Drives: 1LE
This guy is flying a Sebring in 6th Gen

https://youtu.be/kPg4bJwi9Oc
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Andrew aquilante... hes also the guy testing the penske ahocks setup for the 6th gen right now

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:35 PM   #3
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Andrew aquilante... hes also the guy testing the penske ahocks setup for the 6th gen right now
Tell me more about these shocks
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:30 PM   #4
NickyRacerBoy

Andrew flys! Go to Phoenix Racing for info.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #5
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Wow! Very fast.

I am entertained!
Old 01-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
Tell me more about these shocks
well in a nutshell, people didn't know much about DSE/JRi shocks. so the post kinda turned a bit rough, but trying to explain what I knew hopefully helped some.

I rang up Penske to find out if they had anything available for us, like Moreno sourced out for the 5th gens when building their C5.R build, which was purely amazing the amount of detail that went into it.

they gave me some info on the one set that they had produced and Phoenix Performance was running em, and Aquilante was the driver.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=41

summed up, they exist. still in testing. recommend waiting for feedback from Phoenix Performance and aquilanted and basically suggested calling back in a few weeks to 2 months. and if you really really wanted a set, they could get you a set. but they aren't fully dialed in as of yet, so you would be getting a set that could be the bees knees or the devils bunghole depending on what you plan to do with em but they don't list em as of yet, and they also stated there is very very little demand outside of actual high end race teams (not the weekend racer), same as it was on the 5th gen.

roughly you're looking around 8600$ for em. the guy I talked to was completely knowledgeable as he was the one who more or less built em, and prob some of the best customer service on just info I've ever gotten.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #7
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Yeah, he's the guy that beat Aschenbach in the Camaro GT4.R at St. Pete last season, both races, in an old GTS Mustang Boss 302S...
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:18 PM   #8
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
I just watched the vid again.

That guy is fast, nice touch. Despite being out powered by the Vette and Viper, he was consistently out braking the leaders, going way deep in the zones. He was very consistent. Vette got loose a couple times and he held his line. I'm going to watch this kid. Impressive.

I wonder if any IMSA teams are looking at him.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #9
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
well in a nutshell, people didn't know much about DSE/JRi shocks. so the post kinda turned a bit rough, but trying to explain what I knew hopefully helped some.

I rang up Penske to find out if they had anything available for us, like Moreno sourced out for the 5th gens when building their C5.R build, which was purely amazing the amount of detail that went into it.

they gave me some info on the one set that they had produced and Phoenix Performance was running em, and Aquilante was the driver.

summed up, they exist. still in testing. recommend waiting for feedback from Phoenix Performance and aquilanted and basically suggested calling back in a few weeks to 2 months. and if you really really wanted a set, they could get you a set. but they aren't fully dialed in as of yet, so you would be getting a set that could be the bees knees or the devils bunghole depending on what you plan to do with em but they don't list em as of yet, and they also stated there is very very little demand outside of actual high end race teams (not the weekend racer), same as it was on the 5th gen.

roughly you're looking around 8600$ for em. the guy I talked to was completely knowledgeable as he was the one who more or less built em, and prob some of the best customer service on just info I've ever gotten.

So the first day I tracked my 1LE this car was @ NJ Motor Park @ Lighting course and Kurt Rezzetano was driving it and man the guy rolls!
Granted first day for me so was only rolling 1.13 but just at a test and tune Kurt was rolling around @ 1.18 which is fast for heavy ass car and a restrictor plate in the intake! Andrew and Kurt are professionals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Yeah, he's the guy that beat Aschenbach in the Camaro GT4.R at St. Pete last season, both races, in an old GTS Mustang Boss 302S...
When I was over at their shop, I live about 1 hour away, they were telling me how dialed that mustang is. They basically said for a car with a "stick" rear axle that is should not go as fast as it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post

That guy is fast, nice touch. Despite being out powered by the Vette and Viper, he was consistently out braking the leaders, going way deep in the zones. He was very consistent. Vette got loose a couple times and he held his line. I'm going to watch this kid. Impressive.

Good question. Hopefully so!
Old 01-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:

I see... ouch thats a high price for sure.

I was working with MCS on some shocks and theirs were about half the price. Still... gets a man thinking.... like why i spend all this money on autocross lol
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:35 PM   #11
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
He has brass balls. Nice to see a 6th Gen in the ‘teens’ at Sebring.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:04 PM   #12
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post

Yeah, good quextion. He CONSISTENTLY is at the SCCA runoffs and wins a lot. Also ran PWC full seasons for a bit.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote