Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #71
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Old 09-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #72
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
It can't be possible? First we achieve the landing on the moon, now a Camaro that can drift? lol
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #73
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
i never had a camaro and this is my first time I will get a V8.i've always liked the camaro and I think it uncomparable to the mustang or challenger so I decided to go with 2SS this time but few days ago I read something that was really heartbreaking for me and made me question my choice with the camaro. Why the heck can't you drift the car?why would the airbags blow out while drifting?isn't this the coolest feature of RWD cars?then why prevent it?
now I really need your help camaro owners.is there any way to avoid airbag deployment?they deploy only when you use the handbrake or just losing traction blows the airbag off?is there a way to disable the curtain side airbags?a wire to cut?what im asking might be childish but im serious if any of you can help me I will really appreciate it otherwise I'll just have to go with the scatpack challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro19 View Post
Never heard of the air bag deploying during drifting, first for me. Like someone said unless you hit something you will be fine
Quote:
I've been surprised when I saw the whole thing video.because the middle East's drift champion favorite car for drifting is the zl1 but on the other side GM said it could happen to anyone.and about the electronic E brake I've tryed it before and it reacts super fast and its very fun drifting it but this airbag thing is really anoying me.lets just hope its a one time accident and never happen again in the 6gen
Quote:
Well it happened when the guy pulled the hand brake for sliding tge car's back end so the only thing we can do is hoping that GM fix this problem in the six gen
Quote:
It happened more than 1 time with the 5th gen so there is a big chance that it might be carried in the 6gen too
Many people have seen the video of ONE 2010 Camaro deploying the curtain airbags on the track. That was an EARLY production 2010 model. There may have been 5, if that, documented occurrences of this air-bag deployment on the track in the entire run of 5th gens. That's 150,000 cars.

Also, The 5th gen was on the Zeta architecture. The 6th gen is on the Alpha architecture. Two COMPLETELY different platforms. There is nothing - NOTHING - shared in the architecture between the 5th and 6th gen Camaros.

There is nothing that binds these two cars together systemically. Get it out of your head.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote