Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #43
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
So far:
Hennessy CAI, Max Energy Programmer, SLP Loudmouth (ordered 8/7 still waiting on delivery ) tinted windows legal on door windows and 15% side windows and back. Ordered matte black bowtie decals, matte black decal for mail slot. My husband wants to order the dove tail spoiler when it comes out but I dunno about that!
2010 Camaro 2SS IOM/Black Interior/Black Hood & Hockey Stripes #26,805
Ordered 1/30/09 as a surprise for me by the best husband ever! Delivered 8/6/09 to me!!!

camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #44
giod

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 VIN#6621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
Only had mine for 3 weeks and trying to let my account recover from the down payment.

What I've done:
Tinted windows
Blacked out bow ties
Removed GM badge & Ordered 2 Red SS badges
Removed Engine Cover (did not throw mine in lake like Rodimus but decided to hang it on garage wall )

What I'm doing in 2 weeks:
Corsa Exhaust
ADM CAI
Sway Bars
Doug Thorley Shorties (maybe)
Revolution SS Ram Air Hood (If they PM the dimensions or in car video so I can see if there is visibility issues)
Dovetail spoiler
Dyno Tuned

Then I must step back, take a breath and enjoy before I receive my next bank statement.
Where did you order the 2 red ss badges, and how much, and how was the install? where did you get your blacked out bowties ebay? how much. PICS? I just put on the DT shorties on my car..
giod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #45
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I have done a couple of things on my own. used dark window tint on side markers and bowties . It looks better than you think and enybody can do it . Did i mention cheaper than buying black bowties and side markers. I also had [on my childerens request] disepticon logos made for hood,door sills,engine cover,and disepticon head logos for front fenders just above the gm emblums. changed mass air flo with jet mass air flo and cold air intake when it comes in. headers will follow when avail. mufflers and ex pipe. my car is cgm 2lt rs black stripes. My rs kicks ass ! when i fig camera out i hope to post pics for all to drool over. Ive stayed with stuf i could do myself ps. thanks to chris my rs disepticon now sports CAMARO5 sticks on side windows . I recamend these sticks highly. tops off all mods.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #46
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Ok, I wanted mine to fit in everywhere, so I went stripeless. I did want it to sound better, I cut the exhaust off and had stainless pipes installed to replace them. It sounds much better now.

I added quarter flares when it was delivered...This has really saved my car.
Tinted to 30%.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #47
2010cantwait
not waiting anymore

Drives: vehicles
I drove mine, changed the oil in it, then drove it some more. Don't know what to do to it- I like it the way it is....
Old 09-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #48
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Black 2SS/RS M6

What I've done
Blackout Bowties
Remove SS Badges
Tune
Moved SS badge to dash
Custom plate frame

Up Next
Marker and Reverse ligh tint: Maybe this week
Tint windows: Next spring
Roto-Fab CAI: Next month
SW cat-back: This winter
SW headers: Summer after next
3.90 Gear: Same time as headers
Cam: A while
Suspension: Same as cam
Tires and Wheels: When it's paid off
Flat black BB stripes: When I get wheels
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:07 AM   #49
jamnutz

Drives: 02 Formula/2010SS/many others
Nitto 555R Dr's 305/35/20's
Nitrous outlet 5th Gen plate kit, with a bunch of goodies
Roto Fab Cai
Dual Qtec's with Controller
SLP Loud Mouth Offroad Axle Back
BMR Trailing Arms
Hendrix Engineering Axles
New Version of HP tuners VCM, only had old style cable for my 02 Formula.

Not everything is installed, I'm on a Drill Ship on the way from Singapore to Cape Town, when I get home I'll tighten up the install's & it's going to RWTD for a dyno tune. Will have a nitrous tune and motor tune.

No apperance mods yet, waiting to see what kinds of drag pack wheels other companies may come out with. Then probably just tint the window's.

Have a big week long event coming up in Oct, www.cruisinthecoast.com, after that it's going in for a custom turbo kit and the nitrous kit will be used for quick spool off of the line due to not having an auto to spool it up against. Once I recover from the turbo kit purchase, it will get a hardened low compression motor so I can run loads of BOOST.

Been trying to keep my mods a secret, all of my buddies think I'll be rolling in a Stock SS for the cruise & will be racing my Turbo Regal or My Syclone, but I'm going to try to come out hard with the SS.

So if any of you who know me, you know who you are read this thread and spill the beans, it's going to be on like Ike and Tina & I'm gonna be IKE.
1991 GMC Syclone Built motor, big turbo, meth
99 Z28, Futral built stock CI LS1, TFS 215 heads, Fast 102/NW102, NX fogger, full suspension including anti roll bar, custom Rossler 4L60 with hybrid Auto/Manual VB, AC, just your every day 9 second street car.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4A141oh_jo
New Project 90 Fox Body, LS1 Swap X-275 Race car. Shootin for the 4's.
jamnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #50
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
That intake is sick man! Does it have to have it's own chamber? Car looks amazing! Wish I had your kinda dough, but keep going. Looks like your creativity is kicking ass and taking names. Was it difficult for you to have the exhaust mounted with the rear ground effects? I listened to that exhaust you have on your car and it is a little underwhelming. Not knocking your car whatsoever. Just wish they sounded a bit meaner. Hope to see more later!
Here's another version of the intake you may like! This is the plastic inlet elbow with CF hydragraphics applied.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #51
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
put one of these in it .
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #52
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
washed it a bunch of times
waxed it twice
looked at it endlessly
drove around a lot with no place to be at
oh yah I had rally stripes painted on
waxed it again
Old 09-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #53
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossrs2150 View Post
put one of these in it .
I have one of those to put in it.. maybe put in front for some pics too..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #54
nessa131
Nessa131

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IBM
If my camaro ever gets here- it will go in the custom shop on that monday and have:
(my car is the IBM rs package)

1. La Mans style silver has marks on both front fenders
2. side gill decals in silver as well
3. interior ambient blue lighting across the dash--- thanks to techboxx 2ssrs and everyone else that worked so hard on camaro5 to make this feature possible!!! Thank You!!!!!!
4. blue led lamps in the top lamps as well
5. door sills custom

that;s about it--- for now! I talked to my custom guy that is doing all of my work- and he says that if you get the paint protection kit done- the edges of it catch dirt and you can never get it off- so there is always a line where the film is- I saw his restored vette and he put it where the T-Tops were only and it does show dirt --bad. My husband has it as well on his truck and it looks bad as well. I would suggest if you do it- to put it on the whole car- that way there are no "dirt edges"- or you could have the put the spray on kind. but it looks like a clear bedliner- it is textured.

I opted not to do the protection kit- until they come out with something that is completely invisible!- but that's just my opinion
nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #55
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
I have one of those to put in it.. maybe put in front for some pics too..
we can get more of them at orchard beach on the 27th of sept ,big car show .

Last edited by camarossrs2150; 09-13-2009 at 04:14 PM.
camarossrs2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #56
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
check my sig for current mods, and my future upgrades include:
-blacked out bowties
-long tube headers, no cats...not sure what brand yet
-HID fog lights(yes, no daytime running lights)
-vector motorsports tune
-vararam cai
-custom stereo, 2 re sx 12's with 1500W rms of memphis power!