Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #15
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by shine2013 View Post
Maybe it's because I've seen too many middle aged men driving them. I love the new Corvette. I think they're the sexiest car GM has ever put out. Just didn't want to drive one and have people look at me funny.

I'm 23, recent graduate, in my career, but not Corvette demographic. Driving a Camaro nobody thinks much, just say I love your car and ask what I do.
Actually the C7 was pretty much designed for your demographic.
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #16
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And in France it would be called a 2Royale with SS...they got the metric system over there, lol!!
Good reference

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #17
John E

Drives: 2014 2SS rs 6M
Thats a shame the young'ns still feel this way, I drove a 68 in HS, used. This is suppose to be "Americas" Super Car. I for one do not regret my decision.
John E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #18
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
And in France it would be called a 2Royale with SS...they got the metric system over there, lol!!
Vincent Vega our man in Amsterdam
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #19
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
LMAO
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #20
craigcurry

Drives: FIFTY SS
Don't regret getting a 2SS Camaro. I got a 2SS Camaro for my wife and then got myself a C7 Corvette. We tried to keep it all in the family by getting a Velocity Red Camaro and a Torch Red Corvette. We parted ways when it came down to transmissions. She has an auto and I have a manual. And the Camaro and Corvette are garage mates too like my wife and I are soul mates.
craigcurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #21
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Man, if I had known what the new Stingray was going to look like when I bought my Camaro over 2 years ago, I think I might have just used my down payment to fix my other car up instead and hold out 2 more years. 2 years worth of car payments and higher insurance with a new car and I could have had almost half the price of a new Stingray saved up. But I'm plenty happy with my Camaro and don't plan on getting rid of it, so maybe I'll be able to swing a used Vette in a couple years to sit alongside my Camaro.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #22
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Nice. lol

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #23
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCk View Post
Man, if I had known what the new Stingray was going to look like when I bought my Camaro over 2 years ago, I think I might have just used my down payment to fix my other car up instead and hold out 2 more years. 2 years worth of car payments and higher insurance with a new car and I could have had almost half the price of a new Stingray saved up. But I'm plenty happy with my Camaro and don't plan on getting rid of it, so maybe I'll be able to swing a used Vette in a couple years to sit alongside my Camaro.
Saw a red one today, I say they are the nicest car out there right now for the money!
Don't get me wrong I still love my Camaro and it still turns head!
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #24
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcurry View Post
Don't regret getting a 2SS Camaro. I got a 2SS Camaro for my wife and then got myself a C7 Corvette. We tried to keep it all in the family by getting a Velocity Red Camaro and a Torch Red Corvette. We parted ways when it came down to transmissions. She has an auto and I have a manual. And the Camaro and Corvette are garage mates too like my wife and I are soul mates.
2 words

Mee...owww
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:47 AM   #25
Jetblue

Drives: 5th Gen SS Dreamer. Looking now.
Corvette is too small. Only 2 seats.

Look forward to a test drive though.
Jetblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #26
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by shine2013 View Post
Maybe it's because I've seen too many middle aged men driving them. I love the new Corvette. I think they're the sexiest car GM has ever put out. Just didn't want to drive one and have people look at me funny.

I'm 23, recent graduate, in my career, but not Corvette demographic. Driving a Camaro nobody thinks much, just say I love your car and ask what I do.

Dude. Who gives a single rats A$$ what other people think about you and your car? Drive what you like, what you can afford, what will make you smile when you punch that throttle.

My friends make fun of me, call my car a "Mullet-Mobile", hate on the color (yellow... I know I know),ask if it is loud enough, girls assume I am *AHEM* compensating.

I don't care at all. I love the car, I love the mods I have, I love the way I feel when I drive her, I love everything except the headroom. What relationship doesn't have some problems though

If you want a C7, man, go friggin snap one up and never look back.
Mamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #27
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamooth View Post
Dude. Who gives a single rats A$$ what other people think about you and your car? Drive what you like, what you can afford, what will make you smile when you punch that throttle.

My friends make fun of me, call my car a "Mullet-Mobile", hate on the color (yellow... I know I know),ask if it is loud enough, girls assume I am *AHEM* compensating.

I don't care at all. I love the car, I love the mods I have, I love the way I feel when I drive her, I love everything except the headroom. What relationship doesn't have some problems though

If you want a C7, man, go friggin snap one up and never look back.

You tell people their opinion will matter when they start paying your car note.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #28
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
haha I had one guy I work with tell me my car was obnoxious. I just laughed it off and told him when he was done being a child with his cracker jack Genesis Coupe then we could talk cars, until then I told him to be quiet and let the adults talk.

I am 29 and I fully intend on getting a Laguna Blue Stingray in about 3 years. When I bought my 06 GTO back in 2009(I was 26) I initially wanted and was trying to swing an 05 Vette but just couldnt make the numbers work. In my opinion anyone who calls a Vette an old mans car is just butthurt becuase they cant afford one and they are stuck driving the likes of an SRT4 or a 4.6 Mustang.