Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #71
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
So, you're really not making any prediction, as news of ADM's on the cars have been out there since order banks opened. Of course, dealers asking an ADM has little or nothing to do with the Shelby name on it. It has to do with supply and perceived demand. The z/28, when released, did not have Shelby's name on it and most GM dealers asked an ADM. Nothing different here.
That's curious, since most on this forum haven't mentioned ADM or how much it's going to be. By the way, how do you know that dealers are charging ADMs. Have you done a survey? Is it advertised somewhere?
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:19 PM   #72
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yes obviously with negotiation you should be to get the 1SS for less than 40K OTD. and as you said the lesser car in the Mustang for even less money. Which for a buyer like me who just looking to get back into a V8, price is a big deal
I think in this context, comparing MSRP vs MSRP is the only fair way to compare...but yes in the real world being able to get deals or negotiate plays a role of course.

But if you shop around, you can certainly get a 1SS/Auto for well under 40K. My 1SS/Auto/NPP is going to be well under, and my sales guy said he would do the same for others.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #73
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Mustang GT w/ auto comes out 35K OTD
But your stuck with 18" wheels and small all-season tires. Plus small front brake and single piston rear brake. You can't get the PP options with the auto, and that is what the GT needs to be comparable.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:03 AM   #74
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
But your stuck with 18" wheels and small all-season tires. Plus small front brake and single piston rear brake. You can't get the PP options with the auto, and that is what the GT needs to be comparable.
and I don't care because the only two things that would be important to me is V-8 and auto trans. I know I am in the extreme minority there. I don't care about those other things. I don't care that the Camaro has more coolers, I don't care that it has better brakes(factory brakes have always been adequate for me), I don't care that it comes with 20" wheels and I don't care what tires it comes with. I don't care that the Camaro will be faster. 40K OTD (MSRP to MSRP + TTL) is to much $ in my mind.

If the 1SS was a bit closer to the GT in price when the time is right for me to have a second car as a toy it would be a much tougher choice,
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #75
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
and I don't care because the only two things that would be important to me is V-8 and auto trans. I know I am in the extreme minority there. I don't care about those other things. I don't care that the Camaro has more coolers, I don't care that it has better brakes(factory brakes have always been adequate for me), I don't care that it comes with 20" wheels and I don't care what tires it comes with. I don't care that the Camaro will be faster. 40K OTD (MSRP to MSRP + TTL) is to much $ in my mind.

If the 1SS was a bit closer to the GT in price when the time is right for me to have a second car as a toy it would be a much tougher choice,
At this point, I think you need to test drive both cars. When you drive the Camaro, you may find that the extra money spent for the car is worth it. Nothing worse that getting into a car and wishing you had chosen a different one. If not, save the money. Good luck with your decision!
Old 09-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #76
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
At this point, I think you need to test drive both cars. When you drive the Camaro, you may find that the extra money spent for the car is worth it. Nothing worse that getting into a car and wishing you had chosen a different one. If not, save the money. Good luck with your decision!
Yep and who knows maybe when the time is right I would be willing to spend more $ as well
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:00 PM   #77
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Thanks for everyone's input. I think the right thing for me is to wait and drive both cars and then see what my means will allow. I'm sure I can't go wrong either way.
1sspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:56 AM   #78
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sspat View Post
Thanks for everyone's input. I think the right thing for me is to wait and drive both cars and then see what my means will allow. I'm sure I can't go wrong either way.
Good call. Best of luck to ya, either way. They are both awesome cars(from what can be told at this point).

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote