Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2015, 05:53 PM   #15
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Whelp the results are out and I was wrong. Thankfully being wrong was the best case senerio. My apologies to all and feel free to fling the poo at me.
No apologies, brother. I tend to err on the safeside myself. But props for manning up... Wish some others had those pills...uh, balls.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #16
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
No apologies, brother. I tend to err on the safeside myself. But props for manning up... Wish some others had those pills...uh, balls.
Haha...
Old 09-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #17
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I guess you won't it signed, notarized, and witness the weighing on SAE scale? Do you really think 10-20lbs from GM to magazine weight is a big deal? If so, skip the cheeseburgers and beer for a couple of months.
Which could still be differences in calibration or the scales themselves etc.

Doesnt automatically mean that they are lying.

Whos to say the given place is any more accurate/honest than the GM scales or weighing procedure?
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #18
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Yes I doubted the weight the whole time considering how heavy the ats-v is. This is one of those time that I'm glad I was wrong. Hell I'm blown away by how much weight they did cut. I have yet to see what the boys in blue are saying to justify the "fat pig" mustang. This is the first time I can remember that a camaro has been lighter than a mustang. V8 vs v8
That's because the mustang was a smaller car witch I didn't like. Now we have a smaller car wait till you sit in it and you will see how the weight was shaved.

Last edited by Rocco70; 09-14-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:27 PM   #19
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Btw every car equally speced wont weigh the same. Simple variation in the thousands of parts that make up a car or truck will result in different weights. And a tiny 1% variation would be 37 pounds.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #20
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Btw every car equally speced wont weigh the same. Simple variation in the thousands of parts that make up a car or truck will result in different weights. And a tiny 1% variation would be 37 pounds.
This^^^ I work for a company that makes truck mounted construction equipment that is weight sensitive. We scale hundreds of identical machines each year on our own pad scale and log the final weight so we can see trends. Max, min, average, std deviation. There is easily 0.5 to 0.8% variation. We attribute it to variations in plate thickness, welds, castings, etc.

Another factor is scale tolerance. You see certified CAT scales at trucks stops all over. Weigh your car on three different scales on the same day and I guarantee you'll see similar variations one to the next. These aren't calibrated to measure to the ounce.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote