Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #155
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I can speak from my experience with driving an M3 (with Bilsteins) as well as my GT500 it's actually quite a difference between the two suspension modes. It's undoubtedly stiffer than say MSRC but not to the degree that some people say (of course I have a different idea of what is stiff compared to the average person, my Camaro for example is looser than Pam Anderson IMO)

I agree that it would probably be too much of a cost to be standard unfortunately...

And yes I just started a GIF war with you!!!
Whatever you need to believe to make you feel better about your..."shortcomings"...

Do not disagree, though. I've never driven with Bilsteins...and I'm openly a MagRide "fanboy". )
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #156
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
..............i wanna see more "Panics DuJour!"
Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #157
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
..............i wanna see more "Panics DuJour!"
Welcome to Camaro5, kind sir!

We offer a selection of varying panics du jour, one for each day of the week at the discretion of our fine patrons. All of our dishes are prepared in-house using a recipe passed down for nearly 5 years!

Please take a moment to look over our menu:

Headlights brulee

SS grille con fail

Weight a la mode

Interior wish a side of pre-production texturing

Stuffed side-view mirror puffs

And presenting new additions:

No-V8 trifle

Poached new-gen design
Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #158
LT4Lover
LT4Lover

Drives: 2011 SG 2SS/RS,'97 30th Z28 SS LT4
Definately should have cooled front seats, also the color-coded grid in the rear camera view, and how about some more high-impact colors reminiscent of the muscle car era!
LT4Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #159
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Chevy should do exactly what Ford is doing IMO. The Benchmark for the 6th Generation Mustang GT is, allegedly to exceed, the Current BOSS 302. The next Generation Camaro SS/Z28 (Whichever it is, really the Z28 should be the track oriented model) should match or exceed the current 1LE Package. No more of that handling like a boat BS like the 2010+ Camaro without the 1LE Package...
I don't think that the 6th gen Camaro is working under the same conditions as the upcoming generation Mustang. It's going to be a bit easier for Ford to set the new IRS GT at or above the current stick-axle Boss level simply because there's suddenly more NVH and ride quality headroom to work with. Once you're at IRS with a fairly seriously developed suspension and wheel/tire package, the gains tend to be smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The ride of the 1LE and Boss can be somewhat harsh for the non-track daily-drivers out there buying GTs and SSs, though...I think it's a good thing to make such superior suspension calibrations optional.
You have to keep them optional. Otherwise the package would either be unsatisfactory to most of the people at one end of the spectrum if it was tuned for the folks at the other, or not entirely satisfactory to many at both ends if an attempt is made to find a single hopefully acceptable point somewhere in the middle.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #160
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
3000lbs 500hp 500 tq z28
Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #161
whiteknight012

Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS (1LT) CGM/BLK
Two words:

T.
Tops.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #162
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I don't really understand the "cartoonish" comments about the Camaro. It looks almost exactly like the concept Camaro, which was a jaw dropping design at the time, and still turns heads even today. Not trying to be an A-hole here, but sorry if your not into it, you are clearly in the minority.

I wouldn't mind a little better visibility, but the high beltline is one of the reasons the car looks so damn good. If that was lowered, it would look awkward. GM, do what you must to make the next design just as killer as this one.

Make the car lighter, and feel more nimble out on the road, and you have a winner. If the current car had those traits, it would still be top dog in the performance categories.
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #163
tony_c

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, 2010 Equinox LTZ
New Hydro Silver paint
Less weight
More Z28
RS lights on all models
Bigger Spoilers on all models
Z28
Twin Turbo V6
Direct Injection V8
Z28
New Upper grill, not like the ZL1. Maybe like the Leno
Gills that you can see
New Rear Diffuser
Z28
Redesigned interior to make it even more sick
2014 release year
and Go Sabres
tony_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #164
cmoz28

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS LS3
Twin-Turbo V6
Z/28
Completely Redesigned Interior (but keep it retro)
More Customization
cmoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #165
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
1. Improved acceleration against Mustang variants.
2. Reduced weight.
3. Distinctive styling with cues to the camaros of yesteryear. Refrain from using contemporary japanese or european styling trends.
4. Don't even think about a turbo v6 for the Camaro SS and above. It would be better to eliminate the 'SS than to compromise it with a 6 or 4 cylinder engine.
5. More exciting color choices. For me, the 5th gen left me wanting a bit for enticing color choices. The ABM was a nice start but since it was eliminated, I was left without a suitable replacement (BRM and CRT were nice choices though).

The fifth gen did a great job in resurrecting the camaro. The camaro has to gain a bit more ground in its acceleration and power numbers with the top of the line camaro going forward.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #166
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Paint.................. it currently sucks!!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #167
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Welcome to Camaro5, kind sir!

We offer a selection of varying panics du jour, one for each day of the week at the discretion of our fine patrons. All of our dishes are prepared in-house using a recipe passed down for nearly 5 years!

Please take a moment to look over our menu:

Headlights brulee

SS grille con fail

Weight a la mode

Interior wish a side of pre-production texturing

Stuffed side-view mirror puffs

And presenting new additions:

No-V8 trifle

Poached new-gen design
Oh my!

You're as surly as I am!!!!!

(...I KNEW I liked you for some reason!!!)

to everyone else: Just kidding!

We ARE looking at your notes.

Some are doable - some are not.

Further, you're very well represented by our "12 Disciples of which there are 15!"
Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #168
fbodfather

ah yes -- hideaway headlamps.

Now - before I go further: I LOVED hide-away headlamps on the 1st gens - as well as Corvette and Caprice (68, 69) and El Dorado (67 and 68) --

That said: has anyone EVER seen a 1st Gen Camaro where the headlamp doors align properly?

Also - it adds a ton of weight.

What IS true: lighting comes in several forms today -- does it HAVE to have doors? What about 'hidden' behind grille bars?

I see some good stuff here....but a word of caution: I want you to think about the weight issue. How important is it? Remember -- the car must remain 'refined' as the 5th gen in terms of everyday use - and it must earn a 5-star crash rating. I bring this up because if you look thru the thread - there are many "lose weight!" followed by "Cooled seats" ( +weight!) "Cimate Control" ( ++ weight) "Hideaway headllights" ( + weight!) "T-tops" (++++++++++++++++ weight!) etc.

Take some time and think it thru............we're listening.

(...but while our engineers are amazing, they haven't yet figured out how to change the rules of physics......they're workin' on it...........but...........)

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation