Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-21-2018, 06:40 AM   #1
cab33

Drives: Viper
19" Wheels for Autocross AS?

Any advice on the wheel options to go down to 19"(stock widths) for the 1LE?
cab33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:41 AM   #2
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I'm far from up to date on the SCCA rules but I though you could also up the width by 1" in street classes?

Maybe just play in CAM until next year. Hopefully the SS 1LE is being moved to B street.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:24 AM   #3
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
I'm far from up to date on the SCCA rules but I though you could also up the width by 1" in street classes?

Maybe just play in CAM until next year. Hopefully the SS 1LE is being moved to B street.
No, the wheel width has to remain stock. Only the diameter can be changed by 1" ( up or down).
You're also allowed a small amount of leeway on the offset, but not much. I think it's less than 3/8", I need to verify that though.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #4
Dwille

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Buzzberd is right. The offset has to be within 7.0 mm of the factory offset.

Rules are here:https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

Street class wheel rules are on page 64 section 13.4...

Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following:
13.4 WHEELS
A. It is the same width as standard and as installed it does not have an offset more than ±7.00 mm (±0.275”) from a standard wheel for the car. The resultant change in track dimensions is allowed.
B. Wheel (rim) diameter may be increased or decreased 1” from the stan- dard part. This change may be applied to the front, rear, or both axles.
Wheel spacers are permitted provided the resultant combination complies with the offset requirements of this Section. On vehicles supplied with an OE wheel spacer, the wheel spacer shall be considered as a part of the wheel. Wheel studs, lug nuts, valve stems (including pressure-relief types), and/or bolt length may be changed. Wheel bolts may be replaced with studs and nuts but the number of fasteners may not be changed. Tire pressure monitoring sensors may be removed.
Centerlock/Spline Drive/Knock-off type hubs may be converted to lug type hubs provided the resultant combination complies with the offset require- ments of this Section.

To answer the OP's question...we ran Forgestar CF5's on our fifth gen. 19 inch diameter, factory offsets. There are lots of vendors here on Camaro 6 that carry Forgestar and many other brands. Check out the wheels and tires section!
Dwille is offline   Reply With Quote