Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #29
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
One of them over on M6 just tried to argue that the Camaro wont run as well as the ATS-V because not all athletes with the same build as Usain Bolt are as fast as he is. Where do they come up with this stuff?

Also to answer "garagelogic's" question in the "Usain Bolt" post, some of us have tried to post over there under the same name but have been shadowbanned, I guess, since we don't participate in other parts of the forum... I signed up over there to try to correct misinformation that was being sprayed. None of my posts were disrespectful in any way, just trying to chime into the debate and be respectful but none of my posts ever make it through so I gave up. Only thing I could try is to sign up with another name (although I haven't done so yet). Perhaps that's happened to many others as well.
I get what he is saying. I don't believe the SS will be a direct copy of the ATS-V, for obvious reasons, but his comparison was just dumb. The differences between two human beings would be pretty huge.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #30
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
To lazy to look, isn't the CTS-V all wheel drive?
No, I believe they thought about it or are considering it for the ATS-V+ but its meant to be a 3 series competitor, [sarcasm] with AWD itd be against the GT-R [/sarcasm]
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:35 PM   #31
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
To lazy to look, isn't the CTS-V all wheel drive?
Rear wheel drive. About $85K plus options. Supercharged V-8 engine.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:43 PM   #32
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
The ATS-V starts at 61k msrp, your going to end up paying around 70k for it.

With everything the SS is around 50k. With that being said I think its fair to assume the ATSV is going to out preform the SS. GMC is known for better chassis and suspension ect...

I would bet a good amount of money that the SS is going to do 12.4-12.6 in the quarter mile.
Agreed, I'm not expecting a 12.1 A8 time from the mag reviews. But then again there were many that thought the first 12.1 time for the ATS-V was a ringer. We have seen proof it is not now. Power to weight should be very close. The tires will be the difference. 12.4 should be easily in the grasp of it and will best the Scat Pack mag times. Seems like the target Team Camaro was shooting for, better than a 1LE on the track, better than a Scat Pack at the strip.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #33
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I'm an idiot, I meant that the ATS-V was all AWD I think it's neat that Gen 6 will have some Cadillac DNA. ATS-V and CTS-V are some serious cars!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #34
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Question

Why doesn't GM give different choices on tires at car delivery new for an upcharge? Pilot Super Sports are nice tires -- ride them on all fours in my current Camaro SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
And the C7 and ATS-V are completely different platforms. The Camaro and ATS share the same platform architecture, but the Camaro at the same time has been customized for its application. They maybe separate divisions but they are using the same R&D and components. To me the tires are the big difference. This will probably put the 1/4 times about a tenth or two behind for the 6th gen.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:11 PM   #35
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
Why doesn't GM give different choices on tires at car delivery new for an upcharge? Pilot Super Sports are nice tires -- ride them on all fours in my current Camaro SS.
I wouldn't even if they offered them unless they were cheaper than I could source some replacements. Usually can get a much better deal off Tire Rack installed vs paying a dealer/oem price. Now if they offered the option of A/S RFTs or Summer tires for no charge, sign me up.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #36
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It's still the alpha platform. Just because it's been modified for the Camaro doesn't mean it won't be an excellent base for the car.
I never meant for it to sound like I think it won't be a great car just saying its not as close as some think. Hell its probably closer to the cts than a ats. Hence why I'm worried about weight.
Quote:
One of them over on M6 just tried to argue that the Camaro wont run as well as the ATS-V because not all athletes with the same build as Usain Bolt are as fast as he is. Where do they come up with this stuff?

Also to answer "garagelogic's" question in the "Usain Bolt" post, some of us have tried to post over there under the same name but have been shadowbanned, I guess, since we don't participate in other parts of the forum... I signed up over there to try to correct misinformation that was being sprayed. None of my posts were disrespectful in any way, just trying to chime into the debate and be respectful but none of my posts ever make it through so I gave up. Only thing I could try is to sign up with another name (although I haven't done so yet). Perhaps that's happened to many others as well.
I had no issue with that and I question them all the time.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:59 PM   #37
Cmyskill
17 ZL1 what a car....

Drives: 2021 M S PLAID, 2017 ZL1 A10 White
Send a message via AIM to Cmyskill
From what I watched/heard was the Cadillac beat the benz in every performance category, but yet they gave the benz the victory???? I agree the V8 makes a difference but so does a $16,000.00 price difference. The benz did have a better interior but the opening statement was all about performance and handling correct?

Cmyskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #38
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
I never meant for it to sound like I think it won't be a great car just saying its not as close as some think. Hell its probably closer to the cts than a ats. Hence why I'm worried about weight.

Why would it be closer to the CTS, other than because thePill keeps saying it is?

Old 09-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #39
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post

I had no issue with that and I question them all the time.
Every article and quote always mentions the Alpha platform from the ATS. You rarely see any relation to the CTS. So why do you think that?
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:45 PM   #40
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:

Funny how when comparing automatically means the Camaro will be a lot slower?...what happens if its the other way around? And honestly if they are as close in power and weight and gearing as we think...its just not likely they will be very far apart. Whether or not they want to accept it the laws of physics don't care.

The human being comparison is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. And again...why does the Camaro have to be worse? I get the point but terrible analogy.

I don't agree in the cannibalism thing either. two totally different cars with different price ranges and potential buyers. If for some reason the Camaro is faster than the ats-v (which I doubt for the record) I don't see how that would cause a big problem. Much more to the sticker price than just 1/4 mile. People buying ats-v's aren't focused on going to the drag strip like a Camaro buyer. At least not as often. Why would you make a strip car out of an 80k caddy?

Also...Al O. is on record stating they went further with weight reduction than they did with the caddy. Its on video. They even made every bolt as short as they could. Im also guessing interior quietness, quality and refinement is a bigger issue with the caddy and its price tag. More weight.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #41
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmyskill View Post
From what I watched/heard was the Cadillac beat the benz in every performance category, but yet they gave the benz the victory???? I agree the V8 makes a difference but so does a $16,000.00 price difference. The benz did have a better interior but the opening statement was all about performance and handling correct?

The same thing that happened in the ZL1 vs GT500 shootout. Shelby won in EVERY catagory, short of braking. The ZL1 won because the drivers "liked it better". Wtf ever that means. Lol

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #42
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
so, with my painfully slow internet Ive only gotten through the intro and the v's road drive and all I heard was

"its fast but I wish it had a v8"
"it stops fast, but I wish it had bigger breaks"
"the infotainment is pretty meh"
"the transmission [shifts as fast as a dual clutch] but I wish it had a dual clutch"

wut?
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote