Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-24-2018, 11:34 AM   #29
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
True but it's cheaper in the long run then changing cam, heads, injectors, fuel pump. All you need is a smaller pulley and this fuel system...will make more power.

We know how it goes, with Pray's cam and drop in pistons, the above fuel system could go to 800 engine HP... LOL, and then the turbo 400, dana 60 and wheel tubs appear. , it is a drug. I ran a big block street / strip Dart for almost 40 years that went mild to wild, in the end I put it back to stock. well it still had the built engine but with a normal cam. and HP exhaust manifolds, I've done both the standard B body driver's side and a modified C body driver's side. It did have fenderwell headers since highschool... so a huge change. The stock driver side manifold it was useless trying to develop HP.

So to my mind it is kind of fun to watch many board members do the same as I did in the 70s, incremental builds and supporting mods. I always build to a design goal, if my goal was 800 HP engine, it would be a chassis: dana 60 tubs, turbo 400, stand alone EFI on the MSD intake.

My design goal is a DD with a 305 section 220 wear or better tire able to bring it when needed, not well if this was at the track, and if I had my drag pack on, and if I had my meth tank filled, and if I had traction, I would have won.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:09 AM   #30
YoungFamous
Amos6.2Jr

Drives: 21 A10 2SS 1LE
Whats the cost like to increase stroke?
YoungFamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #31
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Texas Speed has a stroker kit, since I want blower and forged internals, I did NOT do the stroker. I still don't know the bearing issue and what modification the block needs, the stock main and the thrust bearing welded to it...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:07 AM   #32
Katech_Zach

Drives: 14 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Texas Speed has a stroker kit, since I want blower and forged internals, I did NOT do the stroker. I still don't know the bearing issue and what modification the block needs, the stock main and the thrust bearing welded to it...
Oldman,

We'd love to help you with your new engine. I'm going to follow up with a PM to you.

As far as your bearing concerns, you will either need a chamfered/radiused bearing or you will need to add the chamfer/radius to the bearing yourself.
Katech_Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #33
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
FYI - Manley has modified Clevite bearings that are chamfered for the larger radius already. They are tri-metal style bearings.

Rods - pn 30010
Mains - pn 33110H or 33110HX (HX = additional .001” main clearance)

I believe Jegs and Summit stock both.

I am contemplating the complete Manley rotating assembly myself for a 416.