Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-02-2015, 08:42 PM   #71
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Just heard back from the dealership, 2x , 1st time they told me nothing was wrong with it except it was a half quart low on oil I told them to check again as the noise was in the front by the belt , They call back about 2 hours later and say " I had them look at it again , The mechanic said it is just the camshaft extractor doors opening at full capacity when starting up. everything is fine and it is ready to be picked up . "
Couple things here it makes the sound at various times and after driving for miles not just on start up . I have owned the car for 4 years now and this is a new noise , Now I dont know what to do?? Any suggestions . Should I just continue driving it till the sounds get more defined / louder? Thanks
Camshaft extractor door? Thats a new on on me.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #72
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
Camshaft extractor door? Thats a new on on me.
Same here, Never heard of it, on any motor.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:07 AM   #73
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Just heard back from the dealership, 2x , 1st time they told me nothing was wrong with it except it was a half quart low on oil I told them to check again as the noise was in the front by the belt , They call back about 2 hours later and say " I had them look at it again , The mechanic said it is just the camshaft extractor doors opening at full capacity when starting up. everything is fine and it is ready to be picked up . "
Couple things here it makes the sound at various times and after driving for miles not just on start up . I have owned the car for 4 years now and this is a new noise , Now I dont know what to do?? Any suggestions . Should I just continue driving it till the sounds get more defined / louder? Thanks
Take it to another dealer.......
Old 11-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #74
Unotme

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Stretched timing chain

I recently just had my timing chain replaced because it was stretched.. i have a 2010 camaro ls .. car has alot more power now than before .. way big difference
Unotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #75
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unotme View Post
I recently just had my timing chain replaced because it was stretched.. i have a 2010 camaro ls .. car has alot more power now than before .. way big difference
How much did you pay?

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:20 AM   #76
murph

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro ABM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unotme View Post
Yea, curious how much you paid here as well. My dealer is saying close to 2k once it is completed.

I am thinking of seeing if they would cut me a break on the trade in if I went with them for the 2016 Camaro. Not sure I could get what I would want for it in a private sale with this issue.
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:57 AM   #77
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph View Post
Yea, curious how much you paid here as well. My dealer is saying close to 2k once it is completed.

I am thinking of seeing if they would cut me a break on the trade in if I went with them for the 2016 Camaro. Not sure I could get what I would want for it in a private sale with this issue.
Your dealer is high, try another dealer. You do not have to pull the engine like the Acadia.
Should be a little over 1g.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:55 AM   #78
2010LT2RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Anyone know why GM has not addressed this issue formally? Too costly? Not enough failures yet?

GM customer service clearly feels as though it is not an issue that GM needs to be responsible for (I have an early production 2010 LT). I contacted them about extended coverage (For the second set of chains that will now be replaced at about 35,000 mile intervals) and I received the "we will see what the district manager can offer" explanation.
2010LT2RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #79
RoboJokes

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010LT2RS View Post
Anyone know why GM has not addressed this issue formally? Too costly? Not enough failures yet?

GM customer service clearly feels as though it is not an issue that GM needs to be responsible for (I have an early production 2010 LT). I contacted them about extended coverage (For the second set of chains that will now be replaced at about 35,000 mile intervals) and I received the "we will see what the district manager can offer" explanation.
I am in a similar situation, the stance seems to be that once we are past the 5 year mark it is our responsibility. From reading the countless threads both here and on forums of other vehicles that use this engine this is addressed for those vehicles but for some reason the 2010 Camaro in particular keeps getting ignored.
When I brought my car in (Nov/Dec 2015) the Service Adviser went straight to the manager and then came back telling it is most likely a rebuilt or replace. There was no need to diagnose the problem which tells me they are well aware of the issue and is becoming a 'try to charge the customer' situation or keep it quite for fear of hurting the reputation.
I am currently trying to work with GM Canada to resolve it but despite their inability to counter any of logical and fact based questions I get the distinct impression they are playing the our hands are tied game. However, as long as GM Canada is still working with me I will continue to push further for a resolution.
I fear the only way to get a mass resolution that is clearly needed for so many of us that are experiencing this, especially as the warranty period of the 2010/11 expires, is through the courts.
By all means PM me especially if you're a lawyer, joking aside I will gladly share all my research and perhaps as collective enthusiasts we can send a stronger message.

Last edited by RoboJokes; 12-29-2015 at 09:31 AM.
RoboJokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:08 AM   #80
W4rMach1ne

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT1
Makes me nervous to drive my baby.
W4rMach1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:53 PM   #81
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
So I have the CEL and all the symptoms and now I dont know what to do. Car only has 50k miles and is a 2010 that was delivered to me June 09

This is truly bs
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #82
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Straight to the dealership, one with a good reputable service dept for you! Good luck & keep us posted.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #83
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Will keep you guys posted. Hate dealing with dealers
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #84
maverickmage

Drives: Camaro V6 LS
Damn... makes me nervous. I have a 2011 Camaro with only 21k miles on it... with 5 years ending right around the corner, makes me worried what the future will hold.
maverickmage is offline   Reply With Quote