Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #29
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
In these threads I always wonder why people stop with the badges... as if there is something more honorable about having one model with tons of parts from another without badges. I say add the badges too and make us enthusiastic followers have to work at this.

This car and the mods should always reveal the owners personality not create it. Those are the posers.... the Camaro guys who behind the wheel think they are something they are not. Have 'em walk ten feet from the car and the cool falls right off 'em. Have seen this at shows a ton. It is really ok to be a nerd with a cool car, just don't think that makes you cool.

To thine own self be true.

Ok everyone, back to your coffee.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #30
Secret Squirrel

Drives: 1965 Chevelle Malibu
I don't think it's posing at all. You're not trying to pass your car off as a ZL1, you just like the look of certain body parts. I have every intention of swapping out for a ZL1 front end eventually. It is just a mean looking bumper and I love the look of it. Do what makes you happy man.
Secret Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #31
dshep214

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ssRS Ls3
My wheels are similar to zl1 wheels. If they were all black they would be even closer.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jemz2u
Old 04-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #32
powerslave
Assembly: April 12/12

Drives: A Self-Propelled Mechanical Vehicle
Make it look however you want; it's your car.

Putting a ZL1 badge would be a big fail though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
...as if there is something more honorable about having one model with tons of parts from another without badges. I say add the badges too and make us enthusiastic followers have to work at this.
There is something more honorable about not badging(sp) it... if you like the front fascia of a ZL1 better then pop it on, but it doesn't make a 330 HP car a 580 HP car. I don't see any "lies" in modding the looks however you want but if you stick a "ZL1" or "Corvette" or "Lamborghini" logo on the back then yeah it's a different ball game.

But that's just my(and most people's here) "opinion" and yours is contrary, whatever, it's still the ops car and choice; he asked people's opinion.
powerslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #33
maverickmage

Drives: Camaro V6 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
I absolutely love how the ZL1 looks, there are no body kits I like compared to the ZL1's. I love the hood, I love the front bumper, and side rockers, the rims. I have a 2012 SS but a ZL1 was way out of my price range. I don't want to pretend I have a ZL1 and I would never put ZL1 badges on it, If i got the ZL1 hood I would put SS badges on both sides.... quesiton is Do you think it is posing if I got the ZL1 body parts and put it on my SS? I don't think it is as bad as putting those parts on a V6 Camaro, SS actually has LOTS of power and the ZL1 look would fit it I believe... Also are there aftermarket rims similar to the ZL1's? I see that they are very expensive. Thank you!
lol. Sorry, but it's as bad as putting one on a v6. Neither one produces the power that the zl1 does. Just because one makes more than the other doesn't magically make it MORE qualified, you would just be trying to justify it to yourself. If you think a v6 shouldn't have it, than the SS shouldn't have it. Take from that what you will.
maverickmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #34
powerslave
Assembly: April 12/12

Drives: A Self-Propelled Mechanical Vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmage View Post
lol. Sorry, but it's as bad as putting one on a v6. Neither one produces the power that the zl1 does. Just because one makes more than the other doesn't magically make it MORE qualified, you would just be trying to justify it to yourself. If you think a v6 shouldn't have it, than the SS shouldn't have it. Take from that what you will.
It's the same as putting it on any car that is not a ZL1, you're right.

A V6 is much closer to a SS V8 than an SS V8 is to a ZL1 haha...

V6 323 hp to
SS V8 400hp (or 426)
ZL1 580 hp

lol.... as I heard a weirdo say on storage wars "The world of fairy tales!"
powerslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #35
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
It's walking on a fine line. But since the ZL1 pieces offer performance advantage, I don't see any problems with it.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #36
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
I absolutely love how the ZL1 looks, there are no body kits I like compared to the ZL1's. I love the hood, I love the front bumper, and side rockers, the rims. I have a 2012 SS but a ZL1 was way out of my price range. I don't want to pretend I have a ZL1 and I would never put ZL1 badges on it, If i got the ZL1 hood I would put SS badges on both sides.... quesiton is Do you think it is posing if I got the ZL1 body parts and put it on my SS? I don't think it is as bad as putting those parts on a V6 Camaro, SS actually has LOTS of power and the ZL1 look would fit it I believe... Also are there aftermarket rims similar to the ZL1's? I see that they are very expensive. Thank you!
I was fine with your comment until you suddenly thought it was MORE ok to do it on an SS than a V6.....which is no different. It is the same level of posing. If you think a V6 shouldn't do it, then you shouldn't do it on your SS either.

Otherwise, I say its fine as long as you aren't using ZL1 badges. I actually just added ZL1 rockers to my car. Not sure I'd be comfortable adding every single piece, but thats just me. If someone else wants to do it, I'm cool with that.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #37
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
This was my point. The OPs original post answered his own question but also pointed out that its ok for one vs the other. Just imho... Cheers.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #38
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave View Post
Make it look however you want; it's your car.

Putting a ZL1 badge would be a big fail though.

There is something more honorable about not badging(sp) it... if you like the front fascia of a ZL1 better then pop it on, but it doesn't make a 330 HP car a 580 HP car. I don't see any "lies" in modding the looks however you want but if you stick a "ZL1" or "Corvette" or "Lamborghini" logo on the back then yeah it's a different ball game.

But that's just my(and most people's here) "opinion" and yours is contrary, whatever, it's still the ops car and choice; he asked people's opinion.
Why does mine have to always be the contrary one?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #39
KBruno

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
If you're worried about other people thinking you're a poser you shouldn't have bought a Camaro in the first place. Personally, I don't care what other people think. I like looking at my car. I love driving my car. I keep noodling about doing the complete ZL1 conversion minus badging partly because of the looks but mostly because of the aerodynamics. What Chevy did there is really cool and even the parts that can be seen are lost on most people, even Camaro drivers. So, if you like it, go for it and quit worrying about the people who think you're driving a Mustang anyway.
KBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #40
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
posing is posing, call it what you will. I pose the V8 front look, so what it's my car. I don't pretend to be any faster, until I get twins
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #41
silentdoom
Silentdoom.com

Drives: 11' Synergy SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
posing is posing, call it what you will. I pose the V8 front look, so what it's my car. I don't pretend to be any faster, until I get twins
what would be funny is if you raced an SS who pretends to be fast and they had twins as well
Old 04-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #42
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdoom View Post
what would be funny is if you raced an SS who pretends to be fast and they had twins as well
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote