Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
1976Bee
Bumblebee

Drives: 2010 Yellow w/ Black 1SS
Easter Eggs

Are there any Easter egg abilities within the camaro that are not mentioned within the user's manual?

My Co-worker with a G8 GXP mentioned he found out the following:

washer mod in the exhaust subwoofer gain only turned up 35% - changed it to 100% and system sounds amazing now

night mode - hold two buttons on the dash and it kills all lights in the cabin except the speedo

pollution mode - AC mode that takes in air from outside only when you are going over 15 MPH otherwise it recycles cabin air

Lets see what we can find?

-=Chevy Pride=-
1976Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
oh man this is gonna be a cool thread

Push 1 Button and transforms

lol

( i wish i had my camaro now) :(
Old 07-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
1976Bee
Bumblebee

Yeah. . . my coworker was like "start researching about your car now, cuz i found out a ton of cool stuff about my car that isnt documented" as mentioned above seems like some cool features.

-=Chevy Pride=-
Old 07-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
len56

Drives: 2010, or 2011 Yellow Camaro2LT
press and hold phone, hold AC MAX, call 756 892 7263, push the gas pedal all the way to the floor, push the brake pedal all the way to the floor, open the doors and sunroof within one second of each other, and honk the horn...

then it should transform

good luck to anyone trying it...

len56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #5
1976Bee
Bumblebee

Quote:
press and hold phone, hold AC MAX, call 756 892 7263, push the gas pedal all the way to the floor, push the brake pedal all the way to the floor, open the doors and sunroof within one second of each other, and honk the horn...

then it should transform

good luck to anyone trying it...
What if we dont have the sunroof option? :O

-=Chevy Pride=-
Old 07-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
1976Bee
Bumblebee

No real hidden things? :o Im suprised!!

-=Chevy Pride=-
Old 07-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #7
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Here is a real Easter egg I did not see documented anywhere in the manual.

Press and hold the traction control button for 7 seconds and it will turn off both traction control (TC) and launch control (squiggle burn out light with off next to it).
Try it; you will notice both the TC and the squiggle light with off next to it are both lit at the same time. If you follow the manuals way of doing this, press once to turn TC off, press twice to turn launch control on. Launch control still uses traction control which is still a nanny.

Press and hold for 7 seconds to stick a sock in the nanny’s mouth and lock her in her room so you can burn as much rubber as you please and slide that car anyway you want.

WARNING! You will not have any traction control what so ever, you will actually need to know how to drive the car else you may wreck it.
CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:22 AM   #8
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS_300_HEMI_C View Post
Here is a real Easter egg I did not see documented anywhere in the manual.

Press and hold the traction control button for 7 seconds and it will turn off both traction control (TC) and launch control (squiggle burn out light with off next to it).
Try it; you will notice both the TC and the squiggle light with off next to it are both lit at the same time. If you follow the manuals way of doing this, press once to turn TC off, press twice to turn launch control on. Launch control still uses traction control which is still a nanny.

Press and hold for 7 seconds to stick a sock in the nanny’s mouth and lock her in her room so you can burn as much rubber as you please and slide that car anyway you want.

WARNING! You will not have any traction control what so ever, you will actually need to know how to drive the car else you may wreck it.

Is this for real or are you just BSn like the other guys?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #9
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
It's been documented on several occasions that holding the TC button for 7 seconds disables both traction control and launch control. He is serious.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #10
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
This may not be an easter egg, but my dealer told me about this and I think it's awesome... when changing lanes, if you just tap your turn signal up or down (don't push it all the way, and don't hold it), it will blink 3 times and then stop. It's cool because you don't have to turn the signal on and then turn it off after you're done changing lanes

I don't know if any other cars have this feature (they probably do), but it's new to me and I thought it was cool

I'd like to know any other cool little tips like this. This thread has some potential!

DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #11
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
keep em coming
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #12
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
hidden airbags that allow you to raise/lower the car w/ the onboard air compressor..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #13
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
This may not be an easter egg, but my dealer told me about this and I think it's awesome... when changing lanes, if you just tap your turn signal up or down (don't push it all the way, and don't hold it), it will blink 3 times and then stop. It's cool because you don't have to turn the signal on and then turn it off after you're done changing lanes

I don't know if any other cars have this feature (they probably do), but it's new to me and I thought it was cool

I'd like to know any other cool little tips like this. This thread has some potential!

YES! my jetta has that feature, & I love it..was going to be sad to see it go, but alas, the Camaro has it!!!
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #14
The Viz

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post

I love this on all the new GM vehicles. Same thing with the key. You only need to bump it to the start position and let off and the car will fire up.

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote