Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #15
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Glad you stuck with Chevy and congrats on the Volt ilike that car just two pricey for me. I also know what it means to bite the ole too much gas use in the Camaro. But I still wanted something fun to drive and stick shift so Abarth I got.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #16
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
This is def a case to have a Camaro as a garage queen and Volt as DD. I have a Prius as my Dd and Camaro SS as my weekend ride. Best of both worlds!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I like the volt. I just don't see the savings for what it cost vs just buying a cheaper economy car that gets mpgs around 40. Someone prove it to me that I'll save money and I'll buy one.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #18
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Enjoy your Volt, but what did you expect from a 6.2L engine...40mpg? As far as suspension, the 1LE is a "track-pack" option that is...you guessed it...track-oriented (i.e. stiff suspension).
I knew what I was buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
P.S. As far as the environment mumbo-jumbo, electricity is produced by burning coal (also a fossil fuel). Whatever allows you to sleep better at night. Good luck and enjoy!
Maybe, if you live in Kentucky. Here in Montreal Canada, 59 hydroelectric dams have a combined capacity of 34,118 megawatts provides 50% of Canada's electricity needs. 95.73% of electricity in Montreal & Quebec comes from renewable Hydro electric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
This post makes me sick

Just playing, sucks to see you go but if you feel that car is better suited for your needs, then you made the right one. If you decide that car isn't working out either and want your Gen5 club card back.......we will have to think about it

Enjoy the new car
Thank you sir NJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitboss View Post
I never hate on anyone who decides to go with eco-friendly car choices like the Volt, Prius, etc. The less fuel they use, the more for me to play!

Enjoy your new ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfey View Post
Tips and tricks for your Volt.

-You can change the amps from 8 amps to 12 amps in order to charge you vehicle faster.
-Sport mode- you can take a 1LE crosswalk to crosswalk, the instant torque is insane.
-I don't know about you, but here the kWh rates change depending on time of day, so you can program your car to begin charging at say 6pm if it is plugged in before then.
-Use mountain mode if you know you're going to climb stuff and engage it like 20 mins before. Or else you car will sound like it is being overworked cause the little motor is trying and trying its best.
-The Bose speakers are pretty nice if you have them

Yes to all of the above. At 220v @ 12 amps, the car charges in about 3.5 hours. Sport mode + Instant Torque is fun fun fun. Power prices vary here too but its based on usage not time of day. Mountain Mode is fantastic. If I am going to be on a long highway, Mountain Mode will charge the battery while I drive to give me some electric cruising once I get back into the city. Though not as efficient, its still handy. Yes I have the Bose system. Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
sorry i can wrap my head around this. good luck and better you then me
I know. My friends think I'm strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
thank you for choosing another Chevrolet! The Volt is a great car - but unfortunately until you drive one, you don't know what you're missing.
It was an easy choice. I test drove the Volt 6 or 7 times since last year. I really, really like it. I hope Chevy starts making more electric cars in the future. Why not an electric Camaro? Man... THAT I would buy in a second... Tell your Engineers to get crackin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMTHEDANGER View Post
It bugs me when people (like my dad) think global warming doesn't exist.
Me too. Lots of people think its some kind of conspiracy, and or that all scientists are wrong, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecky View Post
Homo
Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I like the volt. I just don't see the savings for what it cost vs just buying a cheaper economy car that gets mpgs around 40. Someone prove it to me that I'll save money and I'll buy one.
I guess I will find out in about a year or so. In the mean time, I just like it because its electric.

Cheers. Thanks for not blasting me.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #19
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I have no reservations about the fact that I spend $60 every 4-5 days for gas in my SS... with that said, I wish you the best luck with your new vehicle.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #20
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
More for me! I enjoy destroying the environment.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #21
Craig B

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Even if you're playing around, you are acting like an asshole by just telling a member here he's a "homo" for getting a different car.
Did you happen to see what a Chevy Volt looks like? He should of just bought a Smart car!!!
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #22
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
A lot of haters on the forum nowadays.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #23
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criag B View Post
Did you happen to see what a Chevy Volt looks like? He should of just bought a Smart car!!!
I'd rather have a Volt over a Smart Car. At least a Volt LOOKS like a car and not a closed in golf cart.

To the OP, some very sound reasoning in your decision making. You bought the right car for you...

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #24
shane4

Drives: Honda. Camaro in the future.
My only problem with your post is the fact you try to paint the oilfield in a bad light. We're just hard working folks such as yourself. If people didn't consume so much (yourself included) there wouldn't be such a demand for oil. Good on you for taking the first step in reducing your energy consumption but until you decide to grow your own food or start using a horse and buggy I'd keep the finger pointing to a minimum.
shane4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #25
shane4

Drives: Honda. Camaro in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMTHEDANGER View Post
I don't see how he is dissing the oilfield. Global warming is a plain fact, and I don't consider that painting it in a bad light. That's like saying to someone "Smoking can cause lung cancer" and them saying "Don't paint it in a bad light! It's not ALL bad!"
No one is blaming you.
When he mentions the hidden costs of oil. Explosions, spills, etc.. Yes because those are done on purpose and happen every day...
I'm tired of the oilfield bashing. Period. You'd get sick of it yourself if people bash it in one moment then in the next moment they are climbing in their gas guzzling car or truck.
shane4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #26
IAMTHEDANGER
The great ruiner of plans

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane4 View Post
When he mentions the hidden costs of oil. Explosions, spills, etc.. Yes because those are done on purpose and happen every day...
I'm tired of the oilfield bashing. Period. You'd get sick of it yourself if people bash it in one moment then in the next moment they are climbing in their gas guzzling car or truck.
I accidentally deleted my post when I was trying to edit, so I'll post it again first.

"I don't see how he is dissing the oilfield. Global warming is a plain fact, and I don't consider that painting it in a bad light. That's like saying to someone "Smoking can cause lung cancer" and them saying "Don't paint it in a bad light! It's not ALL bad!"
No one is blaming you."

Now to reply to your reply.

Why are you trying to take up for oil spills?
Mistakes happen and everyone knows that.
It takes a special kind of idiot to think oil spills are on purpose. (Which, as you may know, there are plenty of people like that.)
No logical person thinks you're to blame.
Try not to get offended by people who don't know better.
OP isn't attacking you or the oilfield. Just stating facts.

Edit: Nevermind, I feel like an idiot.

To quote OP:
"I was having a really hard time at the pump. I can afford the gas this was not problem. Instead, I had more and more trouble, buying so much gas for a car that got such terrible milage, and paying companies for that gas that seemed to care very little about the damage they cause or show little interest in properly cleaning each of their messes"

I didn't understand what you were getting offended about at first, but after re-reading I was having a really hard time at the pump. I can afford the gas this was not problem. Instead, I had more and more trouble, buying so much gas for a car that got such terrible milage, and paying companies for that gas that seemed to care very little about the damage they cause or show little interest in properly cleaning each of their messes.

At first I just thought you were getting offended about him mentioning oil spills, then I re-read his post and now see what you mean.
Sorry.
IAMTHEDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:19 PM   #27
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Do what YOU like. Buy what YOU like. It's your life, enjoy it. Do not listen to the haters. Everyone has different needs, different likes. Do what makes you happy! Nuff said.
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:03 PM   #28
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
An electric muscle car? Good luck!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote