shape, hood clearances ect.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #65
Wizard1183

How about something of this look? Its just a very rough draft as Im at work and its all I go to play with lol

Old 08-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #66
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
I could lower the belt line and raise the roof level as you suggested but then it starts to lose that hunkered down muscle look. I don't know the mechanical dimensions of the new platform so it's hard to guess at what the limitations are for proportions.
For what it's worth, since it's already been confirmed that the next Camaro is going to be on Alpha (and widely assumed to be the SWB version). I'd start with the dimensions of the ATS and work from there.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #67
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
Here's what I'd like to see based ona 2016 Camaro design concept:

Old 08-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #68
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
This I like!!!

Me too. That's one sleek and sexy Camaro design.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #69
Wizard1183

Yea but it needs work. The rear tail lamps aren't great. It needs a little change on the rear. The front of George's concept is appealing but I don't like the large bumper strap. It needs more breathable space at the bottom of it. It's very sleek though.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #70
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
This is all good discussion and feedback everyone; exactly what I was hoping for!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation